Chapter 22: Be Honest

It's a Choice Between Love and Tradition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyun’s POV

Hooray hooray it’s Monday. I frowned at the thought and started marching my way on over to my classroom. I was still in a very sour mood after what happened back home.

Really the only person that made me feel like they missed me at all was Abeoji and it was only just because Ji Yong Oppa already managed to scold me beforehand. Not only that but I already met my supposed husband. Why was I pissed off about this you ask?

Because the guy wasn’t half bad! I needed a damn ing good reason to hate him so that I could motivate myself even further to end this engagement I have with him. Screw this. The guy was a god and he was nowhere close to how I imagined him to be at first. It just so happens that he wasn’t my type.

When I arrived at our classroom I immediately made my way towards my desk once I arrived in the classroom. I immediately brought out my iPod to blast the whole damn world away since I was in no mood to talk to anyone right now. I knew that that wasn’t the only reason I was so annoyed. But another reason would be Lu Han.

I was so frustrated with the fact that Yi Fan Oppa had to arrive just when I was actually having fun for once. I had to admit that I enjoyed Lu Han’s company the most lately. Since he was the guy that always seemed to be there. When I needed a friend to vent to, when I needed to run away from my ed up world he was the guy that always seemed to be there.

God, get a grip Ji Hyun! You cannot, will not and will never like this boy. Remember what you are actually doing here! I groaned and hit my head on my study table. This is bad. What is going on with me?

Just as I was about to hit my head again someone’s hand stopped me by putting their hand on my forehead midway.

I looked up shocked to see Tao smiling in front of me. I raised an eyebrow and took out the earphones I was wearing.

“Tao? I don’t have class with you here.” I said bluntly and he seemed to catch on to my mood quick since he let out a very shaky laugh. I squinted my eyes at him in suspicion and again he tried to sound acting cool about it. Too cool.

“Don’t be so tense Ji Hyun-ah. Can’t I just come here because I’ve been missing you terribly?” Reasoning out with me will not work at this point since I was too pissed to even talk about anything or to anyone. Especially to any one of them because they all became distant towards me.

“Miss me? Are you sure? Because the last time I checked all 10 of you guys started avoiding me for no good reason at all.” I pointed out and let out a huff only making him fidget a bit. Aha! I knew it. What was going on?

“Stop fidgeting. Whoever sent you to talk to me right now should have known that you are a horrible liar.” I nudged him a bit to finally loosen up because I caught him red handed but he only groaned and ruffled his hair in frustration at how easily I’ve caught him.

“Okay before I start promise me you’ll hear me out properly okay?” He said and I only nodded stiffly for him to continue. He took in a deep breathe before speaking.

“Well I am mostly here on behalf of Yi Fan and your broth—“ I scoffed and cut him off before he could even continue. Really? They were going to go this far to piss the hell out of me?

“Not even going to hear you out right now Tao.” I spat and crossed my arms at him since I was pissed as hell.

“Ji Hyun-ah. Really you just have to let me finish.” He reasoned out but I only shook my head at him.

“Okay first thing’s first. You come here and try reasoning out with me? After a week of ignoring me? After acting like I don’t exist? Seriously Tao! I kept calling you. You were the first person I trusted in this damn place! And you suddenly have a 180 degree attitude change.” I told him letting al my disappointment flow through every word that I spoke at him.

He only hung his head a bit before speaking again but before he could draw in a breathe I cut him off.

“I am not yet through. Now you come here. Into my classroom where you are not my classmate and try telling me that Yi Fan and Ji Yong have something important to say through you? If they really did have anything good to say they would have said it to my face two ing nights ago! You do not need to act as messenger. Also even if you did I would never listen to what you have to say because I am too damn pissed about everything!” I spat and he seemed taken aback by how harsh I was acting.

“Ji Hyun-ah. Just hear me out please? They both sounded really sorry over the phone.” He said weakly making me only roll my eyes in annoyance.

“Really? They were sorry? Psshh. Tell them that I am not interested. They made me feel like such a disappointment. Like I was actually having fun here and that I forgot about them. It was incredibly offensive.” I said while fighting back the tears that were already making their way to my eyes.

“They only said those things because of you hard headedness.” I glared at him and stood up from my seat.

“My hard headedness? I’m stubborn? They sure as hell should know that! Do they seriously expect me to go on ahead and agree to every single damn thing that they push towards me just because I want to be recognized!? To force upon me someone who I do not love let alone know! I only met the guy last Saturday and it was only for a few hours!” I screamed at him letting out all the emotions that I’ve been bottling up.

He was already frozen in his seat. I knew that he wasn’t aware how violent I could sometimes act but just this once can’t anyone understand what I’m going through? Can’t anyone feel how hard it actually is to be here? To act like this!?

I was about to lash out at Tao again when the door opened to reveal Chanyeol and Baekhyun. I looked at them and rolled my eyes. I knew I couldn’t lash out anymore because they were here. I sat back down on my chair and glared at Tao who was just sitting silently in front of me.

I scoffed and looked back at Baekhyun and Chanyeol who were sporting the same expression that they gave me every single day after the party in the first week.

I let out a dark smile while turning my head to the side. This was just the last straw. I am so fed up with everything right now.

“YA!” I screamed at them and they jumped a bit in their seats in front of me. They slowly turned their heads to me and had confused eyes.

“What? You guys too? You know what. you. you all. Keep acting like I don’t exist. Keep acting like I am just some person in front of you! I thought when you guys came after me in the comfort room that one time you would all go back to normal but I was dead wrong. You will still ignore me! I hate you all!” I screeched and they only widened their eyes at how I was acting.

There was a dead silence after which only made me feel even more hurt.

“So this is how we are going to do it huh? I let out all the emotions I’ve been bottling up and you all keep quiet not even bothering to tell me what’s wrong? Fine. Be that way. I’m out.” I said and grabbed my bag before storming out of the room.

Seriously they were going to keep acting this way around me? This is utter bull. I was already making my way out of the campus building.

Internally debating as to whether or not I would cut class today. But as I turned a corner I accidentally bumped into someone only making me curse.

I dusted myself off and bowed to apologize to whoever it was when I was shocked to only here a chuckle from their side.

“Why are you in such a foul mood so early in the morning Ji Hyun?” I froze at the sound of his voice.

No not out of fear. Not even out of shock. But because of the tingling feeling that shot straight from my neck all over my body. The same reaction I got the last time we were together.

“L-Lu Han?” I stuttered at straightened myself up to look at him only to regret it immediately as I did. Goddamnit.

“Well. Unless you know anyone else with this handsome face. Then yes.” He flashed me a smile immediately and I only felt myself go flustered by how he acted in front of me.

I stayed quiet for a long time that he suddenly furrowed his eyebrows together. He seemed confused at how I was acting.

“Ya! Ji Hyun! What’s wrong? You seem off.” He said and I only shook my head at him trying to calm myself as well.

“Aniyo.” I said weakly.

This has got to be the worst. My brain is already all jumbled up just by being face to face with him. I couldn’t even stutter out a proper sentence. What is wrong with me?

I was about to walk away from him when he suddenly took hold of my wrist. The moment he did I suddenly felt my body go crazy again with feelings jumping up and down.

I don’t have time for this. I don’t have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter