25,88956

Fighting Gravity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sorry.”

Baekhyun lowly blowed her lips, cupped her face before carefully slided her petite body closer against his, preventing the bystanders to see the kiss they would share. Haeri could feel her cheek was on fire, her heartbeat was uncontrollable and the soft touch of Baekhyun sent flutter all over her body. Baekhyun’s gentleness made everything one hundred times better than the fact that she was kissing a man she had no feeling for.

When the frenzied shriek was all over the place, Haeri thought that a sweet plump lips would - at least -  brush against hers. But instead of feeling those soft cherries,  she felt a slight rough surface was pressing against her lips. She abruptly opened her eyes in surprise, only to see that Baekhyun’s face was opened just an inch infront her, their forehead almost meeting each other. His eyes were calm and unfathomable.

But different from what she expected, Baekhyun clearly put the barrier against her lips with his right thumb, using her long wavy hair to hid the fact that their lips were not even touching. After a good three second her lips were pressing against his thumb, Baekhyun finally let go, leaving her utterly speechless and unmoving. Just a perfect reaction for a girl who just had a kiss, albeit she really wasn’t. Her pulse were all over the place as she stared through Baekhyun once again, whose thumb now rubbing her lips. But what strucked her the most was how loving and tender Baekhyun’s eyes were.

“You owe me one kiss, okay?” He huskily whispered and completely let her go, sitting back on his place. Haeri finally claimed back her own consciousness and coughed, even though she could still feel the raging heat sticking all over her body. It was minutes of craze, how her world turned upside down just because one simple game.

“I know everyone’s thrilled, but still the game must go on.” Sehun teasingly chuckled, wriggling his eyebrows to the blushing Baekhyun. Baekhyun was baffled of the new-founded bravery just now. Somehow, his sense was completely out of the place when he could feel her blushing cheek, her lovely eyes and her silk-smooth wavy hair. It was astounding how much a girl could affect a man, by just being herself.

After Sora was claimed as the second king, it was Chanyeol’s turn. He withdrew a card, took a glance before letting out an evil laugh. Everyone was tensed, as he spun the card.

“Another six, everybody.” Sehun gloomily said, but Chanyeol couldn’t care less with the unwelcoming tone of his. He turned his face to the youngest and showed him the evilest, scariest, most eerie smirk that the man could have ever seen.

“I, deeply apologized in advance.” Chanyeol’s eyes were shifted to the girl on Sehun’s left, an unconvincing smile was shown. Sehun bit his lips when he saw that menacing smile of Chanyeol. Sehun was more than certain that something terrible would happen soon. “It’s our first meeting yet everything had to go this way.”

“Hyung! I swear to God-“

“I challenge Tara-sshi, to arouse one of the guy in the room.” Gasps were heard everywhere.

“Chanyeol-ah, that’s not how you do it.” Suho warned Chanyeol, but the latter couldn’t care less.

“The game was lacking in fun, hyung.” Chanyeol turned his challanging eyes to the girl. “And as you know, you have to drink six shot if you can’t. I am terribly sorry to use you, Tara-sshi. Because I really, really want to teach someone sitting in this room a lesson.”

It was opened to everyone’s eye that who Chanyeol meant was Sehun. Sehun threw his gaze elsewhere, feeling a gush of despise was rising on his chest. He shifted his eyes to the girl beside him, who was clearly amidst a war with her own self. It pained Sehun how the girl was involved in their own, childish game.

But what Sehun didn’t even thought about was the bet they agreed on just two hours ago. Tara already consumed seven shot, and still counting. Her right-sense was more and less present and she wasn’t sure if she could handle another six shot. But, the burning determination that she won’t lose to Sehun were staking on her mind, making her ten times sure of her own choice.

She had to accept the challenge.

“Okay.” She agreed, trying to sound firm and unnerved. In her mind, she was trying hard to dig on her memory about the club her friend had forced her to go when she was still living in Canada. But when she was about to stand up, a strong hand held her back to sit down.

“Sit back!” Sehun lowly growled, his eyes were clawing against Chanyeol. “Stop it, hyung. It’s not funny. She doesn’t have anything to do with me, you don’t have to use her.”

“ She’s not affiliated to you, but don’t you think you’re worrying to much about her?” Chanyeol smiled, clearly intrigued of the youngest. He wasn’t about to remember it again, but the memory about his love who was clearly having hots for the maknae was finding it’s way back on his mind, excavating the old memory he had forced to bury. Just replaying the refusal Chora complied weeks ago opened the hurted flesh on his heart once again. “And by the way, supported by the last rule I made as a king before, first one grabbing their crotch lose. Okay?”

“Stop.” Chora stopped the angered man who was ready to fight back. “I can do this.”

If the guys were at their right sense, they would immediately shut up and tried to be unaffected. But the alcohol was clearly on the main go as they were not hiding the excited squeal and shout when the brunette was teasing them, with an awkward suave of her body. They didn’t even mind the glare Sehun was shooting them, as they continue to cheer on the guys.

The only one not affected was clearly, Kai.

He was about to forget the event, he really did. But the sight of Baekhyun’s lips sensually moving against Haeri’s keep coming back was out of his control. He clearly was not against the two, but he didn’t feel good either. He  did not feel any excitement like Sehun or Suho who was spinning their clothes, festiving about the kiss of the two. He was confused of his own self. He should feel good about the two.

What happened to him?

When Baekhyun softly took her close and mumbled a few incoherent whisper to her ear, he felt somehow tensed. He intented to cheer or them or at least put on a thin smile, but something was holding him back and put a poker face on instead. Kai wanted to see every little movements of their lips colliding against each other, but Haeri’s hair was preventing any outsider to see, and it made him frustrated. Deeply, deeply, frustrated.

There has got to be something wrong with him.

“Hey, Kai! You don’t want to check on my cousin? She’s hoooot~” The absolutely drunk Haeri who was cooing happily with her drink swinging in the air. Kai rolled his eyes in disbelief. Wow, he couldn’t believe that the drunk idiot can affect him that much. “Oh, I forgot! You have Soojung that’s why, right?”

Soojung.

The name literally relaxed Kai’s tensed muscle. That’s why. He must be missing Soojung too much, that’s why his body was acting confusing.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter