Epilogue

It's a Choice Between Love and Tradition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two weeks later

Lu Han’s POV

Here I was sitting alone in my new office twirling the pen that my grandfather gave me a few days ago. He told me that it would be useful for my future, a pen. Really?

What future was I supposed to look forward to? A future without her? A future without her sitting next to me laughing and smiling like we were the only two people in the world? I groaned and closed my eyes trying to compose myself before I tried to call her for the nth time today.

“You could have texted even once you know.” I whispered when I swiped my phone open only to be greeted by a picture of her and me laughing together. I was swiping my way through my contacts list locating her number when a text message greeted me.

I opened it and decided to look at the message first before I made a fool of myself to call her.

FROM: Baek Hyun

Hyung. You know how sorry I am right? I should have been watching out for Tao but I didn’t and I’m sorry.

I sighed and closed the message before throwing the phone on my desk. That minor slip-up vouched the failure of our whole plan. It made me lose her. They made her choose and she clearly did not choose me.

But I haven’t lost faith in her. I know that she wouldn’t choose them without a just enough reason. She just wouldn’t.

“Hyung. Where is she!?” I screamed and Onew Hyung only shook his head at me before answering. His eyes just showed the distress that meant we failed miserably.

“Lu. Let’s go home. It’s over.” He told me and patted me on the shoulder and I shook my head in defiance. What the hell was he talking about? She could have just walked out of the hall. No one would have stopped her because no one would want to cause a scene.

I shrugged past Onew Hyung and marched my way up the steps. If they were stopping her, I was going to take her with me. We both knew what we wanted and we both knew that we were going to fight against all odds for each other. She wasn’t going to give up on us this easily.

As I made my way through Xiumin was already in the way blocking the door.

“Lu. You don’t want to see this. Let’s just go.” He said holding his hands up trying to ease the situation but I was already starting to feel all the more nervous about how this was all ending up in. I pushed past him and forced my way to the hall where their party was but I stood frozen seeing her up on the stage with her grandfather. The news being the first sound to reach my ears as I entered.

“Let me introduce, my granddaughter, Kwon Ji Hyun and her fiancé Mark Tuan Yi- En. May this marriage bring a fruitful partnership between our families.” Her grandfather said and raised his cup for a toast while I stood here frozen, not knowing what to say or do.

I was about to march forward when we suddenly had eye contact and in just that moment I felt it. I felt how she had given up, I felt how she wasn’t going to fight anymore. I felt like nothing.

Xiumin and Onew Hyung arrived shortly after to help me up and bring me home.

I stared at my phone screen again thinking whether or not I ought to call her. I knew that today would be a bad time but I was willing to risk everything. She probably wouldn’t answer anyway. I dialed her number and waited while her phone rang knowing that it would just go back to her voicemail.

But surprisingly this time was different. I rendered speechless when I heard the click at the other line signally that she accepted the call. But neverthe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter