Chapter 13: Unfair

It's a Choice Between Love and Tradition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyun’s POV

I was busy poking on my food while the other guys were continuously pestering me about the dance tomorrow. I will surely kill then if they continue with pestering me about it. I was about to take a bite of my food when Baek Hyun sat beside me pushing Kyungsoo aside.

“Ji Hyun-ah. Are you sure about going to the dance with Kyungsoo? You could always change your mind. It isn’t until tomorrow you know.” He said and s his arm around my waist and I immediately swatted him away giving him a glare.

Everyone else chuckled at what I did but I gave them all sinister glares.

“YA! Can’t you all just accept that I already said yes to Kyungsoo?” I said and pouted at them. They shook their heads and pouted back at me.

“No. What Kyungsoo did was unfair. Asking you out when we were all asleep. Do you know how frustrating that is?” Chanyeol Oppa said but I just sighed and looked at Kyungsoo who was smiling to himself like he planned the perfect evil plan.

“Well I already gave him my word and I intend to keep it.” I said bluntly making them groan and roll their eyes at me.

They were all so frustrated with whatever I decided and were about to say something about it again when Kyungsoo decided to in.

“So Ji Hyun-ah. Do you have anything to wear yet?” He asked me and I was taken aback. Come to think of it I never really thought about what I was supposed to wear because I was busy doing other things.

“Oppa. Will you quit calling me right now. Please! I am already inside the office for pete’s sake!” I half whispered half screamed into the phone while Ji Yong was calling me.

“Ya! You can’t blame me. You suddenly decide to text me at 12 in the evening just to tell me that you’re going to go through school files. How am I not supposed to scream at you!?” He replied but I just rolled my eyes in response.

I was already walking around the campus in the middle of the night to get some information about some of the Lee Descendants that were still currently studying. I needed to know who they were and what we were up against. I sighed when I tried twisting the admissions office door and it was locked.

“Ji Hyun-ah! Why aren’t you answering me!? Are you even listening to anything that I am saying right now!? Ji Hyun-ah! Ji Hyun-ah!” Ji Yong Oppa was screaming at the other end of the line which made me pull the phone back until he stopped shouting.

“Oppa. Wait a minute okay? I just have to find a way into the admissions office. It’s locked.” I said and ended the phone call not even waiting for him to answer back. I placed the phone in my pocket and quickly flashed some light through the side window that the office had.

I saw another entrance through that was at the side of the office. I was about to try looking for the room that would lead me there when I heard voices coming from across the hall making me freeze.

“Hyung. I didn’t want to be dragged all the way here in the first place!” I heard someone screaming and I went behind one of the pillars along the corridor to conceal myself.

“Shut it Tae Min-ah! It’s your fault we’re here anyways. Why’d you have to forget about your books here anyways!?” I heard someone say. I was holding my hand against my mouth trying to stop any sound coming from me when I heard my phone suddenly ring. CRAP.

I was already fumbling trying to end the call. I knew that they heard it and I was dead as dead can be. They were already searching for the source of the sound when I finally ended it.

“Hyung! Did you hear that?” I heard one of them say. I was already having a mental breakdown cursing mentally at Ji Yong for calling me right now.

“Is anybody there?” One of them called out. I saw the light from their flashlights already shining by my feet. I was already praying to whatever god that would help me to save me from getting caught and apparently they heard me.

“Hyung! My books! Here they are!” One of them said. I was already silently praying that they would leave and they did. I heard their footsteps fading away and when I peeped from the pillar they were gone.

I sighed in relief and decided that this was enough excitement for one night. I brought out my phone and typed in an angry reply to Oppa then walked back to my room.

“YA! Ji Hyun-ah!” I blinked my eyes and looked back at Kyungsoo who was fazed me out of my thoughts. I smiled at him in confusion.

“Neh? What is it?” I asked and they all groaned before looking back at me.

“We were asking if you had anything to wear for the dance tomorrow.” Kyungsoo said and smiled at me. I smiled back and shook my head in reply.

“Ani. I don’t have anything yet. Actually I forgot to ask you guys. What exactly am I supposed to wear?” I asked and they snickered before answering.

“So Kyungsoo never told you what the theme was? See this is just more proof that you should go out with one of us and not him.” Chen said and I shook my head at him.

“Nah. A promise is a promise.  So. What is the theme?” I asked and popped piece of meat into my mouth.

“Okay before we say anything else. Do you drink?” Su Ho asked and my eyes went wide at the thought.

“Excuse me!? I thought this was a school dance. Emphasis on school. So why are you all asking me about alcohol?” I whispered and they only chuckled at me. Hey I may be strong willed but I know where to draw the ing line.

“It is a school dance organized by students. What do you expect?” A very monotonous voice said. I turned my head only to see someone at the very end of our table talking only making me glare when I saw the familiar brown locks.

“Well didn’t I just say emphasis on the school part? And if I recall correctly you were not a part of this conversation.” I hissed making him glare back at me.

“Stop acting like such a vi—“ RIING He was cut off by my phone suddenly going off. Everyone stared at us and I sighed before looking at who the caller was.

ABEOJI calling...

“Uhm guys. I have to take this. Will you all excuse me?” I said and smiled at them sweetly before heading out. I managed to find a quiet corner in the quadrangle to answer the phone.

“Yeoboseyo? Abeoji? What’s wrong?” I asked with a very worried tone. It didn’t make sense

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter