Chapter 17: Meeting the Lees

It's a Choice Between Love and Tradition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyun’s POV

I was in their garden enjoying my solitude. I admired the flower patch that was beside the swing set and immediately remembered my Omma. She had an exact `same flower patch back at home and it only made me miss her even more. I was just admiring it when I felt someone sit beside me.

 “Hey.” I looked to my side and was surprised to see Lu Han sitting beside me. I raised an eyebrow before greeting him.

“Hi.” I said curtly. I wasn’t comfortable around him especially after the party and that bloody game that he suggested.

“So. Why are you here alone?” He asked me but I let out a sigh before answering him.

“Cut the bull Lu Han. Why are you suddenly so nice to me? Is it because we’re here in your house? Where you’re family lives? Are some sort of two faced bastard?” I spat and he only narrowed his eyes at me before answering.

“No. I am not a two faced bastard. I just randomly decided to give you a second chance because all the other guys are so fond of you. And it made me think that I probably judged you too hastily.” He said before rocking the swing set a bit.

“You’re acting weird. It still won’t make me hate you any less that I do right now.” I told him and continued to look at the flower patch that was in their garden.

“I don’t expect you to stop hating me. There would be no thrill in talking to you anymore if you stopped hating me anyways.” He explained and it only made me nudge him at the side.

“You meanie. I’m not that bad.” I pouted and when he looked at me he only laughed out a bit seeing me try to be cute.

“Yes you are. How can you call yourself an heiress when you don’t even carry yourself with grace? You look the part but when you open that mouth of yours everything just goes downhill.” He said and it only made me glare at him.

“At least I am not one of those stock up biatches that act like they need to have everything in the world.” I pointed out and pushed him to the side.

“You have a point there. Ji Hyun-ah. I just wanted to ask a favour from you.” He said and I immediately questioned him since it only made me suspicious.

“Depends. What’s the favour?” I asked.

“Can we start off fresh? I mean. Not fresh like a new start because that isn’t real. You will still have memories of how mean I was before. But can we try to look past what we did to each other before? I want to get to know you the same way the others do.” He said and I was shocked by what he just said.

“Chincha? You want that? Waeyo?” I asked and blinked a few times trying to decipher the ulterior motive behind his words.

“You deserve at least that. Plus. You’re my partner in Martial Arts and Asian History. We need to at least get along to pass right?” He told me and I only shook my head at him before answering.

“Wow. Who are you and what have you done to the evil Lu Han I met on the first day of class?” I joked and it only made him chuckle.

“Psshh. Still the same Lu Han. But you just haven’t met me properly yet.” He said and I smiled at him.

“Fine. We’ll look past that. So does this mean we won’t fight anymore?” I asked him and he only chuckled.

“As I’ve said earlier where’s the fun in that? I’ll still tease you every now and then but I won’t be mean anymore.” He said and I couldn’t help but smile at his words.

“Fine. So. Tell me. Now that we’re friends. Why is Baek Hyun suddenly distancing himself from me?” I asked him and he looked taken aback by my question. He was already scrambling for words when I spoke up again.

“Aish. Never mind. I guess I shouldn’t be asking you that. It’s just weird. All the other guys except Tao suddenly started acting weird around me. They still laugh and all but they are not touchy or clingy like before.” I pointed out and it only made him gulp down his saliva.

I saw his Adam’s apple bob up and down and I knew something was up but no matter I would figure it out soon.

“Probably stress from school. Hey. I think they’re calling us for lunch already.” He said and pointed towards the sliding door where one of the maids were already headed our way to probably tell us lunch was ready.

We both walked into the dining hall together and I was shocked to see other members of their family. I immediately bowed in respect to them since I couldn’t go on and act like I wanted because if I did they would just be suspicious as to who I actually am.

Lu Han immediately sat somewhere close to the head of the table where I assumed his grandfather would soon be sitting. The others were already seated somewhere close too. I was about to take a seat next to Tao when one of their maids approached me.

“Young Miss. The guest shall be seated to Sir Lu Han. House rules.” She said and I looked at Tao who only nodded and I shrugged making my way next to Lu Han. He nodded curtly at me before turning back to look at one of the doors that probably leaded to another part of their house.

“No one told me I would be eating lunch with the whole family. I thought it would only be you guys.” I whispered to him and he only chuckled before nodding.

“At least you introduced yourself. Don’t worry though. My cousins don’t bite. And not everyone single one of us will be eating here. As far as I’m aware it just some of my cousins who handle our music business and my Abeoji that are eating here today.” He said and just as he finished he stood up. I looked at him then at the door to see an all too familiar man come in.

Lee Soo Man.

I stood up as well. Everyone else followed after us. He then made his way to his seat and motioned for everyone else to sit as well. He then looked at Lu Han then at me. I was shocked when he smiled at me.

“Ahh. You must be Ms Kwon Ji Hyun. It is nice to finally meet the girl that managed to beat up 11 of my grandsons.” He said and blinked a couple of times before answering.

“Correction Sir. Just 10 of them. I haven’t gone against Lu Han yet.” I said and tried to muster up a genuine smile. He chuckled before answering me.

“Well. I almost forgot. I did give specific orders that no harm come upon my heir. You are quite a beautiful young lady. And I can see that you come from a very prestigious family background.” He said and I froze a bit when I heard what he j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter