Chapter 1: Mingling with Dirty Blood

It's a Choice Between Love and Tradition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris’s POV

“Gege. You can’t go. Please don’t. No one else will stand up for us if you go.” Tao was constantly clinging onto my arm as I was furiously packing all of my things into my suitcase.

“Huang Zi Tao. Let go.” I said in frustration as I zipped up the last of my belongings. I looked back at him and held him at arm’s length. He was looking at me teary eyed and pouting which made me ruffle up his hair chuckling darkly.

“Tao. I’m sorry. But I’m sick and tired of this family. It’s always tradition this and tradition that. I was okay at first with the being strict about our studies but what they did earlier was the last and final straw. It was too much.” I said and hugged him tight before letting him go.

“Gege. I’m sure that Jie Jie didn’t mean to freak out on you earlier. She didn’t mean that slap. Please Gege. Don’t go.” He pleaded again and I closed my eyes remembering exactly what happened earlier and how repulsive I felt calling myself a part of this family.

“Please. Don’t hurt me..” I heard the whimper of a little girl while I was walking downtown. I found it odd at first because I was in our family’s part of town. We didn’t have any kind of harassment going on here unless you were a Yang then that it when all hell was going to break lose.

I decided to shrug it off and walked on further I had to get home fast since it was already way passed my curfew. But when I managed to walk a little bit farther away from the street I heard other voices.

“Ya! Who the hell do you think you are walking along our side of town? I thought it was already made clear to you Yangs that this is our land. If you even breath our air once we can already send our fists up into your mouths!” I cringed when I heard that all too familiar voice. It just had to be my Jie Jie saying those words. What’s worse is that she was face to face with a Yang.

I immediately turned a corner to find a young girl in a corner clutching onto her abdomen clearly in a lot of pain. I rushed on over to her side to check if she was alright then looked at my Jie Jie to glare at her.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing to her? I doubt that she has done anything wrong to you!” I screamed back at her and she immediately stopped cackling to glare back at me.

“What the Wu Yi Fan? Look at her. She’s a Yang. Our family’s rival. Just look at that disgusting uniform she has on. She has the family crest embroidered onto her blazer meaning she is no regular student in YG. That embroidery alone gives us the clear mark of her bloodline.” She spat back at me before leaning down to tug on the girl’s hair a bit.

I immediately smacked her hand away. Why did she have to be so mean?

“I don’t care about her bloodline. Jie Jie. When are we going to get over this feud? Isn’t it getting old already? The fights? The traditions? We should be over it by now. Whatever happened in the past does not concern us. We were born after that incident.” I said and quickly carried the small girl in my arms bridal style to bring her to a hospital because my sister must have beaten her up pretty bad.

Just as I was walking away my sister just had to run up to me to slap me hard on the face.

“How dare you help that filthy piece of Yi Fan! You are a Lee. Remember that. Fine. Go on and help her. But may I remind you that you are way passed you’re curfew and I am not going to let this pass. I am telling mom the moment I get home.” She said with only pure evil ringing through every syllable she spoke.

I glared at her and my heel.

“Fine go on and tell everyone at home. It makes no difference either way they already despise me for even being a part of their family.” I said and walked away carrying the small girl in my arms to the hospital that was in their part of the city.

I was already out of the mansion not even bothering to say good bye to anyone inside aside from Tao. I sighed in defeat as I got into my car and drove out of the lot. I didn’t know where I was headed or where I was going to end up but I am pretty much convinced that wherever it was it was going to be a whole lot better than sticking around with them.

Ji Hyun’s POV

We immediately rushed to the hospital after hearing about my cousin being admitted an hour ago. Apparently a random stranger dropped her off here when he found her beaten up in a corner. Whoever that man was I wanted to meet him and thank him with my life. I owe him that much for coming just in the nick of time to save my cousin.

When we entered the emergency room we already found her bandaged and ready to go back home. I immediately rushed to her side to hug her reassuring myself that she was safe and out of harm’s way.

“Eonnie. I’m okay. See? It’s just a few cuts and bruises. Nothing to be worried about.” She said and I glared at her for saying that.

“Ya. Ha Yi. What happened to you? Who the did this to you!? I swear I am going to rip their ing heads off.” I said in a death threat and she immediately laughed in her angelic tone to smile at me and hug me back.

“Gomawo Eonnie. But I’m okay see? And stop with all the death threats. It doesn’t suit you. What’s the point of your innocent face if you keep acting all tough and scary.” She said and just when I was about to retort something back I felt a strong grip on my shoulder.

I looked back to see my older brother looking at us immediately draining our systems of the playfulness. He looked at me then at Ha Yi before looking straight into the wall again.

“What do you think you’re doing Ji Hyun-ah? Running around and talking in a loud voice? Keep your act together. Remember. You are a Yang. Not to mention you are a direct Yang granddaughter.” I looked back at him in total fear and gulped. I quickly stepped aside and bowed my head in respect to my brother.

“Neh Oppa. Mianhae. It won’t happen again.” I said and continued looking down trying to compose myself with a straight and cold face. When I finally gathered up my senses I looked back at Ha Yi and showed no emotion at all.

Ji Yong Oppa looked at me then nodded in approval before turning his attention back to Ha Yi.

“What happened to you?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter