Chapter 10: First Day

It's a Choice Between Love and Tradition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lu Han’s POV

I was on my way to the classroom when I saw Baek Hyun and Chanyeol talking animatedly in front of our room. I greeted them and they smiled at me quickly pulling me into their conversation.

“Hyung. I can’t believe how lucky we are.” Chanyeol said and he was clearly giddy about something and it only made me smile at him. As he did some sort of happy dance.

“What makes us so lucky? Sonsaengnim isn’t here?” I asked and they both shook their heads to give me goofy grins. I shrugged off their arms to look at them weirdly. Okay. They were definitely acting off.

“Well. It turns out Ji Hyun-ssi, my future wife is our classmate for first period.” Baek Hyun said and skipped in place. I gave him questioning eyes and looked in the room not seeing a new face.

“I don’t see a new face.” I murmured and they sighed.

“Well. She had to go to answer a phone call. She said it was something important. But who cares. She’s our classmate and it only means more time for me to get up close and personal with her.” Chanyeol smiled at the thought and I was shocked to see Baek Hyun hitting him violently on the arm.

“YA! I already called dibs at the dinner! You do not touch my future wife!” He said and continuously harassed his arm.

“You can’t call dibs! I saw her first anyways!” He answered back and then they suddenly froze when I girl came up to us.

“Who did you see first Chanyeol-ssi?” She asked and smiled sweetly at him looking confused as to why the two boys were fighting.

I started taking in her appearance. She was just the right height for a Korean girl. She had long dark brown hair that was tied into a ponytail. Her hair was wavy and full of volume. I then looked at her face and she had a very angelic appearance.

I didn’t realize that I was staring at her until Yeol nudged my side.

“Ya. Hyung. She was asking your name. If you’re not too busy maybe you should introduce yourself.” He tched as he looked at me.

“Oh. Yes. I’m Lu Han. It’s nice to meet you.” I said and she smirked at me before returning my greeting.

“My name is Kwon Ji Hyun.” She said a bit too curtly and turned her heel to head into the room. I stared at her retreating figure and scoffed.

“Is it just me or is she just rude?” I asked the two and they shook their heads at me before looking back at the rude girl who entered our classroom.

“Nope it’s just you. Why would you think that she’s rude?” Baek Hyun asked and I looked at him wide-eyed.

“Are you kidding me? I greeted her and she smirked at me instead of smiling. Then she just said her name and left. How is that not rude!?” I asked and they shook their heads mesmerized by her. I groaned and marched into the classroom.

“Forget it. You two are hopeless.” I muttered as I walked pass them.

Ji Hyun’s POV

Class was droning on and on and I was getting extremely bored. I was half expecting our Ethics class to finally take up topics about Utilitarianism already during this time of the year but boy was I dead wrong. They were still discussing the categorical imperative.

I sighed and stared out the window utterly fed up with this teacher. I was supposed to be learning something here. Not feel like I would need to teach the teacher in front of me. I continued looking out the window only to see a crowd of guys gathered by the court outside looking at our classroom.

I sighed and continued looking at them. Obviously they were ogling their eyes on someone inside the classroom. It was getting really uncomfortable for me since I wasn’t used to seeing someone looking like this. I turned my head to tap Baek Hyun on the shoulder.

He immediately smiled at me and batted his eyelashes. Really the guy creeps me out as well but he was better than the guys outside.

“Baek Hyun-ssi. Are guys allowed to just stand there idle all day? It is kind of uncomfortable.” I said and he looked behind me and I was surprised that he glared at the window.

“No. And this doesn’t usually happen. I’ll handle it.” He assured me and raised his hand so as to gain the attention of the teacher.

“Sonsaengnim. There are bystanders by the window.” He said and pointed towards the crowd outside. The teacher only nodded before getting mad at everyone outside.

I smiled at Baek Hyun and I couldn’t help but notice the blush that was playing on his cheeks. I mentally chuckled since this guy was totally becoming smitten. I never thought that he would be like this.

The teacher then suddenly announced that we were dismissed and I smiled since that meant more free time for me. As we were exiting the classroom I felt someone snake their arm around my waist and I immediately shot a death glare at the guy.

“Hi. You’re a new face. What’s your name?” He said and my eyes went wide and before I could even answer Chanyeol and Baekhyun pulled him away and glared at him to get lost. I thanked them mentally and was about to grab my bag when Baek Hyun suddenly hugged me then held me at arm’s length apparently checking on me.

“Are you okay? Did he touch you anywhere? Did he violate you? If anything happens to my Jagiya I would never forgive myself.” He said and hugged me again but my eyes only grew after registering what he just said.

“Y-ya!! What the hell!? Who said I was your Jagiya!?” I said and pushed him away before glaring at him. He looked at me shocked and approached me before I put up my hand telling him to back off.

“Ohh. No. You are so not going there. I am not your Jagiya. As far as I’m aware I am no one’s Jagiya. Got that? And if I hadn’t made it clear at the dinner let me repeat myself. Your charm does not work on me.” I said and let out a huff before picking up my bag.

I was about to step out when that obnoxious Lu Han spoke up.

“Well of course you are no one’s Jagiya. Who would date such a rude girl?” I froze and looked back at the nutcase that said it and forced out a genuine smile.

“Oh. I’m sorry. But I don’t recall talking to you or asking for your opinion. And if you’re going to say that it could be anyone in the room just don’t I’m the only girl in the room unless you were referring to yourself and you’re soft girly like features.” I said and smirked at him. He immediately glared at me since I definitely pushed a button.

“Do you have any idea who I am?” He asked me and I smiled evilly.

“Oh yea. I know who you are. You’re Lu Han. Grandson of Lee Soo Man. The heir to the Lee empire. Don’t worry I did my homework.” I said and rolled my eyes.

“Why y--!?” He started but was cut off by someone at the door.

“Ji Hyun-ah! Come with me. Now.” We turned around to see Tao-ssi by the door looking at me and I raised an eyebrow at him.

“Why should I?” I asked and his lips formed into a firm line before speaking.

“Trust me it’s important.” He said and grabbed my hand to drag me out of the room.

_

Tao dragged me all the way to the court which would be abandoned at this time of the day. He finally let me go and I let out a huff before glaring at him.

“What the hell do you want?” I asked and he raised an eyebrow before glaring back at me.

“Why were you fighting with Lu Han? I get it with Baek Hyun but with Lu Han? Are you out of your mind or are you just plain stupid?” He asked me and I scoffed hearing this.

“And what’s it to you? Why are you suddenly so concerned? You don’t have any business regarding me.” I spat and he glared at me.

“Will you please lose the hostility!? I understood the incident yesterday but it hasn’t even been a full day yet and you’re already acting up!” He said and I only crossed my arms in annoyance.

“You don’t know me Tao-ssi. You haven’t even met me yet and you’re talking like you know so much. Well it is to be expected of a Lee. Obnoxious and arrogant.” I hissed and he only glared.

“Don’t you dare judge me based on my bloodline. I am different from them. I could say the same about you but I am taking Gege’s word for your attitude.” He said and I looked at him with slits.

“And who is this amazing Gege that has given an opinion about me? And what kind of confidence does he possess to judge me? To tell you anything about me!?” I asked and he raised his arms up in frustration.

“Will you just quit it! Quit all this arrogant talk. Stop all the vague references to your bloodline! You are making it obvious!” He said and ruffled his hair.

“Making what obvious dimwit!? Stop speaking code because you are so frustrating!” I answered back at him and he looked at me with confused eyes.

“You don’t know. Don’t you?” He asked me and I rolled my eyes.

“No duh Sherlock.” I replied and he only looked me in the eyes before whispering in my ear.

“I know.” He said and pulled away crossing his arms in front of me. I froze after hearing that.

“Kn-Know what?” I asked but it was clear already.

“I know okay? Kris Gege texted me since he could sense I wasn’t buying anything you two were saying. I am not as stupid and naive as I look. I mean who acts nice and kind to each other then suddenly fight just to get him out? You’re lucky the other guys are smitten over you so they immediately looked passed that.” He said the sighed. I stared at him with my mouth wide open.

“Then why?” I asked and he only shook his head.

“Why? Because I miss Yi Fan. He was the only one that would defend me whenever everyone was acting mean. And if you’re worried about me telling I won’t. I’m not one to meddle. But I was given strict orders for you to keep your attitude and mouth in check. Because earlier you were too hostile. If I hadn’t interfered they would have guessed that you are a Yang. And we wouldn’t like that right?” He said and I only nodded weakly shocked with what he just said.

“Who else knows that you’re aware?” I asked and he smiled at me before answering.

“Everyone in your family. They want to be updated about you at all times

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter