Chapter 32: Falling Apart

It's a Choice Between Love and Tradition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyun’s POV

I was chasing after Lu Han when someone suddenly pulled me into an alley causing me to let out a little scream. I faced the culprit and only found my eyes widening in surprise with who I came face to face with.

“O-Oppa—“ Was all I managed to blurt out when he started to glare at me with those eyes of his.

“It’s nice to see you too Ji Hyun-ah.” He said to me before taking a step back and scrutinizing my appearance. I gulped and looked down not daring to look at him.

“Oppa. What are you doing here?” I asked him and he let out a scoff before speaking.

“What the Ji Hyun-ah? You know what I suggest you start talking some sense to me right now. You haven’t been updating everyone back at home. You start becoming less and less careful with your actions lately. Need I remind you you are still Ji Yong Hyung’s sister? To add to that. What the hell is going on with you and Lu Han!? Why did he suddenly kiss you earlier? Next to that. What the is that mark on your neck!?” He said and harshly took the scarf from around my neck to reveal the hickey that Lu Han left there earlier.

His eyes widened in surprise and I quickly took my scarf back away from him to wrap it around my neck again.

“Yi Fan I can explain. You se—“ He cut me off and was glaring daggers at me. He clearly wasn’t going to hear me out now.

“What the hell is a hickey doing on your neck!? You two are dating aren’t you!? Is that why you haven’t been updating anyone yet!?” He started half screaming at me his eyes getting wider with every syllable that he spoke.

“Oppa Jebal Just hear me—“ I tried again.

“Hear you out!? Hear you out for what!? JI HYUN! LISTEN TO YOURSELF! YOU CAN’T UTTER OUT A SINGLE PROPER ANSWER FOR ME! FINE. TELL ME THE TRUTH. ARE LU HAN AND YOU DATING? NEXT TO THAT. IS IT REAL!?” He started freaking out in front of me and I knew that I was definitely screwed now.

“Yes. And it’s not real. The plan was that it shouldn’t be real. I just. I-“ He took me harshly by the shoulders and mademe face him.

“It’s real now isn’t it!? WHAT DERANGED ED UP IDEA DID YOU HAVE THAT WOULD MAKE YOU THINK HAVING A RELATIONSHIP HIM WOULD BE OKAY!?” He said and that was it. I started feeling the tears that I was holding back start rolling down my eyes. I looked up at him and shouted back my answer.

“BECAUSE I THOUGHT IF I GOT CLOSER TO HIM I WOULD MANAGE TO GET MORE INFORMATION! I HAD FEELINGS FOR HIM PRIOR TO THAT OKAY!? CAN YOU BLAME ME FOR LIKING THE WRONG PERSON!? CAN YOU BLAME ME FOR REALIZING THAT THEY ARE NOT ALL AS BAD AS I WAS TAUGHT TO BELIEVE!? CAN YOU!? IF YOU’RE GOING TO TELL ME TO BACK AWAY FROM HIM NOW BECAUSE OF ALL OF THIS THEN FINE! BRING ME HOME NOW THEN! TELL EVERYONE HOW I MANAGED TO SCREW UP. HOW I, KWON JI HYUN, WAS AN UTTER FAILURE. GO AHEAD OPPA. BECAUSE I DON’T CARE! JUST LEAVE LU HAN ALONE!” I screeched making him let me go in the middle of my rant. He sighed but shook his head in frustration.

“No. You are not going home just yet. Continue your plan. But things will go differently now. I will go home and tell them that you’ve just been busy. But you will not do things rashly now. You will send me updates. Every second if you have to. Just know Ji Hyun that you started this mess. You need to fix it.” He said and wore his shades again before leaving me there in the alley.

This mess is getting bigger and bigger by the day.

TO: LU HAN

Jagi? Where are you?

That must be the 6th text that I sent to him today. I let out a sigh and started rolling on my bed. Why wasn’t he answering?

Everything was already ed up as it is. And right now I needed to talk to him badly. I can literally feel that Kris is not going to let this issue pass just like that. He knew about everything and he was going to do something about it. I just know it.

He caught us yesterday. And he was right. I have forgotten completely about everything. Next to that, meeting everyone from the Park family yesterday did me good. The hit it gave to my conscience was really too much.

I was rolling on my bed repeatedly and reached out for my phone again.

I was just about to try calling him again when I heard a knock on my door. I got up to answer it and when I opened the door found myself face to face with Mark.

“What are you doing here?” I asked him since I don’t think we had class today. Plus there wasn’t anything scheduled for me today. He looked at me with worried eyes before speaking.

“I suggest you get dressed. You’re going to want to see this.” He said and I raised an eyebrow before going along with him.

_

We were walking on our way back to campus. I was still wondering why though. Mark usually didn’t want to meddle in my school issues but this was weird.

“Mark. What the hell do you want me to see?” I asked him and he only shook his head before guiding me down the corridor were our lockers were.

I stopped dead in my tracks refusing to move another step. If he wasn’t going to tell what was happening then I wasn’t going to go along with him.

“Ji Hyun-ah. Just follow me alright?” He begged and I crossed my arms glaring at him.

“Tell me where you are taking me.” I told him and he sighed before telling me what was going on.

“It’s your locker. Your bully d—“ He started but I already found myself sprinting towards my locker. My bully just wasn’t going to stop. The moment I came face to face with it, I just felt like crying ang killing someone all at the same time.

“What the happened?” I whispered. A lot of people from the dormitories gathered around the place.  But when they heard my voice. As inaudible as it may be. They all immediately turned their heads towards me even managing to make out a path for me to use.

My locker was right there. A good four meters away from me and it seemed like every step I t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter