Chapter 19: It Is Bittersweet

It's a Choice Between Love and Tradition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lu Han’s POV

I brought Ji Hyun-ah back to her dormitory before heading home. She was already a literal sobbing mess when we got there. I always thought that she was strong-willed and cold as stone but I was definitely proven wrong today when she cried today.

It definitely wasn’t a petty issue since the guys later texted me that the posters were located everywhere in school. But it also wasn’t much of an issue to cry about.

At the very least I think she was lucky since her embarrassment was only made public in school. At least she was humiliated all over Korea. I sighed as I leaned on the back rest of the car trying to calm myself from getting mad again.

“Lu Han. I want you to read this.” Abeoji said when I entered his study. I was shocked but I nodded and took the newspaper he was holding before taking my seat in front of his table.

I opened the newspaper was shocked with the headline.

TWIN DRAGONS TAKING SEOUL FOR THEIR OWN

I looked at the headline then back at my Abeoji who only nodded for me to look again. I nodded and looked at the picture that was laid out next to the headline. Only to have my eyes popping out of their sockets.

It was a picture of Kris and Kwon Ji Yong smiling together at a business conference. I knew that this was important since it was about our family feud with them but this seems something a little bit too petty to bring up when we should be discussing about my training.

“Read the article Lu Han.” My Abeoji said and I only nodded before reading.

                “Kwon Ji Yong, sole heir to the Yang Family empire, has really proven himself this time by snagging one of the biggest multimillion deals to date. He has recently formed a partnership with Eminence Corporation in the United States of America. Sealing a deal such as this only puts the Yang Industry in a major lead to expand their company globally. Also adding to that, G Dragon, Kwon Ji Yong’s coined nickname in the business, has recently been seen training Wu Yi Fan. A former member of the Lee family. Yi Fan recently left the family due to personal issues that have not been made public yet but he has really been able to make his talents and know how in business shine brighter now that he is working side by side with G Dragon himself. Lately people have been coining him as a dragon as well especially during the recent press conference where he managed to seal a deal of his own with K Plus. The said partnership is supposed to be strategic for their up and coming marketing techniques.

                Also to add to the Yang Family’s successes to date it is rumoured that one of CEO Yang Hyun Suk’s female grandchildren have been arranged to wed Nickhun, a descendant from CEO Park Jinyoung’s lineage. If the said arrangement is true then this will only mean more success and a possible fruitful partnership between YG and JYP.

                But of course one can never forget that when we discuss the YG empire we have to note down the existence of their long time feud with SM as well. Contrary to how YG is only soaring higher and higher in the business world this family business has only been receiving negative feedback from critiques everywhere. One would be how they managed to disown a family member.

                Next would be the unexpected departure of CEO Lee Soo Man’s heir. Rumour has it that he left in the dead of the night and revoked all privileges from being a family heir. No one has heard from him since that night. But Soo Man was quick to act when he appointed his second grandson to become the heir and was immediately introduced to the public at the state ball held around three weeks ago. Mr Lu Han was immediately criticized by the public to have no talent and potential to soon lead this family.

                People were also quick to say that to date he still hasn’t sealed any kind of deal with various companies leaving his grandfather in charge of business matters. When we approached the company, representatives told us that they were not yet ready to reveal any kind of information about the boy since he is relatively young and still has a lot to learn. He has not yet graduated from SM Academy of Music and Philosophy and in line with this cannot entertain questions from the public.

                Is this just some ruse to excuse the little deer from jabs and threats? Or is it the truth?

                One thing is for certain though with all these speculations. We can conclude that the YG Family may soon take over Seoul in the next year or two.”

I was still staring at the paper and felt like I wanted to burn down the publishing company that released this damn article. Abeoji must have noticed that I was already infuriated so he spoke up.

“This is not a good start to your career Lu Han. I hope you realize that.” He said and I only nodded before putting the paper back on his table.

“Please tell me that you have progress with Ji Hyun-ssi? After sending her away abruptly yesterday I was starting to worry that we may have screwed up a potential engagement with her.” He said as he pinched his nose bridge. I only shook my head and spoke up.

“Don’t worry Abeoji. That is going well under way.” I assured him and he only smiled at me before nodding.

“That’s good to hear. By the way. I need you to try and ask her out on a date this Saturday.” He said and I raised an eyebrow before speaking.

“Waeyo Abeoji? I don’t think she will agree that easily.” I said and he only sighed before looking at me squarely in the eye.

“Do what you can Lu Han. You are good looking enough to grab her attention. And you have enough reputation to be a suitable fiancé for her. You need to have her date you this Saturday. If she says she has prior engagements then get yourself invited to whatever event she will attend. Because I am sure that it will be to the get together in Gangnam for the arrival of Park Jin Young and Nickhun. My sources tell me that they will be in town this weekend to meet up with the granddaughter of Hyun Suk. I need you to be there.” He said and I only gulped before nodding.

“Neh. I will do my best Abeoji.” I said and he only smiled before handing me a pile of folders.

“Good. Now let’s begin with our lesson for today. Cube Industries.” He said and I nodded before opening some of the folders in front of me.

I felt so frustrated at the moment since I didn’t know how I was supposed to ask her out on a date especially after seeing her lose her mind over those pos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter