Chapter 34: Complications Stirring

It's a Choice Between Love and Tradition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyun’s POV

“So they know?” Mark asked me when he came over my place for lunch. I nodded and fiddled with my phone wondering where the hell Tao was at the moment. I invited him over to discuss our next plan of action. Because, as Onew stated yesterday, it’s starting to fall apart.

“Hold on. So. I am definitely starting to lose count. Who is now aware of our plan and your feelings? Like the whole entire plan?” Mark asked me and I let out a sigh before thinking about it.

“There’s you, There’s me, Then there’s Tao, Kris, Onew-ssi, and Baek Hyun.” I said and he nodded before placing another piece of chicken in his mouth. He was chewing it before he decided to speak again.

“Five people know now. Don’t you think it’s time you came clean? To everyone? Especially to Lu Han?” He asked me and I bit my lower lip in thought.

I tried telling him yesterday at the office but found myself saying other things instead. God. I am hopeless.

I looked at him as he locked the door to give us some privacy. When he turned back to face me. I took a deep breath and braced myself to tell him about everything. I knew that I had deep feelings for him already. And I was willing to save whatever would be left of our relationship.

“Lu Han. I—“ I was just about to start when he suddenly took me by surprise by crashing his lips against mine. The force that he was placing on my mouth was in no way sweet or gentle.

It was bruising kiss that only radiated how much worry and anxiety that I put him through the past few hours. I found myself responding to the kiss soon after. My eyes drooped shut as I moved in sync with his lip movements. I let my movements get all the more alert and frustrated with the feelings that were building up in the pit of my stomach.

All the stress, the worry, the gnawing feeling of what was to come to us was all I fed into the actions we were doing.His hands then found themselves on my waist. While mine immediately made their way to tangle itself with the tendrils of his hair. Things were already heating up with the dancing of our lips over one another.

We were slowly taking steps back towards the table in his office. Not even daring to part our lips from one another. When my lower back came in contact with his table he immediately hoisted me up onto the desk which only earned a surprised “oh!” from me.

He took this as his opportunity to slide his tongue into my mouth. I didn’t fight against his dominance. I just wanted to submit myself to him. I didn’t want to fight back. I wanted him to take me now. That was all I wanted and all I needed at the moment. When his tongue retreated back I took this as my opportunity to speak and for us to catch our breaths.

Leaning my head against his. I stared up into his eyes and saw a glint. That glint in his eye that showcased something much more than lust, something much more than just worry. Something that’s a little bit close to that. It was something like…

“I love you Ji Hyun-ah. Don’t ever leave me. Okay?” That.

At that moment my heart just stopped. At least I think it did. The man in front of me loved me. The man I have been lying to. The man who has the bloodline of the people that my family hates.He was smiling at me with so much affection and comfort in his eyes. He held me and cared for me like no other boy I’ve ever met.

I knew that our relationship would ruin a lot of things. It would bring a lot of fights. The strange thing was I didn’t care anymore. Looking at the man in front of me and all the love he had for me evident in his eyes. It assured me that he was worth all of it.

That was when I took a deep breath and let it out before kissing him tenderly on the lips and soon uttered the reply that I knew he was just dying to hear.

“I love you too Lu Han.” I said and he kissed me tenderly on the head before hugging me tight.

“So. What was it that you wanted to talk to me about?” He asked me and my breath got caught in my throat before I could answer.

“Uhh. It’s nothing.” I said and hugged him back.

There was one thing that would happen if the truth came out as well.

I’d lose him. And I think I’d die if that happened.

“I think we need to speed up the process. Especially since Soo Man-ssi is now aware that I am his girlfriend.” I told Mark as he continued eating the chicken that I served earlier.

But being the bearer of good news that I naturally am, he started choking a bit on his food when he heard what I just said. Getting alarmed with the situation at hand I immediately got a glass of water for him so as to ease his choking.

When he finally got over the choking he looked at me with alarmed eyes before standing up from his seat to start pacing here and there. He was rambling a lot of things about how we were going to get out of this all the way to what we were supposed to do with the mess that we got ourselves into.

When Mark faced me he just managed to throw out another question at me.

“What does Soo Man-ssi want you to do?” The question really took me off guard. Out of all the possible questions. He decided to ask that? My mouth was only hanging open when out of the blue Tao came marching in with a gigantic box that had the words Versace written in cursive letters on the side of the box and some other paper bags that had brands that Mark and I were only too familiar with.

We were both staring at him as he huffed a bit before he laid the rest of the things he brought in on my kitchen floor. As he did he looked back at us with a bit of irritation.

“Yea guys. Keep staring. Thanks for the help by the way.” He said before rolling his eyes and taking a seat next to me. He reached out to chug down a glass of water soon after his breathing was already slowing down to a regular pace.

“And to answer your question Mark, really your voice is too loud, Samchoon wants Ji Hyun and Lu Han to announce that they are dating each other in the upcoming Gala. Which would now answer whatever it is you plan to ask about the stuff I just brought in.” He said and looked at us before taking it as his queu to speak again.

“Oh yea. Lu Han confronted me earlier. Before I came over with all of that. He told me to back away and if I wanted to spy for the Yangs and Kris Ge then I better pack my bags and move out of the mansion soon. Apparently he heard me conversing with Gege on the phone one time at school.” He said nonchalantly like it was no everyday thing.

But the news that he just told us only made more problems arise for us. We were in deep as it is but with the news that Tao just gave us only made more rocks fall into our pit of disaster.

“Ji Hyun. You’re engaged.” Mark muttered and I nodded a bit slowly taking in other factors that would only make the situation worse. I stared at him then at Tao before hanging my head towards my hands feeling as frustrated as ever.

“I know Mark. And I don’t think Nickhun-ssi wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter