9,80665

Fighting Gravity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The ride back home was, utterly silence. It was nothing but the sound of the heater, and their breath colliding against each other. Due to the recent event that occured just now, neither Kai nor Haeri even had the courage to look each other by the eyes. And Kai couldn’t loathe himself more more letting his inner feeling off the hook.

The cold silence was ripped by the sound of Haeri’s ringtone. She quickly tapped it on and read it.

“Who is that?” Kai softly asked, even though he was still torn into two about whether he would stay silent or not. One thing he knew that the silence can’t go on any longer or he would go crazy.

“It’s Luhan.” Haeri answered, and Kai had to look to see her true expression—which turned out to be flat and unnerved. “He said that the dress fitting for bridesmaid is tomorrow afternoon and I should attend.”

“Oh.” He nodded and threw his vision back to roads. The sound inside his mind was screaming for him to say something. “I’ll take you tomorrow to the place, okay?

“Really? But y-you must be busy, I can just—“

“No, you’re coming with me and that’s finale.” Kai sent her a meaningul grin. And something about her everything made he really wanted to say something that he had wanted Haeri to understand. “I said it, didn’t I? Don’t leave my side ever again. I really mean it.”

Hearing his silk-soft words and honest black gleaming eyes made Haeri’s cheek inevitably turned rosy. How could a girl not? Kai said it so heart-melting and deep that her heart might burst out right now. If anything they were only sweet nothing, Haeri begged herself not to take it one too deep.

“And even many of them had already said it, I just want to be he last to say this.”

“You look really beautiful tonight, Haeri-ya.” Kai breathed out, sending her that one smile that could just light up the whole world. There was nothing he want more other than her to feel his sincerity. His hardwork. His effort.

How can you do this to me? You’re so damn confusing, Kai.

*

Tomorrow went pretty usual. Nothing worth telling happened, except the part when Kai was nowhere to be seen after the minute they parted on the parking area of school. Haeri was wondering if his promise to take her to dress fitting was still available, but still she trusted Kai wouldn’t abandon her just like that—even though there was no valid reason, it was only according to her own feeling.

Class ended, as the student quickly packed their books and ran out of class even before the teacher walked out. After tidying her book, Haeri slided her phone to see if there were some message left by Kai, maybe letting her know that he had been waiting.

But, none. Haeri sighed and picked her bag and walked out of the vacant classroom.

She waited right infront of the school, but there was no sign of his distinctive red porsche anywhere near. “Did he forget?” Haeri mumbled while checking her phone, but still no notification from her waited one.

“Jerk.” Haeri spat as she stood of her seat, feeling like an idiot over believing the devil. Time was running out, especially her patience. “Haeri you’re and idiot. Why did you even let yourself believe the devil could be an angel?"

“Heyo!”

Haeri turned her vision, only to spot the light brown haired man, sitting inside his own fancy car—a ferrari—showing his pearly whites in a grin. Haeri tilted her head, before advancing to the lad.

“Kai told me to pick you up for the fitting, since he had something urgent to do. Yeah, I am taking you there.”

“I should’ve known.” Haeri muttered with a hint of disappointment while walking around the car to the passenger seat. She was inevitably angry, but it was rather pointed to herself. Why would she get so emotional about the matter? Not like she expected he to be so generous and kind. There was no way someone could change within a day, and she should never expect.

Yesterday meant nothing.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Sehun called, noticing that the girl hand been frowning with her hand rapidly punching the bag laid on her lap. Pretty girls had tempers, that’s for sure.

“Nothing. A little suggestion, next time, just don’t get a girl’s hope too high when you’ll end up being a disappointment.” Haeri was crude, and she knew it. Especially when Sehun was commiting no sin, and was there to help. She was sorry, but still couldn't help it. Something about Kai triggered her emotion, and she refused to know the reason.

Seeing how wrathful Haeri was, Sehun didn’t proceed to say anything. Talking to indignant woman was never on of his specialty.

*

When Sehun arrived at the destination, Haeri scornfully hopped off after muttering a small thank you. Without any glance, she walked inside the building, leaving Sehun still befuddled inside his car. He swore not to make Haeri angry, ever again. The sight of her was pretty horrifying.

“I swear she was more than furious. Kai, you’re dead.” Sehun shook his head while tapping his speed dial to the said guy.

Kai picked up after two beep of waiting. “You’re dead. Haeri looked like she was ready to hunt you down to your worst nightmare, Kai.”

“! What should I do? I’m still setting up the dinner, you know. I just have to do this the right way.” Kai ruffled his hair in frustation. He had been searching for the best view of sunset around Seoul, where he would take Haeri and a lovely dinner, serenade by the sound of a natural orchestra and delicacies, that kind of cheesy stuffs men do. But it seemed like an obstacle—a pretty big one, to add—had popped along his way toward the desired plan of taking her for a wonderful dinner.

Not that he would like to confess his undefined emotion towards her. He just felt like he had done her so many wrongs that he had to say sorry in some kind of way.

“Well good luck, man. Seething girl was never at men’s favour. I wish you’re still in one piece by tomorrow. “

“I hope so.” Kai nodded, calling of the call. He looked down to the table which he had reserved. It was actually the best spot to relish the magnificent sunset—not to mention, beside a beach. May the event he had purposed could make the girl feel any better about him.

*

The dress fitting went a little faster than expected, so there Haeri was, standing on the front of the building with nowhere to go. Not that she could go home alone—she didn’t know where she was even standing. By then, she regretted being sulky and not even paying attention to where they were heading. Well, it was all too late for regret.

Haeri considered calling Tara, but upon realizing that Tara wasn’t too familiar to the city to begin with, she decided to call it off. By then, she seriously needed to do something useful other than biting her nails.

“Hey, I didn’t know you’re still here.”

Haeri simultaneously snapped her head to the familiar voice, which belonged to the one and only, Luhan. Her heart inadvertently skipped a beat, seeing how her doe eyes slowly blinking in evident surprise. Oh God, how could she move on? His endearing, lovely smile clearly wasn’t helping at all cost.

“Y-yeah.” Once again, Haeri felt the need to fix her drained countenance. Truth to be told, she was begging for him not to leave. She was scared to be left alone, bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter