25,88956

Fighting Gravity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N : 25,88956 for Jupiter was to indicate how hard for them to withstand the gravity to fly.

After that, the news of the closest friendship falling apart was spreading wide just in a blink of eye. Appearantly, there was some snooty listener snooping on their fierce altercation--beside Kai--and spread the news to the whole student body. Luck to the girls’s side, the snooper missed a significant subject on the conversation, whom was Chanyeol. Now nearly everyone knew what happened between the two girls, and the enmity was clearly used by the y group to merge Chora into their clique.

The news was not missed by the EXO-K either. After studying the news, they quickly took Haeri into their circle and tried to make her comfortable within. Not everyone of them knew what really happen, well beside Kai and Chanyeol. But somehow, Haeri wasn’t looked like she was bothered with the whole school talking about her broken friendship infront of her eyes. She seemed unfazed.

It’s lunch time, and Haeri harriedly gathered her book and tucked it inside of her bag. No one sitting beside her, now that she and Chora broke up. The class was their only class together, but now Chora moved her spot to beside one of her new ‘best-friend’. No one really wanted to seat next to her, since she wasn’t really someone warm enough to sit with.

No matter how much she seemed so strong now, deep inside, it’s killing her.

*

Haeri’s P.O.V

 

Every hurtful whispers and twisting-reality gossip they were saying, all just rubbing salt to my wound. I knew that compared to Chora, she was more social and warm, more welcoming and nice. That’s why now, everyone pushed me to corner, threw the blame all to me and worshipping Chora. All of them were consoling her, telling her that everything would be alright, telling her that I would get my karma, telling her I would rot in hell because of my sins. Now everyone taking her sides. Everyone, once again I say.

I quickly ran off the suffocating class. I just couldn’t stand to be in a room where everyone despised me. Where everyone just twisting the fact, taking whatever they assume would be the fact as a fact. They hated me, I knew that. But I couldn’t act strong all the time, acting unfazed and unbothered. I needed someone, or maybe just one person who told me that I was indeed right. A person to tell me that Chora was wrong. A person to tell me how idiot these people for believing her and taking her side. I desperately needed that.

But as I walked out, all that I could spot was only Chanyeol with his head hanging low. I sighed, my head was getting heavier now that I knew what would finally happen.

“Can I talk to you for a minute?” He softly asked. And I could feel that he was so damn exhausted, quickly proved by the black bag under his eyes and pale face. “In private. Please.”

I hummed as a simple agreement as I let him softly led me to the nearest, coridor to physics lab which everyone rarely visit on a lunch break. I leaned my back on the wall while Chanyeol was standing just few inches from where I was standing, a little bit afraid that someone was actually paying attention to their encounter.

“I never thought you would do that for me.” He whispered guiltily while playing my strands of hair with his left hand. I looked up to him, sighing deeply.

“I didn’t do that for you. I did it for her.” I sorely replied. He chuckled lowly, filled with sadness and grieve.

“Do you know why I visited you last night, Hae?”

My hair softly locked between his slender fingers as I shook my head sideways.

“That’s because I had no one I could think about. I only had you in mind, as you were always the one who understand what I feel about her. As you were the only one who warned me about her. As you were the only one who knows what she actually feels for me.”

“As you were the one I should have listened since long time ago.” He mourned, eyes turned dark and lips formed a bitter smile. I couldn’t help but notice that this man was so much hurting because of that Chora. I instinctively circled my arms around his neck, burying my face on his chest, living the fact that he was indeed, so damn tall. I felt just as bad as him, and I just wanted to console him.

“That’s okay, Yeol. I know how deep you love her. But remember, you deserve someone much better, okay? Someone who will told you how she really feel about you, somone who will fell for you as how much you fell for her.” I mumbled on his chest, trying to lessen his pain. That’s when I have the urge to cry my sadness away. I wanted to cry so bad. Not because of the people, mostly because how I have hurted Chora, and how she had hurted me and Chanyeol. But eventhough how ill the situation has turned into, having her in my life was something I would always be grateful about. Having ‘the actual Chora’ as my bestfriend to console and help me through my dark stages of life were something I won’t regret till my last breath of life.

But no. I won’t cry. Cause if I cry now, I can’t be sure if I could bring myself up. And having this dorky man held close, I just didn’t want to add more tear to his agony.

*

After the short talk with Chanyeol, both of us softly walked to the canteen, hands intertwined with each other. Somehow, realizing that how hurt both of us had been, I just felt so much closer to Chanyeol. He was like a brother I never had, and I had no worry if everyone was guessing if we had some special relation between. I was just ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter