Chapter 5: We're cutting all ties

It's a Choice Between Love and Tradition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyun’s POV

I was repeatedly calling Yi Fan’s number but no one was answering. I was already deeply concerned about him.

I face palmed myself for letting my emotions get to me forgetting that I had to wait for him at school. I sighed in defeat and tossed my phone to the end of the bed before lying down.

“Where are you Yi Fan?” I muttered and turned to my side to go through some lessons that haven’t been discussed yet. But even as I tried my best to ignore the gut feeling I had I just couldn’t call me paranoid but I was really worried about Oppa.

I groaned when I kept rereading one line in my book and decided to just drop the reading for tonight and wait for him. I wasn’t going to accomplish anything at this rate if I would just let myself be distracted.

I got up from bed and put on my fluffy slippers before walking out of my room. I was going to check if he was in his room but I immediately regretted going out when I saw Ji Yong Oppa. I glared at him before making my way to Yi Fan’s room.

“Ji Hyun-ah.” He said but I ignored him.

“YA. Don’t be rude to your Oppa.” He said but I just continued walking making my way to the hallway that would lead me to the Oppa I actually wanted to see.

“Ji Hyun-ah. Would you just listen?” He said following me. I ignored him and smiled to myself when I was at Yi Fan’s door.

Just when I was about to knock on the door Ji Yong spoke again.

“He’s not yet home.” He said and my hand stopped mid air before I let it fall. I looked at him with raised eyebrows before proceeding to walk passed him.

Yes I was giving my brother the silent treatment. He deserved it.

When I was about to turn the corner he suddenly decided to use his cold tone.

“Ji Hyun-ah.” He said and I froze. Of course, one also had to fear my brother right?

“There. Now. Can we please talk?” He said in a kinder tone but I turned back to him only to be shocked t feel tears streaming down my eyes.

“Aniyo. I don’t want to talk to you. You don’t know how hard it is. All this time I thought you were on my side. I thought you understood what I was going through. How bad I felt not being noticed. But no. Apparently you never understood. You were so mean to me earlier. The only symbol I had left was that damn blazer. And you had to take it away from me. I hate you Oppa.” I said and turned back around only to be shocked by the sight of Kris Oppa.

“O-Oppa? What happened to you?” I managed to say with eyes wide as saucers.

He was barely even able to walk on his own two feet. He had bruises all over his arms and his upper lip was split while blood would still continuously flow down his arm. I looked closer only to find that the source was a cut that was about three inches long.

He looked at me and smiled although it was gory to look at with the blood in his mouth.

“I’m fine Ji Hyun-ah. I just got messed up pretty bad on the way here. Took the wrong road home.” He whispered and I was approaching him to help him when he suddenly collapsed on the ground.

“YI FAN! OPPA! CALL FOR HELP. HE NEEDS TO BE BROUGHT TO THE HOSPITAL!” I screamed and Ji Yong quickly went into Yi Fan’s room to page some butlers through the intercom for help.

“What happened to you Yi Fan?” I asked cradling his head on my lap.

“Nothing. It’s okay. Really. I can just rest in my room.” He whispered but I could see his eyes fighting back heaviness.

“Oh don’t you dare lose consciousness with me. Keep it together okay!?” I told him sternly but he just gave me a week span.

“Arasso. I’ll try. But I’m just really tired Ji Hyun-ah.” He said and I looked back at him with pity in my eyes.

“Oppa it’s going to be okay.” I whispered when I felt someone’s hand on my shoulder.

“Let’s go Ji Hyun. They’re already here to help us.” Ji Yong Oppa said pointing towards the direction of the butlers that were going to carry him.

“Arasso.” I said and moved away so that they could take him away.

_

We left Yi Fan in the hospital for the night since he was beaten up pretty bad. Whoever decided to do this to him made a hell of a good job beating him up since he was going to be confined for a whole week.

We were already back at the mansion when Habeoji called for a sudden family meeting. I was seated beside Ji Yong in the family hall when we all stood up as Habeoji entered. He motioned with his hand for all of us to sit then smiled before starting.

“I am sure everyone is aware about what happened to Yi Fan?” He asked before proceeding and we all nodded in reply.

“Good. Well. Let me just make thing clear. No one and I mean no one has the right to harm anyone that is a part of this family.” He said but we heard someone scoff loudly and were shocked to see Seungri Oppa rolling his eyes.

“Seungri? Do you have a problem with what I just said?” He asked and we all stared at him waiting for his response.

“Habeoji. With all due respect. Why do you care about him? He’s a Lee for crying out loud!” He replied and I briefly glared at him for what he just said.

I was about to retort something back Ha Yi spoke.

“Oppa. He saved me from his Noona.” She replied softly but he only scoffed again.

“So? How sure are we that he isn’t just pretending to be nice to us to get inside information about our family?” He said and I glared at him for even thinking such bad things about Yi Fan.

“Well for starters if he was really after our family secrets. He would’ve already told someone about Ji Hyun. Don’t you think?” Ji Yong Oppa said while glaring at him. I saw him cringe a bit but regardless kept his cool facade.

“And? What assurance can you give us all that he hasn’t said anything yet? Someone already assaulted Ji Hyun earlier.” He pointed out and we heard murmurs going around the table in agreement.

“He was beaten up as well during that time.” I said and glared at him.

“Ya. He was beaten up. The perfect alibi.” He rebutted and I was at a loss for words. Just when I was about to speak again Seunghyun Oppa suddenly glared at Seungri.

“And how did you know that someone was physically assaulted earlier? As far as I’m aware, being the principal, that was a low profile case. I made sure it was. What did you do?” He asked with a death tone and we all looked back at him.

“I.. Uhh. Gossip goes around.” He muttered but it only made me all the more suspiscious.

“Rumours? There were no rumours. What did you do Oppa?” I asked which made everyone look at him. He looked down and kept quiet suddenly.

“Did you hire those two imbeciles earlier?” Ji Yong Oppa asked and we all were shocked when he nodded his head in reply.

“Why Oppa?” Ha Yi asked and we could see tears in her eyes out of the disappointment she felt towards her brother.

“Because for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter