Chapter 28: Feelings

It's a Choice Between Love and Tradition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lu Han’s POV

I was texting and calling her number but it kept redirecting me to her voicemail. I sighed and looked at the tens of hundreds of posters that only seemed to increase within the day rather than get diminished.

I already contacted the maintenance staff here at school and had them to remove the posters from the classroom but no matter how many posters were taken down they only seem to be added up by twice the number all over campus.

I ran my hand through my hair in frustration. How could something like this be possible? What’s worse is that how it went on without being unnoticed! I was already tearing my own share of posters when I saw Mark coming up to me.

“Lu Han-ssi! Have you seen Ji Hyun? She took off before I could even get back to her. The posters are only adding up by the minute!” He said when he approached me and by the time he was already standing in front of me.

I let out a huff since I didn’t really like him that much. I knew that he was her cousin but that time when I caught them by the foot of her dormitory laughing together still irked my memory.

“I haven’t seen her. I’ve been trying to contact her but her phone is off. And don’t worry about the posters. I have the school staff handling it already.” I replied curtly before trying to dial her number again. Only to be greeted by her recording.

I looked at him and noticed that he was dialling her number as well. But what bothered me was the fact that  heard it ringing.

“How come her number is ringing when you try calling it?” I questioned and he seemed to be taken aback by my question.

He quickly put his phone away before looking at me trying to think of some excuse.

“I.. Well. Uh. Because you know. She has two phones and... Uh...”  I cut him off mid stutter and glared at him. This was a shock for me. She had two phone numbers? And the one that she gave me was currently off. I was kinda hurt now that I realized that she probably didn’t trust me that much.

“Forget it. Just contact me when she decides to tell us where she is.”  I grunted and started walking away. It just bugged me knowing that she probably didn’t trust me that much. Especially since I felt this way about her.

I was walking my way back to class trying to figure out where she could possibly be. As I turned the corner I overheard Tao and apparently he was arguing with someone over the phone.

I was curious as to who was arguing with so I decided to listen in on the conversation. I placed my ear a little but closer to the edge of the wall to hear him better.

“... No. Yes. I am aware of the fact that she has a limited time left here. We are doing everything we can to help her. And quite frankly she is very close to achieving her goal. So just be patient.... No. No. Yes. You will have her by the end of this term. Don’t worry. I’ll talk to you soon Gege.” He said and ended the call.

I felt infuriated when the conversation registered to me. There was only one person that Tao would call Gege. One Gege that he needed to talk to in private. And only one Gege he would willingly spy for within the family.

The nerve of him to betray our family and feed information to Kris after he left us. And now that I know what he was spying for the Yangs I made damn well sure to be more cautious when it came to information around him.

Especially now that I was in charge of Woolim Industries. It is absolutely crucial that I not share any kind of information with him from here on out.

Another problem is the fact that he is protecting someone. And it is a girl in particular. By the sound of it she is already lurking around our campus. I just need to figure out who.

I my heel and stormed away before he could see me by the door and listening to his conversation. I was already walking along another corridor when my phone vibrated. I took it out and scrunched my eyebrows together when I saw that it came from an unknown number.

I opened it and immediately gritted my teeth in annoyance.

It was a picture of Ji Hyun in a cafe somewhere downtown. And she wasn’t alone. It was a clear enough shot that saw the redness and puffiness of her eyes from the crying she must have done after seeing everything her at school. But the weird thing was that she was smiling.

She was smiling at the guy that was with her. The guy that took my place by her side. I should be the one comforting her but in my place was another guy. What was more annoying though that it wasn’t just another guy.

It was my cousin. What the hell were Baekhyun and Ji Hyun doing together!? Did she call him and not me? Did she trust him more and not me? Is this why she was constantly sad about the fact that he didn’t pay attention to her?

I was about to ask the number why they had a picture of them together but he or she cut me to the chase my replying to me.

FROM: UNKNOWN NUMBER

Don’t they look cute together? Too bad you weren’t her knight in shining armour this time. Just leave her already.

My eyes widened at the message. This person wanted me to end everything with her? To stop pursuing her? I didn’t think twice when I started swiping my phone to call the number, only to find myself greeted by a the operator’s notification of the number being out of coverage area.

I shook my head in disbelief and did my next move. Calling Baek Hyun.

I was surprised when he answered at the second ring.

“Yeoboseyo?” He greeted and I could hear the familiar sound of Ji Hyun giggling in the background. It only annoyed me more.

“Baek Hyun. Where the hell are you?” I said through gritted teeth and made sure that every syllable screamed how pissed I was.

I heard some shuffling in the background and when he spoke again. I couldn’t hear Ji Hyun giggling anymore. He probably excused himself and walked away from her.

“What do you want Hyung?” He said annoyed.

“I want to know where the you are.” I replied in the coldest tone I could manage. We were both equally pissed at each other given the situation at hand.

“And why should I tell you?” He question and I scoffed at how disrespectful his tone was.

“Because I want to know where the you are.” I said losing patience each second that I knew he was with her and not with me.

“Are you getting impatient now? Possibly jealous? I won’t tell you where we are Hyung. Ji Hyun doesn’t want to see you at the moment. Bye.” He said and cut the phone call off. I tried redialling the number but was redirected to his voice mail. I cursed and went to the carpark.

If he wasn’t going to tell me. Then I will sure as hell find out where they are. Baek Hyun doesn’t know who the hell he is messing with.

As I was revving the engine I took out my phone and dialled Mr. Lee’s number.

“Yeoboseyo? Mr. Lee. Yes. This is Lu Han. I want you to send out as many people right now to downtown Seoul and find out where the hell Baek Hyun is.” I instructed though gritted teeth.

He replied that he would get on it right away. And just as I was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter