Chapter 6: First Introductions

It's a Choice Between Love and Tradition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lu Han’s POV

Having to balance my school work and training with Habeoji was about to take its toll on me but I was going to handle it nonetheless. I needed to prove to everyone in my family that I was worth the position no matter how much stuff they said about me.

The others have claimed that my attitude and stance have taken a 180 degree turn for the worst. It wasn’t that I was forcing myself to change but I get why Onew Hyung backed down from this in the first place. The pressure was different it made you realize what your priorities actually were.

We were already on our way to the cafeteria when Chanyeol casually appeared behind me to swing his arm around my shoulder.

“Hyung. How are you?” He asked and I shrugged while continuing my walk towards our table.

“Ya. Don’t be like that. We miss you so much already.” He said and pouted at me but I shook my head at him to show him that I wasn’t interested with small talk as of the moment. He took that as his signal to drop it so he just kept quiet when we reached the table.

Everyone else was already busy discussing other topics when we arrived but most of them were about Kris and the beating up that happened last week.

“I think Noona went overboard.” Baek Hyun said and I saw Yixing and Chen nod in agreement. However some of the others were shaking their heads clearly siding with Jessica Noona.

“I beg to differ. What she did was harsh. Yes. But it was just. Kris betrayed the trust of the family.” Su Ho said while some of the others murmured their agreement.

“We all go through the same punishment and disciplinary measures. He has no right to walk out of the family that way.” Kyungsoo muttered which made some of the others keep quiet. But when I finally sat down to eat they all looked at me probably wondering what I thought.

“Lu Han. What do you think?” Su Ho asked and I shrugged.

“I thought I made it pretty clear already. He betrayed us. That’s the end of it. And I need to stand by that decision if I am going to be the next family’s head.” I said while pulling out a book I could scan through while eating. But when I gave my answer I heard someone scoff from the far end of the table. I didn’t need to lift my head to notice that it was Tao.

“Good Afternoon to you to Tao.” I said curtly before proceeding with my lunch. Usually he would just keep quiet but this time he was so pissed that he answered back.

“What’s good in the afternoon if I have to see you?” He said and I was supposed to let it slip when I heard a slap erupt from his side of the table.

I looked up to see Jessica Noona appear by the side of our table glaring at Tao after slapping him.

“How dare you talk to Lu Han that way? He is the next heir. So respect him. I for one admire him. He has really proven to me this past week that he deserves to be our family’s heir.” She said while looking at him with dark eyes but quickly smiled at me when she saw me looking.

“Oh Lu Han. Habeoji said that he wants you to be home early tonight. Apparently there is a dinner that you two are attending and he needs you to be there.” She said before smiling at me and leaving our table.

I looked over at Tao who kept his head down. I was about to say something when he stood up abruptly.

“If you all will excuse me. I have to attend to something before heading to class.” He said and quickly leaving not even touching the food that was left on his plate. I sighed and turned back to plate feeling the guilt welling up in my stomach.

“Lu Han. Don’t feel bad about it. He had it coming.” Xiumin Hyung said and I nodded at him before looking back at my lunch.

“What’s the dinner I’m attending later?” I asked since I didn’t want to think about what happened earlier anymore.

“Oh. It’s one of the biggest business dinners of the year. Business tycoons from all over South Korea gather in one hall to discuss and possibly start new partnerships. But usually old families. Like ours, bring along the next heirs to introduce themselves formally to the business world.” Chen said as he tried recalling some other details.

“Oh yea! It’s also the only known dinner that both Yang and Lee members are seen to be together.” He smiled after recalling the most important fact.

“Ohh. No wonder the old man wants you to go home early. He’ll put you on display against G Dragon-ssi. I heard that he’s really scary.” Baek Hyun continued and I felt myself freeze a bit.

“Wait. That’s the guy that defended Kris that one time right?”Xiumin suddenly said and we all nodded.

“Lu Han. I bet the old man is going to make you go head to head with him.” Su Ho quickly interjected and I don’t know why but although Ji Yong-ssi was kind to us during our first meeting I couldn’t help but wonder how he acted when it came to business matters.

“I have a question though. How exactly did he earn the name G Dragon aside from the obvious reasons. I tried to calmly say. But they all looked at me sensing my nervousness.

“Well. No one exactly why. Some say that it’s because he is an absolute dragon when it comes to business meetings and all. And that his name literally means that. But. There is one outlandish one.” Baek Hyun started and I leaned in to listen to him.

“They said that when he finally turned 18 making him a legal adult and all. Everything around him changed. He can make a room freeze just by stepping in. And just like a dragon. When he opens his mouth everyone just fears what comes out of it. Since dragons came from water god and the warrior sun god, he can be is both someone with auspicious power when it comes to meetings but it also extremely destructive when it comes to enemies.” He said and I only gulped upon hearing that.

“I guess he must be someone that’s really hard to please.” I said and they all looked at me before shaking their heads.

“I wish you the best of luck Hyung. He was nice to you at first since you were not the family heir then. But you are now.” Chanyeol said and I only shook my head before abruptly standing up to leave.

I’m pretty much screwed if I mess up later.

Ji Hyun’s POV

I was giddy today mainly because of two things. One, Yi Fan is coming home and two, I finally get to go to a business dinner! And it wasn’t just any dinner it was one of the biggest business dinners for all of the tycoons in Korea.

I knocked on Ji Yong’s room to find him choosing his tux so I sat on his bed to earn a smile from him.

“You seem happy.” He said and I nodded with all the enthusiasm in the world which only made him chuckle.

“How can I not? I am finally being noticed!” I said and he just shook his head before suddenly looking up remembering something. But just as he was about to say something Yi Fan came into the room.

“Hey there.” He said weakly and I squealed in delight to see him.

“OPPA!” I said and he looked at me before fully coming in to give me a hug.

“I missed you too Mei Mei.” He chuckled before letting me go to wave at Ji Yong. He smiled back before motioning for us to go on his bed.

“Yi Fan. Do you already have your tux?” Ji Yong asked and he nodded which only made me wonder why he would need one.

“Wae? Where are you going Oppa?” I asked but he only looked at me before looking at Ji Yong Oppa again.

“She doesn’t know does she?” He simply said and Ji Yong only

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter