Chapter 16: Misjudged

It's a Choice Between Love and Tradition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyun’s POV

Oh god. This must be the worst headache that I could ever possibly have. My head was pounding like hell and any sort of movement that I could possibly do right now would just induce more pain.

I groaned and rolled over to avoid the light that was shining through my window. I just wanted to get rid of this damn headache.

“So. I take it you have a hangover?” A nasally voice said and I only groaned as I recognized it immediately.

“Go away Tao. I don’t want to talk to you right now.” I croaked and was surprised at how dry my throat was. I heard him chuckle and I knew this was not going to be the end of my suffering.

“Get up.” He said and I only buried myself further into my sheets.

“Andwae. Just ing go away you stupid ing panda.” I replied and tried going back to sleep.

“So this is how you repay one of the guys that dragged you back home? And I came here so early in the morning just to give you your hangover needs. Tsk. Well. If that’s the case no more babying.” He said and turned the light on in my room. I groaned and pulled the cover over my head.

“Tao-ah! Just go away! Please.” I groaned and I could already feel some weight on my bed meaning he was sitting beside me.

“Come on. Get up.” He said and pulled away my covers. I groaned and opened my eyes for the first time today only to immediately regret it with the light that was radiating all over my room.

“Uggh.” I said and sat up carefully to avoid any excessive blood flow that would only make my head ache even more.

“Here.” Tao said and offered me a glass of water. I looked at it weirdly before accepting it from him.

“What is this for?” I asked before taking a sip and it somehow helped my headache subside a little.

“That is to rehydrate you. Alcohol maybe in liquid form but it dehydrates the body wicked fast. You done?” He asked me and I only nodded.

“Come on. There’s food in your kitchen. I brought it over from home.” He said and pulled me out of bed. I momentarily glared at him and he just chuckled.

When we got to my kitchen I was shocked to see some pancakes and bacon already laid out in front of me. I looked at Tao then back at the food.

“Okay spill. Who set this up?” I asked and he just shrugged.

“Kyungsoo Hyung and the others sent the food. I am just a delivery boy. The medicine and popsicles that are in your fridge are from Mark He dropped them off this morning. And I guess that’s pretty much it.” He said and sat down to fix me some breakfast.

I took my seat beside him and already felt a lurching feeling in my stomach and I looked at Tao before rushing over to the sink to relieve myself.

“And I was wondering why you weren’t puking your guts out yet.” He mumbled as he chewed on some fruits that were on the table. When I was done I walked back to him after rinsing my mouth and pouted.

“Why do I feel so sick?” I asked and tried nibbling on some of the pancakes and smiled since the sweetness made me feel better.

“Because you have a hangover and alcohol is usually rejected by the body so you are supposed to eliminate it from your body. Hence the puking.” He said and continued to eat. I groaned and tried eating as well.

“And the raging headache?” I asked.

“Dehydration. Here. “ He said and gave me some tablets. I stared at them before popping them into my mouth.

“Okay then. Can’t I just stay home for the rest of the day? I just feel totally under the weather.” I begged since seeing Tao this early in the morning only meant something was up and I didn’t like the looks of it.

“Aniyo. You can’t.” He said and quickly marched on over to my fridge to bring out a can of Coke. He poured it out into a glass before handing it to me.

“Uhm. That’s not good in the morning.” I said and he just shook his head and laughed.

“Trust me. You will feel much better after a sip.” He said and I shrugged taking the soda anyways. I smiled when the sweetness spread itself all over my tongue immediately making me feel better.

“Okay. Why are you here so early in the morning?” I asked since I was pretty much fed up with pretending not to care about him being here.

“I was waiting for you to ask that. You my dear girl have been invited to the Lee Residence. You need to come over for Lunch. It’s already 9 in the morning. So I am giving you an hour to get ready. We’ll head on over to buy some dessert and arrive at the house at around 11. Sounds good? Good. Now get ready.” He said and immediately started pushing me towards my room.

“Ya YA YAA! Hold on for a minute!? Why am I going to your house you dimwit!? If this is some game to you it is not funny.” I said and stopped moving any further only making him groan in frustration.

“I don’t know honestly. But just think about it. At least you get to infiltrate our home now.” He said and smiled knowingly at me.

“Who invited me over?” I asked because everything was starting to seem suspicious. What if they finally figured out my lineage?

“Uncle Soo Man himself. He is under the impression that you are one of Park Jin Young’s grandchildren hence potential wife material.” He muttered and my eyes went wide after realizing this.

“And to whom am I related?” I asked.

“He thinks you’re related to Jo Kwon-ssi. I suggest you play along. Anyways. I am pretty sure JYJ Enterprises is willing enough to pretend that you are their blood relative given the circumstances that you are in with them.” He said and I only froze.

“How did you know about my arrangement?” I asked and he only shrugged.

“Let’s just say you are lucky as hell that we brought you home before you could open that big mouth of yours.” He said and I only groaned before marching into my room to get ready.

Lu Han’s POV

“Abeoji. I don’t get why you had to invite her over. We already confirmed her relation to JYJ. Why should you even have her over?” I asked as I stood beside my grandfather while he supervised the preparations for lunch.

“I just want to set a good impression for you Lu Han. She needs to like our family before I talk to Jin Young about having her marry you. I don’t want to be too rash about it.” He replied before nodding at our head chef when he asked if he should prepare a salad.

“You are arranging us to marry each other. It’s not like we have a choice.” I muttered and he only groaned before answering.

“In case you forgot. Jin Young already had one of his grandsons arranged to marry one of the Yangs. If I want you to ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter