Chapter 27: He Came to Me

It's a Choice Between Love and Tradition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyun’s POV

“I don’t want to hear it Mark.” I complained as we were headed toward the secluded part of school for lunch. We needed the privacy since what we were talking about what very confidential.

“Ji Hyun. You met his parents. You were so close to getting figured out. Do you honestly believe that they won’t hell my grandfather about this? If they find out. If Nickhun Hyung finds out. You are dead. I swear to God!” He complained and I only groaned at how panicky he was about this.

“You think I don’t know that? He just suddenly decided to introduce me alright? I didn’t know that he was planning for me to meet his parents alright? And it’s okay. No one will know. His parents made damn well sure to assure me of that.” I hissed when we finally reached the spot. He sighed before sitting beside me and taking out the sandwich he was going to have for lunch.

“This is a very ed up plan. It was already ed up at first. And you managed to it up even more.” He told me as he only shook his head at the various possibilities of what might happen if we didn’t stop this soon.

“I know that. It doesn’t help that I actually like him in the first place.” I muttered and took out my lunch box to start eating as well. He looked at me with pitiful eyes and let out a huff of frustration.

“That too. You like him. I see it. That damn panda sees it as well. If this breaks out paparazzi are relatively easy to pacify. What about you? Emotions are something way deeper you know.” He pointed out. I stared at him knowing he was right.

What was I thinking? Going into this plan? The pain and depression that would consume me after would be more than I could possibly handle.

“I can handle it. I need to. I’m going to marry your cousin. At least I get to say that I had a boyfriend before marrying him.” I pointed out and his eyes widened in shock when he realized what I just said.

“You mean to tell me you never had a boyfriend before? Lu Han is going to be your first?” He said as he choked on the bits of bread that were lingering in his mouth. I nudged him hard and glared at his reaction.

“Yea. And? Why is it so hard to believe? Do you want to die for reacting the wrong way!?” I asked him in an icy tone and he only chuckled before shaking his head.

“Never mind. I believe you know. Sheesh. I am surprised Lu Han even likes you. How can he like such a violent like you?” He joked and I instantly kicked his shin. He winced a bit before glaring at me.

“I won’t take it back if that is what you’re expecting. You’re too mean for your own good. You’re lucky that you know Martial Arts. If not people would just get back at all you without second thought. Instead they find themselves cowering away for their lives because they know you’ll kill them one way or the other.” He said in a hurried way. I scoffed and rolled my eyes at his statement. Really? He was going to do it this way?

Just as I was about to say something else he cut me off.

“Tell me. What did you find out? I mean. What do you know now? I take it there must be some improvement with your oh so secret spy mission.” He mocked and I grinned from ear to ear knowing I actually had something of importance to report.

“Believe it or not. I do. And I am not sharing it with you.” I joked and he glared at me before I giggled and told him anyways.

“Well. Turns out Lu Han has been appointed as head of Woolim Industries.” I informed him and he furrowed his eyebrows before speaking.

“Wait. That is the same subsidiary group that Seungri-ssi called for henchmen right? Those two guys who beat you up?” He asked and I nodded in confirmation. What I was doing was wrong that’s true but I needed to accomplish my initial reason for coming here. And I was closer than ever with this discovery.

“Yes. Apparently this company also specializes in information gathering and dissemination. In other words. This is their special branch. It deals with all the information anyone may need about them or about rival companies.” I continued for him and he seemed a bit impressed with the new intel that I gave him.

“So if you manage to infiltrate the place. You will not only figure out who beat up Yi Fan-ssi and know what else they know about YG but you’ll also know a bit more intel about them as well?” He asked me and I nodded confidently. I knew that he was impressed but we were caught off guard by the voice that suddenly spoke.

“Don’t be so relaxed. That place is also heavily guarded.” Our head immediately turned to see who arrived and we sighed in relief when we found out that it was Tao.

“Ya Panda! Don’t sneak up on us that way. We thought you were one of your cousins.” I complained and he scoffed before sitting on the grass in front of us.

“You’re lucky I wasn’t though. You guys talk in such loud voices.” He teased only making Mark chuckle while I pouted. He had a point. We were talking in loud voices.

“Ya. Anyway. What do you mean heavily guarded?” I asked since this question was way more important that any banter we would be doing for the next few minutes.

Tao gawked at me before answering.

“Ji Hyun-ah. Think about it. That’s our family’s special information group. If you know what I mean by that. Of course the place is heavily guarded. Heck. Even I never got in the place.” He explained only making me gulp in realization. If ever I managed to get in it would only mean a very difficult and elaborate plan on how.

“Also. You are aware that Lu Han requested to be put there himself? He was not only appointed but he took a great interest in the place. Something about needing to get some information from the place. Since that company practically moves independently on its own.” He continued and my eyes went wide when he said this.

“Lu Han is interested in that branch of your family business? Since when?” I asked because this was very bothersome. This could mean that he was onto me since day one.

“It was around your first week of school. But he never mentioned it for a long time now. We were all shocked when Uncle Soo Man announced him as head one time at dinner.” He assured me but it did nothing to calm my nerves.

Mark seemed to have catch on to the same hypothesis I was having so he spoke up.

“If that company is one of your special task force. If we may call it that. Doesn’t this mean that he was onto Ji Hyun for some time now?” He asked and his expression went a bit darker than usual.

“Yes. It would seem that way. But Lu Ge likes her too much. I think it is already a forgotten topic. He is also not one to pry into another person’s life. I just think he wanted to know where Onew Hyung went when he took off that night. We were all curious. Him especially.” He tried easing the tension but I only shook my head at his explanation.

“Tao. What if he really did have suspicions about me since the day we met and all this courting is just a hoax?” I asked and my voice only went weaker and weaker thinking that he was probably just playing with my feelings.

Tao saw the hurt in my eyes so he only shook his head at the thought and smiled at me.

“Ji Hyun-ah. If he suspected anything. I would know. The whole family would know. Don’t try making the only truth left in this mission of yours into a lie. What he feels for you is real. If you don’t believe me then you should go see him when he’s alone in his room. I swear he keeps browsing through your pictures together and smiles like an idiot when he’s alone.” He told me and I looked at Mark who seemed to be troubled about something but instead smiled at me and shook his head.

“Ji Hyun-ah. I think Ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter