9,80665

Fighting Gravity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai’s P.O.V

 

I was standing beside that Haeri girl, who was now wearing my suit blazer. Okay, I got to say maybe I was hitting on her by acting so caring and alll. I knew I shouldn’t do that, considering this girl was Baekhyun’s crush or whatever. But, I could still act a gentleman, right? Eventhough I wasn’t really such a gentleman to another woman, I would rather leave that as a consolation prize for Baekhyun. At least his girl wouldn’t get cold for the rest of the night.

As the old men were talking among themselves, I turned my eyes to the girl standing the furthest. She was the girl, the same girl that turned me off couple of days ago. The same girl I lost just now. She gave Luhan a small smile before finding my gaze. She locked her orbs to mine before sending a small, mischievous wink. I mentally grunted, rolling my eyes even though that wink sent shivers down my spine. What a tease.

“We’ll get going first. Let’s meet tomorrow night.” The eldest man whom I recognized as Haeri’s father immediately took his daughter wrist, leading her to exit the ballroom. I followed them with my gaze until she was disappeared from our sight, but I clearly spotted a smile there. Whoa, was she smiling at me?

“I guess, we will get going too, Joon.” Father said, then shook the man’s hand vigorously. The man nodded his head, smiling wide. “Let’s meet tomorrow night, huh?” He replied. Father walked after beckoning us to follow. I turned my head, finding the girl who was waving ever so lightly.

As the three of us already stood on the outside of the ballroom, Father stopped than turned his head to us.

“Now, go straight to home.  I have something important to announce.” He firmly commanded. Mr.Lim the secretary harriedly walked into the scene, led him to the lobby.

“See ya.” Luhan shortly brushed, proceeding to follow father’s reaction leisurely. As I heard the sound of heels clacking against the marble floor behind me, I quickly leaped to hide myself behind the side wall.

“Abeoji, I want to go to the toilet first. I’ll catch up.” The girl excused herself. I grinned inside my mind. What an amazing coincidence, I thought in satisfication. Now, we had the time for ourselves.

“Don’t take too long.” Her father nodded then walked after her. As she was walking to a different direction which was the toilet, I yanked her wrist inside my hiding place, pushing her against the wall carefully. I rested her head on my back hand to avoid her head colliding against the cold wall, another hand secured beside her head. Even though I may be a hard-headed bastard with a head that liked to play women, I still had sense not to hurt them physically.

“You are really, playing with my nerves, aren’t you?” I growled lowly. Both of our faces were only inches apart that I could feel her soft breath tickling my nose. She looked right into my eyes, but it was calm and soft. Like she knew that I won’t harm her in any way possible.

“Give me your phone.” I breathed out impatiently. She obediently opened her purse, giving me the phone I asked without any resistance. I swiftly saved my number before calling it, securing her real number. “That was easy, right? No need to give fake numbers whatsoever.” I grumbled, giving the phone back inside her palm. Okay, I maybe blurted that something which supposed to be lies, but I couldn’t handle it. I was pissed off because just when I thought she might be something different, she had to let me down like that.

Suddenly, she brushed her delicate hands on my cheek in swiveling motion. I looked down into her deep eyes. I could really feel my gaze soften, along with the flutter she sent from head to toe. “I don’t feel sorry, but I apologize, okay?” She softly whispered. It felt like could swim in those eyes for eternity long.

She then slowly closed the distance between us, giving me a light, innocent peck. I took a step back, releasing my grip beside her head. Eventhough it maybe far different from the one we shared on the dance studio, I could still hear my heart pounding irregularly.

She quickly pulled away before the kiss was getting deeper. “I got to go. I’ll see you tomorrow, ‘kay?”

She brushed her fingers against my clothed chest. “Bye.”

I could see her leaving. I could hear the soft tack for every step she took. I thought it was normal to feel such irregular beats by my heart. But once she disappeared completely, that’s when I couldn’t comprehend what was happening. It still felt like she’s here. Like she’s right infront of me.

What the hell happened to me?

*

I held father’s work room’s doorknob slowly before opening it. I noticed the two pairs of eyes were immediately turned into my direction. I proceeded to walk infront of his desk, slightly bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter