a-b-c-d-e-f-g

Fighting Gravity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai's P.O.V

 

"Do you - somehow - had feelings, towards Haeri?”

“What the are you talking about?” I scoffed, albeit the echoes of my leaping heart were the only sound audible to my ear. “Are you drunk, hyung?” I tried to act leisure and unbothered, even though the fact was the opposite.

“I heard everything, about yesterday.” Kyungsoo still won’t let the matter go. I bit my mouth insides, waiting for him to continue. “About the date you are going to have later this day. What the are you thinking about, Kai? Have ever thought about those dates and how it would affect exo?”

“I know that, okay? Stop making things harder, hyung.” Once again, Kyungsoo had proved that he knew me a lot more than I thought, now that he know that I was indeed lying. So I put down the facade and just told him everything. But still, I left some crucial events, like how fond the every bits of my body on Soojung. And how infatuated Haeri was with Luhan. I drew a fine line that there would absolutely, nothing going on between Haeri and I, except the fact that we were the character of this game of dictators.

“Then it’s not you.” Kyungsoo nodded after I sorted all of his question and suspicion. As a legitimate successor himself, he completely understood the consequences and hardship for holding the title. “I know it’s inevitable, but when are you planning to tell the other exo? You can't hide it forever.”

“I don’t think I could tell them now. I can not just tell them out of nowhere and made a complete mess.”

“But of course you can’t give them short notice, Kai. Especially Baekhyun. It’s actually the first time he moved on from the past and human could only take that much. I don’t want him to crumble again.” Kyungsoo whispered, but I could hear nearly everything. And that, once again literally stabbed my heart with a sharp knifepoint. It turned out that the dark past, no matter how hard I tried to let it go and live without it, it had to be dragged all the way here.

“Okay. I’ll try to let him down easy.” I conveyed, even if I was trapped in the dark. After the incident happened between me and Baekhyun, we - understandably - drifted apart. Arguably, that was the hardest hardship that exo had ever encountered. We were hormonal and egoistic, thinking only about our pride and it almost break exo apart. And even though everything was finally sorted out and eveyrything seemed normal, until the second, the tense was definitely still lingering between Baekhyun and I. It’s ineluctable to feel that way.

“Hyung, can you please give this to Haeri? Tell him that’s from Luhan.” I handed him the mini purse and quickly walked out of the vacant hallway to avoid any more questions. Kyungsoo’s muffled voice was heard behind me, but it was all too late. Because now, my eyes had met that one man standing in the hall’s center, eyes filled with disapproval and disappointment.

“Kai, Missing class! Detention!”

*

Haeri’s P.O.V

 

I laid my stomach on the bed, my left hands were still cluthing on the phone that I just had received from Kyungsoo this afternoon. My memory threw in another flashback that took place just few hours ago.

“Haeri!”

School had finally finished. I looked back to the man sprinting all the way to my spot, and it turned out to be Kyungsoo. “Kai..gave this to me... to give it to you.” He was still out of breath and I took the purse from his grasp.

Before I could ask him questions, he was the first to speak again. “Well, since I have delivered the order, might as well go. That pain in the arse, Sehun, had seized me to be his lackey for tonight’s preparation. See you later!” He put a harried smile and continued his journey. I once again diverted my gaze to the purse sitting on my hand.

“Wasn’t this with Soojung?”

“He must have taken it from Soojung.” I peered the opened purse on my bed. Yes, it must be it. But why would Soojung give it to Kai? I knew this sense of insecurity of Soojung whenever I was in the picture with someone she feel fond with. After the childish event that took place years ago happened, me and Soojung's relationship  was way worse than acquitances. We were no doubt, enemies.

“It’s already 6, Kai. What the hell are you doing?” I groaned and sank my face on the fluffy pillow. The casual outfits I had picked for the date was settled on the bed, yet Kai was not close to even appearing for the date.

“Maybe, he actually planned on cancelling them.” I immediately sat up and nodded to my assumption. “Yeah, that must be it.  That ! I should’ve-”

“Miss.” A knock on the door halt my thoughts before it was opened, showing one of the servant’s head peeking from the little crack. “Your friend has come. I have told him to wait, but he was not really-“

“Yah, Park Haeri.” The door immediately wide opened, showing the one jackass that had been in my complains. I was about to throw him some snarky comments, but his physical appearance from head to toe was too overwhelming that it halt all of my movements. With a face that looked like it hasn’t been washed since last year, couple stain of dirt was clearly visible at his worned out jeans and shabby sneakers, he was not the metroual Kai everyone used to know.

“This maybe would be the weirdest thing that you would ever hear.” He halt to breath.  “Let me borrow your bathroom.”

*

After half an hour Kai had wasted to scrub his mighty body - might as well just say what he said - both of us agreed to take the date on a simple fast food feast. It was already 7 when we arrived at Lotteria near Suho’s place.

“Don’t you think you have some explaining to do?” I grumbled after ordering, slumping my body on the seat. “You don’t know how long I have been waiting for your to show up.”

“Hey, it wasn’t all my fault, okay? I got a detention.” He rested his head on the table, voice was muffled. “And that sick detention bastard forced me to clean the ed up backstages. Alone. Traffic jam was inevitable too.”

“You should’ve called me. That’s why you gave the purse back, right?” I rolled my eyes, but Kai immediately straighten his posture, his face was somehow at daze.

“How do you know that? It’s supposed to be a secret!”

“What secret?” I sarcastically chuckled, when I felt the automatic reminder on the table was vibrating. I stood up to receive the foods.

“Aissh. It must be Kyungsoo! Yah, it’s from Luhan, okay? That, now scream of joy.” Kai groaned while unwrapping his burger. I carped at his childish statement.  “You’re phone is vibrating.” He reminded and I quickly answered it.

“Hello?”

“Hey, are you actually planning to invite me or not?!” Tara’s booming voice was heard on the other line that I instinctively had to distanced the object. “It’s been half past seven. Should I come or not? Tell me straight!”

“You have to come!” I ranted right away. Tara has to come! So then when appa asked me where I had been, I had a convincing witness to dispel his worry and suspicion right away. Well, I won't lie. I really did use her. “I’ll tell my friend to pick you up, okay? Apootootat, you’re coming!” I quickly cut the call and put Sehun’s number right away.

“Sehun-ah~” I cooed and detected a faint chuckle on the other line.

“What is it? Don’t tell me that you’re not coming! I swear to God Haeri, if you give me last minute notice-“ Sehun hissed and I cut him right away.

“Sehun-ah, It’s not that. I want to come. I really do. But I don’t have any transportation, and-“

“I am on it.”

Before I could answer,  the call was immediately cut off. I softly giggled at his keen action to keep me present on his precious night. I was deeply touched at his silly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter