Chapter 8: Hitting Two Birds with One Stone

It's a Choice Between Love and Tradition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyun’s POV

“SEUNGRI!? WERE YOU NOT EVEN THINKING WHEN YOU HIRED THOSE TWO CRONIES OF YOURS TO BEAT UP YI FAN!? OF ALL THE IMMATURE THINGS YOU’VE DONE THIS IS BY FAR THE WORST! AND TO THINK THEY CAME IN CONTACT WITH JI HYUN AS WELL! WHAT IF THEY FIGURED OUT SHE WAS MY SISTER YOU DIMWIT!?” Oppa immediately charged all the way into the family room where we were all hanging at since I came home. I stared at him in shock.

“Y-YA HYUNG! OW OW OW!” He started whining and I looked at him in pity and then looked at Oppa.

“Oppa! What the hell are you talking about?” I asked and he looked at me before breathing in and out heavily trying to compose himself.

“This Pabo. Apparently hired two men from a subsidiary company of SM to beat Yi Fan up that one time at school.” He said in frustration and just as he was about to turn back to Seungri I reacted.

“He what!? But. HOW CAN YOU BE SO ING STUPID OPPA!?” I screamed back at him and was about to charge forward when a pair of very strong arms grabbed me by the waist.

“Y-Ya! YI FAN! LET ME GO!” I said and squirmed a bit trying to get out of his grasp. He shook his head and pulled me back a bit.

“No. Don’t hurt your cousin. It was a mistake.” He said calmly and I squirmed even more.

“Let her go Yi Fan. I for one want her to cause harm right now.” Ji Yong said through gritted teeth. I smiled hearing my go signal and immediately swung myself around to flip Yi Fan and free myself.

“Mianhae Oppa. But that was my go signal.” I said as he stared at me in bewilderment trying to assess how I moved so quickly.

I was already charging towards Seungri Oppa when I heard our Abeoji’s voice again.

“Enough! Everyone to the family hall now. And I mean everyone.” He said sternly as we all froze. He immediately turned around to lead the way into the family hall. Everyone in the room looked at each other before nodding and following right after him.

_

When we all finally gathered I could see Seungri Oppa fiddling with his fingers nervously. Abeoji looked over at all of us one last time before nodding.

“We have a problem. And it is a very serious one.” He started and looked at everyone at the table.

“Apparently Seungri a deal with Woolim enterprises forgetting that they recently became a subsidiary group for SM.” Ji Yong muttered in total annoyance. I sighed and looked over at Seungri who was already sweating beads.

“As such. I do believe that certain pieces of information were leaked and I am very bothered about this family’s safety.” Abeoji continued and looked at Seungri.

“Seungri-ah. What did you tell those cronies?” Abeoji asked and well immediately looked back at him.

“I-I. The only thing I said was that they were to find a Chinese man with the family crest embroidered on the blazer.” He uttered and I saw Abeoji nod taking in what he said.

“Then how come they knew about Ji Hyun? Why did they insult her about never being mentioned as part of the family?” Yi Fan asked and I immediately felt my stomach drop.

So this is why they were going overboard. It’s to hide me again. I cringed a bit and listened further.

“I. I may have mentioned that they should steer clear of some family members. I gave pictures and slight intel about us.” He murmured and Ji Yong immediately flared up hearing this.

“What do you mean intel!? Are they aware that Ji Hyun is my sister!?” He asked and Abeoji immediately motioned for him to pipe down.

“Continue Seungri-ah.” He said and he nodded before proceeding.

“I gave Ji Hyun’s name. They must have caught on when they saw Hyung’s and her similar last name.” He uttered and he immediately kept quiet.

“Is that all Seungri?” Abeoji asked. He nodded and looked down feeling ashamed of what he just did.

“I guess I have no choice then. Until I am positive that this matter will die down. I am sorry to say. Ji Hyun. You’ll be under lock and key from this day onwards. You cannot go out. You cannot go to school. You will stay put in the mansion.” Abeoji said with finality and I immediately rose from my seat.

“Abeoji! You can’t! You just can’t do that! I have a mixed martial arts competition two days from now! My projects are due next week! I have a life outside this family. I do everything for the sake of this family! You just can’t lock me in secret forever!” I answered back feeling the sting of tears in my eyes.

“I’m sorry my dear. But you’re safety will always come first.” He said and was about motioned for everyone to leave except for Ji Yong Oppa. But I wasn’t going to back down. Not now.

“Abeoji! You can’t. Please. I’m begging you. You just can’t. I thought last week when I was welcomed to discuss about Yi Fan’s incident you were finally going to introduce me to everyone. I thought after the dinner tonight you were going to introduce me formally. Abeoji. You can’t Please. Anything. Just don’t keep me under lock and key. Not like this.” I cried to him feeling my heart drop somewhere into the crevice of my stomach.

I saw Ji Yong Oppa look at me with pity in his eyes. I could see how sorry and bad he felt for me but it was clear that he couldn’t do anything about it. Whatever Abeoji says is law and irrevocable.

“Let’s go Mei Mei.” I felt Yi Fan hold my arm gently as he tried to pull me gently out of the room. I resisted just looking at the two men that I loved and adored so much in this family.

“Oppa. Oppa. You surely aren’t going to agree to this right? You want to see me wither away in this house? Do you really want that? You know how much potential I have. Oppa. I thought I was your princess. I thought you would take care of me and never make me cry. This is the most painful thing that I will ever experience Oppa. Do something.” I said and continuously resisted against Yi Fan’s grasp as he tried to drag me out. He looked at me one last time.

I thought he would turn soft and warm again seeing this. I thought that he would side with me in this matter. I thought that I managed to pull at one of his heartstrings. But when he spoke I was proven dead wrong.

“Princess. It’s final. You can’t step out of this house.” He said in the coldest tone that he could muster. Just hearing the tone of voice he used made me freeze on the spot. I weakened and immediately gave in to Yi Fan’s grasp as he guided me back into my room.

Ji Yong’s POV

I frowned as I saw my sister finally give in to Yi Fan’s hold. She looked so broken and so weak after I said that. But I knew that was the only way to appease her for a while. To at least give Kris an easier time. I turned back to our grandfather who was already looking up deep in thought.

“Abeoji. I think that was too much. We are getting out of control in protecting her.” I said weakly and he only shook his head trying to think of something.

“I know we did Ji Yong. But this is for the best. Until I figure out a way to keep her safe. Until I figure out a way out of this. This puts her in grave danger and you know that perfectly well.” He said and I nodded.

“Abeoji. She’s strong. I think she can handle herself.” I said and he looked at me.

“I do not want a repeat of the past Ji Yong-ah.” He said sternly and I sighed. Of course. No one wants history to repeat itself especially if it is as tragic as ours.

“She is different from Omma. Really Abeoji. Omma is already overseas hiding from all of this. Appa is only here most of the time whenever business calls. But ever since we were born upon your request we were immediately sent here. To train and study under your watchful eye. To learn our family principles and values. She took them by heart. She valued each and every one of them.” I said and he looked at me before sighing.

“I know that Ji Yong-ah. She is so strong-willed that I am actually thinking of getting her to manage YGEX in the near future. She is so smart that I think she could even make that company grow even larger that the main office which will be given to you.” He said and I sighed. He was right. Although it was never acknowledged my sister could surpass me in so many ways.

“Then why Abeoji? Why are you still shielding her? She can manage on her own. I never wanted to see so much hurt and pain in her eyes. Or hear her cry in that way. But I did because you told me this is for the sake of protecting her.” I said and he only stared at me before leaning back on his chair.

“Ji Yong. You know that what happened with your mother is the reason why this hullaballoo with the Lees started. You are one of the few people who knows the truth about our feud. Since they spread awful rumours about us. I just don’t want that to happen to your sister.” He explained and I only stared at him before shaking my head.

“Fine then tell me. When

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter