#-G-?-7-/-! (i)

Fighting Gravity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s P.O.V

 

Sehun grasped the sixth bottle of beer, and pour to divide it into shots with agility. And somehow, he could feel the stare of that one girl, following every movement of his. But once he turned to see her truly on eye to eye, she abruptly flew her sight elsewhere. That cute gesture of her brought a mischievous smirk right to his face. Instead of embarassing her which maybe could drive her further away, Sehun purposed a simple conversation while the others was busying themselves. “You a good drinker?” Sehun asked casually, not even detaching his eyes from the shots.

“Good enough to soberly see you making an of yourself.”

That time, Sehun just had to look back to the girl who just sassily answered his casual query. He thought that spiteful remark was just a meaningless joke, he really did. And there she was, crossing her hands infront of her chest with a defying smirk to prove he was indeed wrong. Sehun smiled lopsidedly, satisfied with the reaction he received. “Feisty.” He lowly breathed and his lips. There was always something intriguing about sassy girls, and Sehun couldn’t lie that it really did turn him on.

Just like what happened a year ago, Sehun was attracted to her once again.     

“So how about a bet?”

Tara tilted her head with a scrutinizing eyes, inspecting if he were to take advantages of her. Sehun got her messages loud and clear, he nonchalantly shrugged. “Just want to have fun.” His eyes were back to the shots, knowing that every simple gesture would lead into either refusal or approval. He understoood that the push-pulling they were playing was gamble. He of course had done it with girls before. But now it's a different case, because Sehun would do anything to win.

Sehun knew that if the girl approved, it would be the death of her. There was a reason why he was strongly fond of the time of the month, right because that was the time when he got to stay sober while the member was making a fool of themselves. He felt utterly amazing. And one thing for sure, he and Kai was the best at drinking games. Both maknaes have the highest tolerance of alcohol, and there was no doubt about that anymore.

“You just got yourself a deal.”

Sehun couldn’t bear a wide grin of delight. “Done.” He simply nodded, finished filling the last shot.

“Let’s get it started, shall we?” Now, everybody was out of their own conversation and focusing on the game. “Let’s start with ladies first.” Sehun shifted his eyes to the girl sitting beside him, offering her a wide grin. “Tara-sshi? How about you first, as a welcome to our group?”

Tara shot an annoyed look to the guy, but did what said either way. “Who said I want to join this group.” She lowly whispered to herself while choosing a card, but it was more than enough for Sehun to hear. She slided a card before opening it only to herself. Everyone was anticipating it, before she turned it for everybody to see.

“Queen? Nice!” Chanyeol chuckled while handing a shot to the girl beside him. “Do drink, m’lady.”

“Jerk. We’re not getting laid even if I get drunk. You get it? So save your for yourself.” Sora harshly spat while Chanyeol pat her head casually.

“I will just pretend I didn’t hear what you said, m’dear. In case you change your mind later.” Chanyeol sent her a wink and she rolled her eyes, pouring the alcohol down . That er, no matter what would only thought her as a doll to quench his physical needs. And that literally hurted her pride, seeing how easy she was for him. That’s why upon realizing how fool she was for believing that he would stop making her a rebound, she cut every contact with him. The drinking night was the first time she met him again since months ago.

The first time seeing him picking her up without any ual purposes few hours ago made her heart aches of how could have been if he stop making her a physical satisfactory.

“You sure you wanna do this?” Kai handed Haeri one shot, his face filled with worry. “I don’t want to receive the guilt if you drank your off. I am afraid that Mr.Park would despise me If I let his beloved daughter drunk. If you feel unready, say it to me anytime and I’ll take you home. Don’t worry about that arsehole Sehun, I’ll deal with him.”

“Stop the unworthy worry, Kai. Appa is in Japan till the day after tomorrow. Maybe he’d ask, but Tara’s presence was more than enough to deal with it.” Haeri sipped the shot, but Kai still won’t let his stare away from the latter. He was worried for her safety on this night. He didn’t know what would happen if he were to let his guard on her down.

“Have you ever even drink before?” Kai asked after Haeri slapped the shot back to the table with a loud squeal. Haeri grinned widely to the man.“Not much. But I believe that I can handle a lot.” Haeri smirked while Kai snarled in disbelief. This little lamb beside him didn’t realize that she was staying in a cage of wolves.

“That means you can’t.” Kai sighed while scrutinizing her every movements. He felt a sudden headache, couldn't handle the girl's stubbornness. “One rule. Anything you do, even if it was going to the toilet, you have to tell me. Okay? And make it two. If you can’t handle more alcohol, just give it to me. I can handle a lot.”

“Stop being such a nagging babysitter and just enjoy the night, brah!” Kyungsoo smiled while throwing his hands on the younger’s shoulder. Kai immediately flinched and detached himself from the smaller man. No doubt, Kyungsoo was the worst at drinking tolerances even if he still could handle some good amount of shots.

“It’s not even starting and you’re already drunk. Sissy.” Kai hissed, before feeling self-concious. He shifted his sight to the guys sitting on the other side of Haeri, who immediately threw his eyes elsewhere when he caught him. Kai was indeed right. Baekhyun had been paying attention to him, maybe eversince he was scolding Haeri. Kai slapped his head for his less of awareness.

“Baekhyun hyung, now it’s your turn.” Sehun reminded the guy. Baekhyun turned his face to Sehun and nodded with hesitation. He withdrew a card, and shift it to the players first to see.

“Three! Take three shot, Baek!” Suho cheered, and Baekhyun turned his face to the girl offering shot to him. She was no other than his dream girl, Haeri. And out of the blue, he felt hundered times courageous and energized than before. All, simply because of that one girl. He couldn’t handle but displaying how contented he was by her supporting gestures.

“Woohooo!” The exo immediately roar at the sweet . Kai looked to the two person exchanging shots, and suddenly he felt relieved and guilt at the same time. He felt happy for Baekhyun to receive his desired girl’s attention, but he felt guilty that sooner later, he would realize that she would not belong to him. And Kai couldn’t help but to feel bad and scared for what he'd become once he figured everything out.

“Next, Haeri!” Sehun clapped excitedly. Tara shot him an annoyed look which he finally caught. “What?” He simply asked the girl. She instinctively looked elsewhere, refusing to answer the confused boy.

“You got five!” Baekhyun smiled widely at the girl. Haeri looked back to the man with confusement mixed with worry.

“Does that mean I should drink five shot?” She innocently asked him. Baekhyun chuckled then ruffled the cute girl’s hair. Even by the innocent gesture, all he could feel was electricity shooting to every bits of his. He then patiently explained the rule to the clueless girl.

“That means you can give five shot to someone, silly.”

“Aah!” She immediately perked up, and shifted to the man sitting on her other side. Kai. “You take it, jerk! You should loose up for tonight, get it? Stop worrying about me like a witty ahjumma.”

Kai mentally cursed at her last remark, more to the fact that she said it louder than his liking. He glanced at Baekhyun who immediately looked dejected, detaching his palm from Haeri’s head and coughed. Before anyone could comment on what she just blurted out, he quickly poured the shot down to his throat. “Now I get to pick.” He muttered to himself.

The drinking game went on, and everyone was having fun with each mission. Everyone had consumed at least two shots, and the passion was on fire. It was Sora’s t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter