9,80665

Fighting Gravity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai’s P.O.V

 

Now, I could safely say that there was something going on with Luhan and Haeri.

From where I was sitting--which could clearly see the enterance door--, I could see the ‘so-called’heart warming interaction between them. Luhan seems pretty fine with her, which what I was confused with. Luhan tended to be uncomfortable and shy around girls, but with this girl he could loosely talk. He could even look her in the eyes!

And the biggest joke of all. The girl.

Even the blinds maybe could see how hard this girl already fell for him. How every freckle on Luhan’s smile could heaten her everything, fasten her heartbeat and altering her world into lolipop and unicorns. How a simple encounter with Luhan could change the whole day.

What a crappy sick love joke.

But instead, I grinned lopsidedly. That was interesting. With Baekhyun’s unrequited love as a beautiful embellishment within the picture, I was sure the story would be such an interesting entertainment. And I would love to look to the end of it, considering that television shows were getting boring as hell. Real-life entertainment would be million times entertaining, right?

“I’m sorry, I--“

She then left, falling into ruins. I could visibly see the tears streaming from her eyes as she ran to the outside of the appointed restaurant. I rolled my eyes in despair. Can’t life be much more dramatic? I snorted as  I shifted my sight to the oldest man standing up with worriness printed all over his face.

“I’m sorry if my daughter acted that way. I know I should’ve told her but I just can’t. Maybe I should talk to her--“

“No.”

I turned my head to the girl sitting beside me who gracefully tucked her hanky on the table, slowly shifting up. “She just need some time to calm herself, ahjusshi. Let me talk to her as a friend, instead. I’ll try to calm her down.” Soojung sent a thin comforting smile before proceeding to walk Haeri’s direction, her heels were clicking against the marble floor without waiting for the man's reply.

I frowned at the thought of Soojung and Haeri were in a relation called friends. I never thought they were even in a good term. I once or twice caught them slicing each other’s throat with harsh sarcasm, but I never thought the two girls could be in a such complicated relation. Well, we’re talking about girls anyway. Men wasn't gifted the ability to understand woman's way of thinking.

As the colleagues were talking among themselves, I just proceed to turn the phone on, scrabbling into some messages that famous girls were sending me as an invitation to their ‘party’. But nearly everybody knows what a ‘party’ would lead into. And I defintely was not in a mood to throw myself to girls. But somehow now, the thought of getting dirty with another girl sickened me. The thought of a random girl touching my body made me feel nauseous.

There has got to be something wrong with me.

Suddenly, in the middle of my busy thoughts, my phone chimed as a call was received. I glanced at the display which was showing Suho’s name. I really didn’t see any reason why Suho needed to call me. But thinking it might be important and sitting on this table won’t do anything for me, I just excused myself to pick his call.

“Whats up, hyung?” I immediately started after I was safely excused and stood on the outside of the room.

“Hey Kai, have you seen Chanyeol?” Suho asked in a mixture of harried and worry. I almost instantly frowned. What the hell did Suho hyung had to worry about a grown man in a Saturday night? I knew that Suho hyung was such a caring father figure for the EXO-K, but he never step into a stage of pestering. Calling everybody for Chanyeol is considered pestering, right?

“Why the hell did you need to search for Chanyeol, he can take care of himself.” I strongly replied back. Suho hissed in impatient on the other line.

“When school finished after you already fled out, I found Chanyeol was sobbing on the backyard while punching the wall like million times until he ing bled. I ran off and try to stop him, but instead he was angry and cursed, asking me not to meddle in his business. He then ran to only God knows where. Now can you say we did't have to search for him?!” Suho spat back, feeling offended by my last remark. But what really bothered me was that Chanyeol wasn’t that kind of person. Just imagining the appointed crazy clown was acting like what descripted made me sure that this wasn’t a simple one.

“But I really don’t know, hyung. I am in an important meeting and-- Whoa !”

As a tiny hand were groping my sleeve, I immediately cut the call off and spun to see the who scared the hell out of me. But somewhat, I only found Park Haeri. Yes, the Park Haeri who spot of tear or two could visibly seen on her white face. Now, she was almost grinning. Almost.

“Kai, take me home!” She calmly said with an intriguing smile, like it was the most normal thing a woman say to a man, who turned out have a reputation of bad news. I could feel my head was too busy with so much information and thing happening at the same time and I needed some time to understand what was really happening.

“What?!”

*

And after that, everything passed in a haze. Somehow, the girl convinced and begged me that she really needed my help and refusing to come back in as she need sometime to think about everything. I once refused and say she needed to face everything in the end anyway, but she nearly cried saying that she just need sometime. She somehow knew my weak spot with tears and I was enchanted that I nodded, agreeing to her demand. Now I seemed to regret it as we were seated in my car.

“So how can I just ran away to take you home meanwhile I supposed to attend the meeting?” I nearly scoffed as I the engine. She shrugged leisurely, not minding my not-so-nice remark.

“Just give me your phone.” She commanded. I pursed my eyebrow, somehow doubt what she had in mind while slowly taking my phone with hesitation. “Just give it!" She nagged impatiently.

“You better say what you want to do with my phone.” I grumbled, while placing my phone on her palm. She was smiling in thriumphant as she took the phone. But be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter