9,80665

Fighting Gravity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai's P.OV

 

I clammed my palm over my head, harshly ruffled my damped hair with a mini towel. I thought after a cool shower I just had, some of the heat of anger mixed with worry would be washed away, but it’s not even lessening the emotion a least bit. Somehow, every words of Haeri would stream back inside of my mind, and I would be gritting my teeth at her reprehensible behavior. But once I realized that my choice of words wasn’t proper to begin with, I felt an immediate guilt flooding all over me. I should have not said that, particularly the ‘I never wanted to date you’ thing. Now that I thought about it all over again, that does sound mean and - Gosh! She’s a girl, for God’s sake! That venomous sentence would be a great bash on her confidence. She might even cry, for God knows...

! Do I even have something I can do right?! I was so damn angered by my own rudeness. More to the possibilty that seeing me would even bring a lot of pain to her, the tomorrow’s date surely won’t go as smooth as it should be. There’s even a bigger chance that she might abhore if she were to see me again. And no doubt that Sehun would peel me with no mercy if he caught that I affront his precious little princess. I was surely a dead meat.

“You’re ed up, Kai..” I huffed in annoyance, shifted my arm to prevent the blinding ray of the light bulb. I should’ve think how much headache those sentence would cause me. I should’ve known. But of course, nothing could ease the throbbing pain on my head. One last hope was to sleep it away.

As my eyelids were closed, my phone chimed. With a low growl I shifted into green display, not even looking at the caller. “Hello?” I half hissed, not even hiding the fact that I was indeed, in a bad mood.

“Kai?”

The first feeling I felt was a flood of relief washing my head like a cool breeze. But what came after that, was a tight clench of my heart. I couldn’t bear if she were to say something hurtful, like how obnoxious I was for what I’ve said. How bad the mean words I say had affect her in any bad ways. No, I could only hope for anything but that.

“I’ve been thinking, ..” Haeri breathed doubtfully, and I couldn’t even respirate with the expectation of what’s coming after her sentence.  “And came to a realization that you were right. Sorry for being such a . I know that it was so selfish and self-centered of me to think lightly of the date. I won’t do it again.”

“Huh?” I mumbled, completely witless of my possibly mind-made apology. Was it true or was I hearing things? Did I really wanted to hear it now that I imagined it?

“I apologize! Sorry, okay? I’m not repeating again.” She repeated with less sincere than before. But it was enough to take the ache which had been undermining my head. I could suddenly feel the lightness on my shoulder. A wide smile was even too difficult to restrain. “You were such a jackass too, tho. Saying that I never wanted to date you was unscrupolous. hurts.” She grunted and a frown of complete regret involuntarily formed on my lips.

“Sorry for that too. That wasn’t gentleman of me. I shouldn’t say that to a girl. More to a girl like you.” I remorsefully apologized, slipping a little bit of mischevous words inside.

“You should repair that rotten behavior of yours, then.” She replied wickedly, and I somehow could clearly form her mischevous grin inside my mind.

“Hey, no copying infringement.”

“By the way, I have an idea. Since the party started at 8, we can go on the date on 5 or 6, grab food or just have the normal date. After that, we should go to the party at Suho’s.”

“That’s what my idea too. I was about to say that.” I shamelessly said with hands unconciously forming stars up in the air, pointing up to the ceiling.

“Yeah, right.” She snickered, and a short laugh came out from my lips. “Well, see ya tomorrow!”

Without even waiting for my response, she uncourteously cut the call off. “Hey. Hello?” I asked and looked at the red display of my phone. I snarled before slamming the poor phone on my night-stand, closing my eyes tight with an unknown delight caged inside of my heart.

“Damn rude.”

Suddenly, a knock was heard on my door. I indolently groaned, let out an incoherent sound as a ‘come in’. Even I actually was too lazy to even meet anyone living in this damn mansion, with no exception. I’ve come to a fact that nobody in this house clearly had another reason to maintain the family relation beside business, because all I saw, his house was just a shelter from rain or snow. No more, no less.

“Kai.”

I turned my head, only to find Luhan whose head were the only thing shown behind the mahogany door. I rose my left eyebrows as he continue.

“I’ve kept this belongings of Haeri for too long already, I think. You have a date with her tomorrow, right? Then give it to her.” Luhan put a purse on my desk placed beside the door. I immediately straighten up my posture.

"Where'd you get that?"

"Long time ago, I think. I even wonder If she still needed it." Luhan chuckled. I still eyed him, questioning. "Oh, last meeting when fled off the meeting. I brought them."

“Why didn’t you give it to her? You were with her this afternoon.” I questioned as Luhan looked me back with a confused eyes.

“You know?” His so-called doe eyes were widened. “By the way, I don’t know she would join my class. If I knew, I would have bring it. She might need it, who knows.”

“She would have been happier if you gave it to her directly.” I whispered below my breath, but to Luhan's ear, it was just an incoherent mumble. “Huh?”

“Nothing!” I answered, a little bit to loud and fast from my likings. “Okay. I’ll give it to her. Now go away.”

Luhan soughed before closing the door. I once again plopped my body back to bed.

Even if she would love it more from Luhan, but she would still grateful, right? At least she can get her belongings sooner.

*

Haeri’s P.O.V

 

I closed the phone call, heaving a loud breath. Wow, that call went easier than what I clearly imagined before. I was expecting an outburst, or maybe he kept on being a jackass and still wouldn’t let the matter pass. I even had some witty reply noted down, in case of emergency. Well, even though Kai wasn’t being a jackass, he even apologized. Should I feel flattered?

“What I said? These things are ridiculous, you idiot.” Tara wittily scolded while waving the embarassing notes of witty responses. “I am sure this Kai you were talking about wouldn’t be as bad as what you had descripted.” She rolled her eyes meanwhile I shrugged innocently.

“I don’t know, okay? He was still an . Maybe today he got warned by an angel to do something right unless-“

“You're unbelievable!” She knocked my head with her balled fist fractiously. I groaned loudly while a clear pout was formed on my face.

“It hurts!” I groaned while messaging the area she just whacked.

“I don’t care. You deserve that for judging him too soon.” She responsed with a careless grin. “For all God knows he might be your husband, you know? Start thinking about any possibility that Luhan might be with Soojung and you’d be Kai’s. Everything is possible.” She smiled cunningly as I shuddered on the thoughts.

“It’s too scary to imagine. No, I could never imagine it goes that way.” I closed my eyes, trying to repel the scary thoughts far, far away. It’s too scary to imagine it. “It wouldn’t right? Kai had this epiphany that Soojung is rightfully his and so am I. I got the feeling that Luhan would be mine. Nothing would change.” I tried to smile and looked at her with certainty, but I knew better that I did it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter