Chapter 4: You will always be one of us

It's a Choice Between Love and Tradition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyun’s POV

It has been a few weeks since we accepted Kris Oppa into the family. I was thrilled to have him here as my brother especially since Ji Yong was always out of the house doing who knows what. I was on my way to Oppa’s room since we were going to work on our project for Gender and Society together. But when I knocked on his door I could hear him arguing with someone.

“You don’t get it do you? I am not going back there. And I am not willing to betray the trust that they gave me for you guys.”He said and I gasped a bit after hearing that. I knocked on his door and peeped in only to see him freeze by the site of me.

“M-Mei Mei.” He stuttered and I briefly glared at him before making myself comfortable on his bed setting my laptop and books on his bed as well.

He stared at me as I situated myself onto his bed. But as he did I couldn’t ignore the fact that someone on the other end was shouting a ton of profanities at him.

“Ya. Oppa. That person is cursing at you like her life depends on it.” I stated and he quickly turned out of his daze only to give me a forced smile.

“Mei Mei. I-I can explain.” He started but I shook my head at him giving him a reassuring smile. I heard enough to know that he was loyal to our family.

“Talk to whoever that is first Oppa then talk to me.” I told him and proceeded to open up the books that I already highlighted beforehand for our project. He nodded at me before going into his bathroom to end the call. He came back a minute later.

“Mei Mei. Let me explain I—“ He started but I cut him off.

“Oppa. You don’t have to say anything. I heard what you just said. I know how loyal you are to our family now. Thank you for that.” I said and he let out a sigh of relief before sitting beside me grabbing one of the books I brought.

“Thank God. I thought you were going to physically assault me again after hearing that.” He said and quickly grabbed a pen jotting down notes that we might need later on.

“Me? Assault you? Oppa! I can’t believe you see as a violent person.” I pouted at him but he only chuckled at my display of cuteness.

“Ya. What did you do to me the first time we met then?” He asked me and I punched him which made him wince a bit in pain.

“Ya! That hurt.” He pouted and I grinned back at him.

“Don’t make me kick your .” I merely said as we returned to the project.

A few hours passed and we were about to finish the project when the door to his room creaked open.

We both looked up to see Ji Yong Oppa peep his head in a small smile playing on his lips.

“Oh. Ji Hyun.  I was looking all over for you. You want to watch a movie with me?” He asked me and I looked back at Kris who just smiled in welcome to my brother.

“Nah. I have this project with Oppa to finish.” I said and turned back to my laptop to get more sources for our project. I stiffened when Ji Yong suddenly spoke again.

“You don’t hang out with me anymore.” He said and when I looked up at him there he was pouting like a child.

“Oppa. It’s not my fault you’re always too busy with training under Habeoji. You don’t even come to school anymore.” I simply said and his brows knitted together. Just as he was about to talk Kris Oppa spoke up.

“Hey Ji Hyun. You're too much of a nerd right now. We can pass this project next week. And we’re about to finish. Go on ahead with Hyung. He clearly misses you a lot.” He said smiling at me and I looked back at him and back to Ji Yong. Just as I was about to answer back Ji Yong marched into the room to sling me onto his shoulder.

“Thanks Yi Fan. I owe you one.” He said before dragging me out of the room.

“YA! Oppa!” I said and hit him on his back only making him walk even faster.

“Ya. Stop it. That hurts.” He said and put me down as we entered his room.

“And you young lady. You don’t hang out with me anymore.” He said as he pouted at me. I glared at him but nonetheless marched on over to the side of his bed.

“You’re always busy. Not my fault. You don’t even come with me to go shopping anymore.” I said pouting back at him. He looked at me and sighed walking over to me before hugging me.

“Ya. Mianhae princess. I just have a lot on my plate.” He said but I pushed him away to glare at him.

“Not only do you have a lot on your plate but you keep acting all cold and chilly towards me more often. You’re no fun to be with.” I said as I crossed my arms turning my back away from him. He chuckled before ruffling my hair.

“And Kris is a lot of fun to be with? Do you like him?” He asked me but somehow managed to look at me seriously although we were having a light conversation.

“Oppa. He’s just there when you’re not. He’s my big brother in so many ways.” And just as I stated that he glared at me.

“Okay. This is where I draw the line. I am your only big brother. Do I have to feel threatened? Do I have to send him away?” He asked me while not breaking eye contact.

“Of course not Oppa! You’re my only big brother! Saranghae!” I hugged him immediately when I saw how cute he was acting. He chuckled again before looking back at me.

“Okay fine. But I’m happy that he’s there when I’m not. You need someone to talk to at least. Let’s watch a movie now okay?” He said and I nodded.

“YA! I want to watch The Amazing Spiderman again!” I told him before he shook his head muttering the word “dork” at me.

_

I was a bit shipper today since Ji Yong finally spent time with me. I seriously missed my brother but I had to understand that he was doing a lot of important things lately. I was already on my way to class when I eavesdropped some murmurs in a corner.

“What the hell are you still doing here Lee? Didn’t you get the warning on your first day? We already told you that you have to go right?” I heard a man’s voice which only made me cringe. Were they talking to Yi Fan?

“I have class guys. Just let me pass.” He asked in a weak voice but it only confirmed that it was him these guys were talking to.

“Let you pass? Are you dreaming Lee? Get out of our school. Get out of our turf.” My eyes narrowed into slits knowing that someone was talking to Oppa that way. I continued to listen because I knew better. We were taught to never interfere if nothing physical was going on. Because words are only words. They can never hurt you.

But when I heard the sound of someone being pushed up against the lockers that is when I walked on over to interfere.

I saw two boys with no family crest on their blazer holding my Oppa high against the lockers. I saw him bloody by the lip while looking down. He wasn’t even fighting back!

“What do you guys think you’re doing?” I asked and crossed my arms at them. They looked at me but chuckled darkly instead of letting him go like I expected they would.

“Well if it isn’t the little Yang. What? You going to rush on over to your Habeoji to tell on us? You should be the one doing this in the first place! He’s vermin remember!?” On

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter