Chapter 15: Getting to Know You

It's a Choice Between Love and Tradition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyun’s POV

“Why did you pick me up in the first place? I thought I was going with Kyungsoo.” I asked him when he finally managed to convince me to come out of my room.

“I told you. Personal issues. There’s nothing you can do about it now. He sends his apologies.” He said without emotion only making me roll my eyes at him.

“And he’s going to be at the party? Along with the other guys?” I said trying to emphasis the annoyance in my voice.

“Yep. Just don’t freak on him okay? He doesn’t deserve that.” He said putting a tinge of authority in his voice. I glared at him when he did.

“I get to do whatever the hell I want. And what makes you say I’ll freak out on him?” I said as I stopped in my tracks.

“I just think you’ll do. You’re impulsive and you don’t think things over.” He said making me sneer at him.

“So you see me as a don’t you?” I said and he turned around to face me with a dark expression.

“Isn’t it obvious?” He said with a whole lot of sarcasm in his voice, it actually managed to hit me somewhere inside. I looked down and walked passed him.

“I wish I accepted Mark’s offer earlier.” I whispered and was shocked when he heard what I said.

“Who’s Mark?” He asked and I only shrugged before answering.

“One of JYP Enterprises’ blood relatives. Why do you ask?” I said removing all possible signs of emotion from my voice.

“Nothing. Are you related to him?” He asked me and it sounded off.

“You can say that.” I replied nonchalantly.

“Family related?” He asked again but I only glared at him since he was clearly prying his way into my personal life.

“If I said we were. What would you do about it?” I spat since I didn’t want to talk about how I was related to him in the first place because it only brought about bad thoughts. Unjust and unfair thoughts.

He looked away and continued walking towards the booth that would take our tickets before he answered me.

“Nothing. I was just curious.” He whispered and I simply rolled my eyes at him when he had our tickets punched and received the glow bracelets along with the red solo cups that would give us our free drinks.

He handed me mine and escorted me inside. I was shocked the moment we entered because the activity hall was redecorated to look like a house party. There was booming music and various games that you would expect to have in a house party.

There was truth or dare in one corner, a closet for 7 minutes in heaven, a dance revolution mat to one side, a table for beer pong on another and some were going around with body shots and alcohol spritzers. I stood there in shock at this so called school organized party.

I was still in a daze at the culture shock that was in front of me when Lu Han suddenly decided to drag me to the 2 floor of the hall where people had a good view of what was occurring on the first floor. Before I could even protest I already saw the other guys gathered around one table and somehow they looked depressed.

The moment we arrived Lu Han let go of me and sat beside Tao and Xiumin Oppa. He took a shot and downed it in one go. I stared at him dumbstruck before Tao took notice of my rigid figure.

“Ji Hyun-ah. You look shocked. What? Haven’t been to a party like this?” He said without the need to shout since the music wasn’t so loud up here. I only nodded slowly before he dragged me down to sit beside him.

“So. What do you want to do first? Wanna go for 7 minutes in heaven?” He said and wiggled his eyebrows at me. I stared at him wide eyed before the others spoke up.

“Tao! Are you forgetting something that happened earlier?” Su Ho Oppa said and glared at the panda beside me who only smiled at his Hyung.

“Relax. As long as I don’t do anything funny. Right? And Ji Hyun-ah and I are friends. Extremely good friends.” He said and I couldn’t help but feel suspicion at what he just said.

“You guys are acting weird. Is something wrong?” I asked since I was kinda afraid that they might already know something about me. They all looked at each other before shaking their heads and smiling.

“It’s nothing Ji Hyun-ah. You look hot by the way.” Chanyeol said and it only made me blush at his comment. I instinctively covered my upper body with my arms and smiled weakly at him.

“I thought you had nothing to wear though? Where did you get that stellar outfit?” Chen asked as he was drinking some yellow cocktail.

“My brother sent it over through Mark.” I said and picked out on some of the sweets that they had on their table.

“I see. Well Lu Han better keep a close eye on you. With that outfit of yours you might get into heaps of trouble if you end up in the wrong place and at the wrong time.” Su Ho said and it only made me raise an eyebrow.

“And why is that? Lu Han? Watch over me? Last time I checked if he were given the chance to throw off of a cliff he’d take it in a heartbeat.” I said and stood up since it felt uncomfortable being with them.

“We don’t have a choice here Ji Hyun.” Xiumin Oppa said and I turned around to scoff.

“What are you guys talking about? What choice? Handing me over to Lu Han? Ditching me when I expected you guys to pick me up? Really. I don’t know what’s going on with you guys but if you ask me you’re all acting off. I’ll go somewhere else. Find me when you guys sort things out.” I lashed out at them and stormed off.

I knew it was a bit uncalled for but I had a lot on my plate and their weird attitude only added to my agitation. I was walking around the first floor finding something of amusement when I accidentally bumped into someone.

“Omo. Mianhae.” I said and picked up his cup that fell. I was shocked when I came face to face with Mark.

“Hey. When did you arrive?” I said and he only smiled before guiding me towards the make shift bar where all the drinks were being handed out.

“A few minutes ago. I was actually looking for you. I have to do my job right.” He said and I only shook my head in disbelief.

“Well you’re doing a spectacular job at it. Keeping me under watch like a hawk.” I said and he only chuckled before ordering another drink.

“I see you’re not with your date. If I do remember correctly you were supposed to be with one of the Lees right?” He said and took a sip of the red drink that he ordered.

“Well. Things blew over. They are acting weird and I don’t like weird. What are you drinking by the way?” I asked and look at the red drink that smelled off to me.

“They call it ‘The Hangover’ supposedly it’s the strongest drink they are offering right now but it seems like a bluff to me.” He said and I only shook my head when he offered me a sip.

“I see that you’re not a drinker. I better tell Nickhun Hyung about that when he calls me tomorrow.” He murmured and I only glared at him making him chuckle.

“Yea. Make me look like a saint so that he will feel the utmost need to marry me. Make me sound like a total beauty queen so that when he finally gets to see me he will totally know what to ing expect.” I said with sarcasm and groaned on the bar table.

“You sound like you don’t want to get married.” He said and I looked up to send him daggers with my eyes.

“Y’think?” I said and looked over the menu that was hanging in front of me.

“That’s why I’m asking right? And do you think Hyung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter