1,6249

Fighting Gravity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
[ MOON ]

When the morning had arrived and the sleeping beauty had finally woken up, Haeri realized that she was running late. Hence, the creating of chaos while sleepiness was still taking a toll on her. After finishing her short bath, she rushfully headed down to find her living partner just arrived at the dining room, looking neat with his uniforms on.

“Why isn’t there any food.” Kai scrunched his nose, and turned eyes to the brunette whose appearance was quite disturbing to his eyes. She was utterly unsettled, but still it was fun to see how she was doing on multi-tasking. “Hey, shouldn’t there be food here?”

“Well, maybe I stopped cooking after you stopped caring. Ouch!” She yelped in pain after falling on the granite floor first. Kai chuckled to see her chapped lips pouting, but either way helped her standing up.

“But I’m super hungry and I don’t know if I’ll make it through the day.”

“Stop being dramatic and let’s just go to school.” Haeri shook her head in dismay and descended down to the car, still busy fixing her bowtie.

When both of them were seated in the car, Kai opened a conversation while Haeri was still doing her hair. “Should a girl be as disconcert as you are?” He teased while sneaking glances on the lass.

“Nobody ain’t got the right to judge me.” Haeri shrugged casually, still observing her hair in evident disdain. “Bye the way, I think I’m going to change my hair color. It’s already boring to me.”

“What, now you’re gonna paint your hair blue? Please, you’re soon 19, be matured a bit.” Somehow, Kai couldn’t get off her back. He quaintly got addicted to teasing her. Her answer was just a mere glare and continued like nothing happened.

“So when I skipped brekfast after you cooked them, did you throw them away?” Kai asked in curiosity. He somehow knew what her answer would be, yet he was still questioning.

“I packed them up for Baek to eat. He surely appreciate my cooking better than you.” She commented, being insensitive over Kai’s sudden silence. She was being plainly sarcastic, but  it was uncomforting to know that Baekhyun had tasted her food before him.

Now, she had more firsts wasted with Baekhyun, Kai thought with a fuscous eyes. The fact didn’t angered him, but rather a bother. Whether they different or not, Kai refused to find out more.

“I think we had some party to attend this night. It was client’s birthday celebration, and it’s the first official party we’re attending.” Kai informed, subconciously asking Haeri not to arrange any plans later the night.

“Really? Fine, then.” She casually nodded, not taking much thoughts in. “But I’m actually having an audition this afternoon.”

“Audition? What audition?” Kai furrowed his eyebrows. It didn’t seemed like Haeri was that kind of performing type.

“Actually, it’s more like a force from our literature professor. She had asked me to join her play, more like forcing me into it. I had never wanted it in the first place.”

“What play is that?” Kai asked, tried not to sound too curious.

“No idea. But considering that literature professor, maybe a romantic tragedy or whatever.” She answered with the same manner. He silently nodded—while writing a mental note to himself.

 “Okay. Just don’t forget to come home earlier for tonight’s preparation.” He nonchalantly said while slowly advancing to the parking lot. After the car finally halted, both of them went down only to find curious eyes pointed at them.

“Just shrug it and let’s go.” Kai tried to reassure the girl. But then, Haeri answered his comfort with a challenging smile.

“No worry, I got this a lot.”

*

For a few events that Kai wasn’t bothered to listen to, school ended faster than scheduled. The gleeful student quickly scrambled out of the building, but Kai wasn’t one of them as he was walking slowly on the hall, trying to make the map of the school building in his head.

“Hey, Kai!” Suho hollored from the end of the hall. The other exo were walking his way, but Kai suddenly felt anxious. He wasn’t planning on meeting his gang—he actually planning to avoid them. But as they advancing to him, Kai shouted.

“I got something to do. You guys go first!” He turned his steps before disappearing through the hall. The exo were looking at each other as they shrugged at his odd manner.

“Why are Kai avoiding us? I thought you guys made up yesterday.” Chanyeol butted while the five of them were making their way to the auditorium.

“I have no idea. But maybe he really had something came up.” Baekhyun clamped his hand in his pocket, still being wary of Kai’s gesture. It was rare to see how Kai could be so worked up over something, and the Kai they met just now maybe had shown too much emotion.

“Hey, have you even practiced your lines?” Suho asked to the maknae beside him. The least chuckled while ruffling his light brown hair.

“I don’t go around practicing. I improvise.” Sehun reasoned, while the other clacked their tounge in displease. “Besides, not many people audition that I’m sure everyone will pass. I don’t even need to have the main role.”

It turned out that Sehun and Baekhyun were also auditioning for a part in the upcoming play. When Sehun was just trying to have fun being a cameo, Baekhyun was determined to get a decent role as he had decided to advance to art. Not even the huge responsibilty of taking over a company could stop him to deepen his love towards art.

Five of them finally arrived in the auditorium, only to find the missing exo member seated on the furthest seat, his head ducked to avoid people noticing his presence. But it was his fault to even think that his close friends wouldn’t identify him.

“It’s Kai.” Kyungsoo pointed the man to the group in confusion. “Kai, what are you doing here? You said something came up.”

Instead of answering, he swivel of the question with another question. “What are you guys doing here?”

“We come to cheer Sehun and Baek’s audition.” Kyungsoo replied, pointing to the men stated. But Sehun and Baekhyun let out a loud mock. “What?”

“Cheering? More like laughing on your sorry asses.” Baekhyun grunted. He had figured what would happen that’s why he had insisted the exo not to visit the audition at the first place. It’s quite embarassing for other people to see how dorky and idiotic his friends really were behind the cold facade. Yet, that’s why he loved exo like himself.

“What are you doing here?” Chanyeol retorted back, and Kai flinched because he wasn’t ready to answer. No, he won’t say his true intention of watching the audition. That’s the least chance he would take.

“I-i just want to see pretty girls.” Kai nervously chuckled, onl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter