Chapter 25: First Move

It's a Choice Between Love and Tradition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IMPORTANT!!!: I am not one to go against my update schedule. (Maybe sometimes) But I usually don't go against it in less than a day. The reason for this is because there is a 97% chance of me getting hospitalized tomorrow. And usually I don't get out for two weeks or more. WHy am I still able to update now? Because I forced my mom to let me recover as an outpatient until tomorrow. If I am any better tomorrow I won't get admitted. I hope you all understand if ever I won't update. I've just been really weak lately and now it is taking a toll on my bosy severely. Really All the chapters I have been posting weren't even typed this week but two weeks ago. This is my lat on stock chapter. I hope to be able to write again soon. 'Til next time. (Whenever that will be)

Ji Hyun’s POV

I was slightly bothered that after I texted him last night I didn’t receive a single reply. I kept glancing at my phone for the rest of the time while I was with Mark and Tao and they immediately sensed my unease regarding it.

They constantly argued about how maybe he has already given up and how they could have possibly overanalyzed the feelings he had for me. Mark was thankful since it meant a less unimagined situation in the future. Tao on the other hand was just pissed since it meant a slower process for me to get actual information about them.

They brought me home after our eating out and bade me goodbye. But I didn’t fail to notice the sympathetic looks they gave me. They knew that even if this was just a plan I still had actual feelings for him.

I shook away the thoughts from last night and sighed. I was already in my casual uniform for today since it was Friday. Although there were no classes today I still had to report to school for independent study hall. Oh what joy.

But when I opened my door I found a rose by the welcome mat. I raised an eyebrow and wondered if this was how Tao and Mark were going to cheer me up today. I picked it up to find a small pink paper dangling from it by a ribbon. My curiosity has already risen quite a bit. I looked at the paper to find a sort of clue written on it.

You are the worst when it comes to first impressions. But it was one of the first things that got me under your spell.

I raised an eyebrow. About to chuck the rose into my bag since it was so vague when my phone vibrated. I swiped it open to furrow my eyes because it was a message from Lu Han.

From: Lu Han

I won’t tell you where I am. And don’t ignore the letter. You just chucked it in your bag. Go to the place where I first met you.

I was very suspicious with everything and decided to reply back to him. Yes I was more than happy to figure out that this was from him but I am still very hesitant with everything I do. I pressed send asking a lot of questions about his response to last night and where he was but he didn’t reply.

I stood there thinking about what to do next for 3 minutes and bit my lower lip in thought. What was I supposed to do? I can’t fall in too deep. Mark said so. And what Lu Han was doing right now will definitely just mess everything up.

I shrugged and decided to just wing it for the day then. Just this once. I’ll do something that my heart tells me to do and not what my brain thinks I’m supposed to do.

I immediately started making my way to the classroom where we first met. My first period with him where I treated him with curtness and rudeness all period. As I made my way there someone who was dressed formally approached me and greeted me. I raised and eyebrow but he only gave me a warm smile.

“You must be Ms Kwon. It is very nice to meet you. Mr Lu was right. You are exceptionally beautiful.” He said and I felt my face blush from the compliment especially knowing that it kinda came from Lu Han.

I bowed and greeted him as well. He only smiled before guiding me towards the classroom. I was expecting that I woud just see a bouquet of roses on my desk and him seated beside it. Then we would go on with a normal day. But I was dead wrong.

Our classmates weren’t there. The room was cleared out of all the chairs and tables. The whole room was decorated with streamers and pink petals. In the middle was a small round table with fruits and pancakes. I looked at the ahjussi next to me and he only smiled before guiding me inside.

I walked in and sat down I looked around the whole room and was in awe. The place reminded me of spring with all the colours and petals around me. I looked at the Ahjussi and felt my heart sink when he spoke.

“Mr Lu won’t be here with you but he sends his regards. He has personally prepared the breakfast himself so we hope that you enjoy.” He said and I only nodded. I really wanted to see Lu Han already but he wasn’t here. As I ate the only thought that went through my head was where the hell was he?

When I finished the breakfast prepared I was about to leave when the same Ahjussi came back with another pink letter. I smiled and accepted it from him before he bowed and stepped out.

I flipped it over and read another clue from him.

The place where you showed me how looks are deceiving.

I shook my head at the clue. This was just too easy. Of course it was at the dojo. If the clues were just going to be this easy then he should have just walked me to every single one of them.

I stood up and made my way to the dojo. I practically skipped going there being all giddy about it. When I arrived by the door no one was there to greet me. Could it be that he was going to finally appear behind this door?

I hesitantly put my hand on the knob and turned it. I peered my head in but there were no streamers and decorations here. In the middle though there was only a small table and on top was a bubbletea cup. I walked over to it and found out that it was the same flavour that I ordered on our first day out. Next to it of course was another pink paper.

I bought this at the same place where you beat up my noona. Also the same place where I was too chicken to admit my feelings for you.

I shook my head and laughed. I took the drink and started making my way out of campus. The next location was definitely a place I always ended up in. Even before heading over to SM. The cafe was my solace away from my family and the feuds that it was surrounded upon.

The first person who knew that I went there all the time was Yi Fan and he was shocked to find out that a Yang as important as me managed to slip under their noses all the time. This only proved how stealthy I could be unless I wanted to be noticed.

Which was quickly done when we bumped into his sister. And now the next person that I was with when we went to that store was him. It was the first place that we decided to get to know each other. The first place that we finally buried the hatchet.

The first place where my heart beated like a bullet train when I was brave enough to ask him who he liked on campus.

When I finally made my way there the place was deserted. I raised and eyebrow and shrugged. The girl by the counter was staring at me and at a piece of paper she had in her hand. Her eyes were darting to and fro and it only made me a little bit conscious but I decided to shrug it off.

When I sat down on the same table we were at before the girl seemed to have nodded to herself and approached me.

“Ms Kwon Ji Hyun?” She asked and I nodded. She giggled before giving m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter