Call Me Baby

Fighting Gravity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai slouched on the sofa, while pressing the remote for channel. The clock has pointed quater to six, yet his wife was still nowhere to be seen. He messaged her few hours ago, but the lass replied with only two  words—girls thing—and it may had caused a sense of curiosity.

As for his own preparation for the party, he was still torn betwen two option of suit—white or black. He might need Haeri’s decision upon his garments.

For the eleventh time, Kai rested his vision on the clock. “Where is she?!” He hissed in anxiety, right when the door swung open.

“Sorry! Sorry, I am late. The traffic jam was crazy. Are they already here?” Haeri asked while closing the door, having two large shopping bag on her grip. She looked back, only to find a flabbergasted Kai, whose eyes were pointed at her.

“What?”

“You painted your hair black.” Kai pointed at her now black hair. Actually, Tara and her went for shopping and saloon session, since Tara was also representing her father for the night’s party. But never had she expected Kai’s reaction of the change would be that evident.

“Is that a bad reaction?”

Not at all, Kai whispered in his mind, still flooded in adoration of the girl’s alteration. You look, absolutely wonderful. With her milky white skin that contrasted with her naturally gleaming black hair, she looked perfectly natural, stunning, and lovely.

“You-you look great.” That was all Kai had managed to say, and he was embarassed. He wanted to further compliment her, but he was afraid that he would lose himself.

“Well, thank you.” She cheekily answered, walking to her room. “Since the men will be arrived soon, I should change my attire. Just open if they come, okay?”

“Okay.” Kai muttered. Damn, how could that girl be so attractive? Red may suit her well, but natural black suit her perfectly. “You idiot, you’re stuttering.” Kai was pissed at himself. He should stop being all infatuated by now. He couldn’t be this crazy.

The bell rang twice, intending that the waited men had finally arrived. Kai fixed his attire with anxiety before opening the door.

“Jongin.” His father was the first to greet. Kai immediately bowed to the two men and opened his door wide for them to come in. “Annyeong haseyo.”

“Appa!” Haeri jumbled on her feet, running down from the stairs and into her father arms. She had missed him so much, as she was rarely visiting her own house. The emotion was unbearable that she started tearing up. “Sorry for not visiting home sooner.”

“Never mind. You’re a wife afterall, there’s no need to be sorry, my lovely daughter.” Her father chuckled, patting his daughter in the head. Kai followed the two father-daughter interaction with his eyes, feeling a little bit envious over how close they were. He didn’t even got the chance to meet his mother as God already ripped her away from him when he was born.

The three men were seated in the sofa while Haeri was serving the tea. “Daughter-in-law, has Kai treated you well, living together?” Kai’s father asked while taking his cup of tea. Haeri turned her face to Kai and responsed with a sincere smile.

“He’s great, Father-in-law.”

Did she really mean that? Kai thought, suddenly felt abashed over her question. He felt glad and sad at the same time. What she said must be a lie. He was the type of man whom no girl wish to marry, anyway.

“Please adress me comfortably.” Mr. Kim chuckled with his daughter-in-law formality. Haeri resposed  in anxiety, managed to nod. Kai settled his palm over her knees to lend some of his strength, as she appriciately received them.

“So well, have you been trying to give us a grand child?”

That’s when Haeri choked on her tea, that Kai had to pat her back—and mentally laughing on her reaction. Well, that was the least question she expected, even if she should’ve expected it by now. But still, how can they question that? Both of them haven’t even graduated high school!

“I think it may took us some time, abeoji.” Kai answered Haeri’s father instead, after Haeri nodded, intending that she was fine. “I think we should focus on study first. After all I had to enter business school after graduation, might as well focus on that.”

“That’s right, but we still need a soon grand child to reinforce the joint of the two company. The media was now being all nosy about our business. Now we can still give them a reason for not having grand child, but we expect the news after your graduation.” Mr. Kim reasoned. Both Haeri and Kai bitterly nodded. Neither of them wanted to take the warning to heart. There was no way they’d be having child.

“I want to look around the house.” Mr. Kim asked while scrutinizing the luxurious place of his son and his wife. “I have ordered achitect build this house, yet I haven’t really seen the insides.”

Kai stood up to obey his father’s order, along with Haeri and her father. But as the old men ascended to the second floor before them, Haeri pulled Kai near and whispered to his ear in an utter rush.

“What should we do, they would find out we’re not sleeping in the same bed, let alone room!” Haeri worrily shouted in his ear that he felt like a total idiot for not realizing them sooner. It was all too late to create an excuse, as the four of them were already approaching her bedroom.

“This is your room?” Mr. Park asked to the couple, pointing at her fortress. Both of them could only grimaced, praying on their hearts for the father not to recognize that her things were only detected inside. Luck to their side, they closed the door without further ado.

After finishing the upstair, they headed down to look around the first floor, but Haeri schemefully reasoned the time that was running late for the party. Their plan was somehow foolproof, and that was when both Haeri and Kai could heave a relieved sigh.

But their celebration was far too soon, when Mr. Kim excused himself to the toilet only to open Kai’s bedroom door.

“Why’s there another fully used bedroom in your house?”

their luck.

*

Some urgent meeting concerning stock market came up and both of Haeri and Kai’s father had to pass the party they should’ve attended. Haeri and Kai  were both having advancing the party with a sour countenance after getting caught for having seperated room.

Both Mr. Kim and Mr. Park seemed to be unpleased about the situation, even though both of them had presented their own valid reason for not sharing a room. Still, the old men insisted them to stay in the same room—even Mr. Kim threated Kai that he would revoke his facility if Kai still insisted to live seperately. Someone was emptying Haeri’s bedroom and moving her belongings to Kai’s as they were speaking.

“I never figure why it should be taken that seriously.” Haeri pouted, searching for a drink as was already dried. Kai stole glances and Haeri’s cherry lips, and immediately shifted his vision somewhere else. That was so dangerous, Kai thought to himself.

With no further compromising, Haeri did look stunning that night. Wearing a sleeveless silver satin dress that went to her knees, softly hugging her body curve and a pair of stiletto. But something unknowingly bothered Kai that it may a little bit too short for his likings. He felt like caging her inside his arm whenever he caught men glancing at her appearance.

It’s normal, right? We’re friends, I could be protective. Kai reasoned, trying to comfort himself.

“More champagne?” One of the bowtied servant over the two a drink. Haeri gladfully accept, as Kai refused.  Glancing at Haeri’s  supple lips which slowly—or to him, sensually—savouring the beverage, he felt odd. He awkwardly turned his vision elsewhere, or else he had to experience seeing her bobbing throat and scared her.

Damn you, horm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter