Chapter 12: We Will Always Get Off on the Wrong Foot

It's a Choice Between Love and Tradition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyun‘s POV

I groaned looking at my notes in class. Now I know why students from this school are not allowed to go home anytime they please. I had to juggle 30 academic units of school. Their requirements definitely going to eat me up alive at the end of term. And since I was so stupid to sign up for a physical education elective with the school’s children it weighed to an additional four units because they trained every day.

Every other day was a different schedule and on Fridays we were expected to report to our homeroom for study hall. I groaned a bit since my Tuesday and Thursday schedule was filled with classes with Lu Han as my classmate. I had to endure his face from 8 in the ing morning until 5 in the afternoon.

And you know what was the cherry on top of this disastrous sundae? During Asian History he was the only familiar face that was in my class. I pouted and turned back to my Asian history textbook when the teacher suddenly announced that we would be having an assignment. IN PARTNERS.

I was about to die in embarrassment after hearing that. I looked around the room and already found everyone pairing up. I decided that I would pretty much do it on my own and submit it as an individual work. It was better than getting a zero for nothing right? I stormed out of the room and headed to my locker when I felt someone grab my arm making me drop my bag and books. I sighed and started picking up my things before looking at the person squarely in the eye only to find myself face to face with Lu Han.

I glared at him and scoffed. He was nothing but a grade A pain in my . I picked everything up and was about to turn and leave when he called my name.

“Ji Hyun-ssi.” He said and I turned my head to look at him.

“What?” I asked and he only looked somewhere else as he answered.

“You left immediately. Do you even have a partner for the assignment?” He asked me and I crossed my arms before facing him.

“What’s it to you?” I said and he only sighed before looking at me.

“I was wondering if you’d like to be partners for the project.” He muttered and I was stunned silent hearing his words. He wants to be my partner? I looked at him in the eyes before thinking about it for a while.

“What makes you think I want to have a partner?” I said and he only scoffed before looking at me.

“Because if you don’t have one then the teacher will fail you. You left in such a hurry that he announced whoever we chose our partner would be are partner for the whole semester.” He answered back glaring at me. I gulped and was about to head into the room. But when I was close enough to him he took hold of me arm.

“Everyone else already has a partner and you and I are the only ones left. So you really don’t have a choice.” He said and froze hearing that. I looked at him before letting out a sigh.

“Fine. We’ll be partners. When and where do you intend to start this bloody assignment?” I said through gritted teeth. He glared at me and shrugged.

“Your place would be nice. I can come over after our martial arts class. And be thankful that I chose you as a partner you rude and obnoxious girl.” He spat and I was about to retort something when I heard the damn bell ring.

I glared at him then at the hand that was grasping my arm.

“If you will excuse me I have to head to dance class now.” I said and he laughed before letting me go.

“Really? Then let me tag along. Since we are classmates there.” He said and was about to sling his arm over my shoulder which I smoothly evaded.

“Bloody bastard. Why am I not surprised?” I said and walked off going towards dance studio at the other end of the building.

_

I sighed as I was walking towards the dance studio. I was already changed into my PE uniform which was way too skimpy for my taste. What kind of school is this!? Making their students wear tight fitting shorts that barely covered my and I had to wear a ing crop top over my sports bra that had the school logo on.

Are they teaching us to be here!? I mentally face palmed myself and walked into the dance studio to find all 11 guys talking to each other animatedly but they suddenly stopped talking to smile at me.

I smiled back and heard scoffs from the crowd of girls that were at the other end of the room. I groaned and found a corner where no one was hanging at and sat there pulling out my iPod and earphones to blast myself out of this damn world.

Just as the song I was listening to was about to hit the first verse of course I was stupid enough to think that they would leave me alone. I saw their shadows in circling around me and I looked up to see 10 of them smiling and 1 other scowling. Well that was pretty much expected.

I removed my earphones and tried to muster up a genuine smile to give them.

“Hey guys.” I muttered and they all sat down on queue when I greeted them.

“Hey. So. You look like you’re about to kill someone. Why is that?” Kyungsoo said as he took his place beside me. I frowned since they didn’t buy my smile.

“I’d like to kill your damn school’s designer for these uniforms that reveal too much skin. Are you aware that I was this close to wearing my practice uniform for martial arts today?” I said and showed them my index finger and thumb pinching together.

They suddenly frowned and looked at what I was wearing and I could see the blush that was forming on each of their faces but it could never compare to the tomato red face I was sporting when I caught them looking.

“Y-Ya! Stop eye me!” I said and covered whatever I could possibly cover with my hands. I was shocked when Lu Han suddenly took off his school hoodie and handed it to me.

“Here.” He said before standing up and leaving. I stared at the hoodie then back at him before wearing it and zipping it up. It covered my torso but it definitely did not hide my legs. I sighed and looked over at him mouthing a thanks and he only nodded curtly from his corner then I looked back at the others who were staring at me then at him.

“Is there something going on between you two?” Tao asked and I could see the concern etched on his face.

“None that I know of.” I muttered and looked back at the other 9 guys who weren’t buying my explanation.

“Jagiya. Are you cheating on me?” Baek Hyun asked and I only glared at him before answering.

“One. I am cheating on no one. Two. For the last time Baek Hyun. I am not your ing Jagiya!” I said which only made the others chuckle in response.

“How can you say such a thing? I already bought our tickets to the school dance next week!” He pouted and pulled out too flashy tickets from his pocket. I was about to answer back when Kyungsoo spoke up.

“Sorry to break it to you Baek Hyun. But she is not going with you. She’s my date to the dance.” He said and quickly snatched the two tickets away from him.

“Y-Ya! What do you mean she’s your date!? Give those back to me! I paid for them!” He pouted and reached on over to get them from Kyungsoo but he only hid by my side and chuckled.

All the others were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter