Chapter 21: Clearing Things Out

It's a Choice Between Love and Tradition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyun’s POV

The moment we entered the curb going into the house I already felt all the nervousness resurface. I knew that they were dead serious about me meeting Nickhun but I never thought that they were this serious about it.

I tried to take a peep at Mark who was only hanging his head low during the whole trip. I kind of felt guilty knowing that whatever happened earlier was my entire fault. He probably got the scolding of the century because of me.

I sighed and tried to get a read on Yi Fan through the driver’s mirror. He was seated in front and the moment I looked up I saw him doing the exact same thing. He was also trying to look at me.

His eyes kind of softened when he saw me looking but I immediately felt angered when he did that. It still annoyed me how he addressed me earlier. How he spoke to me earlier.  I felt like an object.

I just glared at him and let out a huff when the driver opened the passenger’s door for me. I stormed out and marched up the stairs into the familiar house.

The moment I got in I was surprised that my head maid was there. She usually took care of me when I was little but ever since I left I never really figured what would happen to her. She only smiled at me weakly before offering to take my coat. I nodded and thanked her. She smiled and even whispered a “It’s nice to have you visit Young Miss.”

Just by hearing what she just said it already sent a wave of depression through me. I missed my home. I missed everything about being here. Sometimes I wished I never had this stupid idea of living with them just to get intel.

But as I tried thinking about these things I knew that somehow I was happy there. Maybe because of the bouncing Tao. Or the jokesters Chanyeol and Baekhyun. But there was one that stood out among the rest.

Lu Han.

I shook my head at the thought. God. What is wrong with me? After spending the whole day with him I only felt the constant tossing and turning of my stomach and my heart always seemed to miss a beat when I reached out for his hand. And when we were in the cart in the Ferris wheel I felt so elated that he was the one I was having that moment with.

Get your act together Kwon Ji Hyun! Remember. Yang. Lee. Yang. Lee. I let out another frustrated huff before stepping in towards the living room. I found three people inside. Two of them were unfamiliar to me while the other one was sending daggers right at me.

Can you guess who it is? If you guessed my uptight older brother then you guessed right. I decided to be polite for once and did a bow before the two unfamiliar men. Completely ignoring my brother.

“Annyeong Haseyo. My name is Kwon Ji Hyun. I am sorry for keeping you wait this long for me.” I said and straightened myself up to see the older of the two unfamiliar men only smile at me.

“It’s okay my dear. You are very pretty. Hyun Suk was right about you. You need not worry abo-“ He was cut off midsentence when my brother decided to interrupt.

“Park Jin Young-ssi. I am sorry but I may have to interrupt your introductions for a while. You all know that my sister is currently residing in SM Academy. We just need to get some intel from her. Excuse us.” He said and practically dragged me out of the living room and into one of the offices on the first floor of the house.

He closed the door and pointed to a chair. I sat down and started fiddling with my fingers. He was pacing back and forth mumbling something under his breath. I let out a huff and tried to speak.

“Oppa I—“ He cut me off by raising one finger in the air signalling me to wait. Oh God. I am so dead.

I only nodded and waited for him to speak. As I was waiting the door opened and in came Yi Fan Oppa. He had the same hard expression that Ji Yong Oppa was wearing. Really? These two? Why are they so cold to me?

When he closed the door behind him that was when Ji Yong spoke.

“Now. Talk. And this better be good young lady.” He hissed and glared at me. I only gulped and nodded my head.

“I’m sorry. I just. I- Uh. I didn’t want to meet him okay? You all know how stubborn I am. And you know I would never agree to this in any ing way.” I tried to stutter out a good enough reason and with each word I let out it only made Ji Yong’s glare get icier and icier. His eyes were now as fierce and as terrifying as a Dragon.

Ladies and Gentlemen the reason why he is coined G Dragon.

I decided to just shut the hell up and fiddle with my fingers because no matter what I say now will do any difference for my death sentence. I just pray to God that people will come to my funeral.

“That’s it? That’s all you’re going to say?” Ji Yong spat and I kind of flinched with how cold he was.

I only bit my lower lip fighting back the tears that were already playing at the rims of my eyes before nodding weakly. I heard him take in a breath probably ready to take a lash out on me when Yi Fan spoke.

“Hyung. Tone it down a bit. You’re not the only one she will be speaking with tonight. And we still have to send her back to SM Academy. She can’t look like she did a crying spree.” He said and I looked up to see that they were both having a staring contest.

“Tell me Yi Fan. Why are you siding with her? We both got scolded for her immaturity. She needs to it up!” My brother spat and I looked down again as I heard him say that.

“You have to think about what you are going to say. One. After this she is going to walk out of this room to meet Park Jin Young-ssi and Nickhun-ssi. Two. She cannot look like you scolded her because Uncle Hyun Suk already gave you a strict order to not say a word to her on our way back here. Three. She has a lot going on. Cut her some slack alright?” He said and I heard footsteps approaching me.

Yi Fan placed a hand on my shoulder and I looked up at him and he gave me a gentle smile that only made me want to cry even more.

“Fine. What did you do the whole day then?” Ji Yong said and sat down on the chair across from me with his arms folded in front of him.

“I went out.” I said weakly and he raised an eyebrow.

“Out? With who?” He asked me.

“Lu Han.” I answered curtly because right now I am just in fear of my brother.

“The heir? Why? I thought you two despised each other?” He said and I was shocked that he knew this. He only shrugged before continuing his statement.

“Mark told us.” He said and rolled his eyes. I only pouted before answering.

“He was my alibi. To keep me out of the house because I knew that you guys were going to force me out of the dorm when Mark arrived without me.” I said and they both nodded. They knew that I could read them like an open book.

“Fine. You’re lucky that Jin Young-ssi and Nickhun-ssi are aware of your stubbornness and they find it cute. But before we end this. Let me remind you Ji Hyun. You are in that school to get intel. Not to fraternie yourself with the enemy. You will only use them. Don’t even dare get the least bit attached. You are a Yang. They are Lees. I don’t think I need to emphasize that any further don’t I?” Ji Yong said and stepped out of the room. Making sure to slam it when he did.

I looked at Yi Fan and he suddenly had a solemn look on his face.

“Ji Hyun. I want to keep this between you, me and Mark. What did I see earlier? Tell me the truth. Are you dating Lu Han?” He asked me and raised an eyebrow. My eyes widened and I shook my head frantically.

“Ani! Aniyo. Oppa. How can you assume such a thing?” I asked him and he only let out a sigh.

“You two were walking hand in hand. Laughing at something. If you two aren’t in a relationship. Then. Do you like him?” He asked me and I froze when I heard the question.

Did I like him? He sent butterflies to my stomach just by looking at me. But no. Get your head out of your Ji Hyun! You do not like that deer!

“No. I don’t. I’m just being friendly. You know the cliché. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.” I replied and he only nodded seemingly accepting my lame excuse.

“Fine. Make sure though. You won’t be staying there forever.” He said and stood up to open the door. He looked at me then tilted his head signalling that I should step out.

I only nodded at him but one thing was still playing on my mind. Did I like Lu Han? I only shook my head at the thought and tried pulling off my most dazzling smile when I came face to face with the two men from earlier plus Mark who was in a better mood when I came inside.

They both smiled as I sat down and I was surprised that when I came in Abeoji was already in the living room looking chipper than ever. But when he saw me he gave me a quick and meaningful look that only made me gulp in response.

“Ahh. My stubborn flower. I want you to meet Nickhun. Your fiancé.” He said and motioned towards the younger man who looked incredibly attractive. He only bowed at me before extending his hand for me to accept.

“It’s nice to meet you Ji Hyun-ssi.” He said and I only smiled and extended my hand as well.

“Nice to meet you too Nickhun-ssi.” I said and he only chuckled before everyone told us to sit down and head straight to business.

_

I spent the next two hours getting to know Nickhun. Apparently he was around the same age as Ji Yong and he would be going back and forth between Thailand and Korea trying to manage the expanding business of his grandfather. Which is why he had to have Mark get information about me since he was too busy with work to actually get to know me.

I only smiled at him but kind of felt hurt. I was going to marry someone who didn’t even have the time of day to get to know me better but instead needed someone else to do it.

Everyone else wanted to leave Nickhun and I alone to actually bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter