RED

Fighting Gravity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Exactly five minutes after changing her stage outfit of fiery red crop tops - which according to Luhan,was a bit too revealing for his liking - and a black baggy pants to her usual outfit, Soojung sprinted to Luhan side, her cheek was rosing in crimson red and  a shy smile. That unknowingly triggered all of his inside to just melt down.

They were waiting for each other to speak as they both seeing each other eye-through-eye. Seeing that words won’t be start by Luhan first, Soojung faked a cough and frowned to the wordless guy.

“You’re not saying anything. Did I do bad?”

She knew better that Luhan would say that she’s great. But instead of boasting that it was because she really knew she did great, it was simply because Luhan distictively clapped after her stages. But she couldn’t wonder but to be worried, was it all just a consolation prize from him? Did his point of view changed because of that performance? Or too unappropriate and cheap was what Luhan thought about her moves? She knew that some of the routine may included shake or body swaying, but she was sure she did not to make it too sensual or anything.

“I am afraid if I say anything I would just blabber and tell how great you are.”

How sincere Luhan sounded really brought Soojung to an endless happiness. She felt flattered and amazing, that someone as high and mighty as Luhan could look pass her ugliness, her rotten behavior, her childish acts, and supported what she likes to do.

Seeing how unmoving Soojung was, Luhan smiled in edginess and couraged himself to take her slowly by hand. And he - somehow - did just that.

“You are great.” Luhan charmingly smiled and took Soojung away from her busy thoughts. She couldn’t help but to smile back. “I would love to hang out, but it’s already ten. I think I should take you home.”

“It’s just ten, what’s the rush?” Soojung chuckled while enjoying the feeling of her knuckles softly rubbing against his rough thumbs. It succesfully sent her to her own edge, working hard to keep her composed. “Are you scared going out on night?” She teased as the man softly shook his head sideways and stared into her eyes with gentle written all over it.

“I promised to myself I’ll take you home before ten. It’s not appropriate to still take an underage in going out on nights.”

“Hey, I’m eighteen already!” She pouted before the guy scoffed, but followed his steps anyway. Both of them stopped when Kwang popped out of nowhere, right in front of them. Stopping their both hurried step.

“Where are you guys going? It’s still ten!” Kwang smiled - or more like flirting - to Luhan, not minding to turn his sight to the girl whom was rolling her eyes. Maybe instead of protecting Luhan from s nearing, Kwang took their job instead.“Our Soojung usually stay even until one-- Ouch! That seriously hurts!” Kwang rubbed his pained tummy which was successfully met Soojung’s clenched fist.

“We’re going.” Soojung wryly said and pushed Luhan to the door before he could say his goodbye. Fortune not on their side, it was heavily raining. The street was muddy and wet, and adding the fact that Luhan’s car was not even parked near, Luhan heaved a heavy breath of frustration.

“What now?” Soojung asked with a louder voice which was easily swallowed by the blinding sounds of rain. It was retorical to ask if any of them brought any umbrella or object to prevent from the tearing sky.Luhan was silenced for a minute before out of Soojung’s expectation, he ed his shirt. He seriously ed his shirt!

“What are you doing?!” Soojung shouted, feeling scared of the man’s unpredictable movement. She was embarassed, shy and confused at the same time. What was he planning? Now Soojung had to look away, even if - truth to be told - she was watching him on the tail of her eye. Watching how appealed with the gestures, she suddenly felt the uncontrollable heat radiating to every bits of her body.

Soojung was ignored with the fact that Luhan kept on moving his hands against the button. Now the shirt was successfully detached from Luhan’s body, and - more to disappointment of Soojung’s wild imagination of Luhan’s torso - he wore a filmsy black wifebeater that - luckily - shaped the form of packs on it.

“Take this.” He ordered, offering the shirt to Soojung. She doubtfully took it with an arched eyebrow of his plan. Detacting the confusion over his sudden acts, Luhan took the shirt and carefully tucked it on Soojung’s head to prevent the rain.

 “Let’s get you home. One, two, three, RUN!”

Without Soojung’s consent - she was still in haze - Luhan took her hand and dragged her against the heavy rain, not minding how soaked they were even for quick two steps below the rain. Soojung squealed of surprise quarter way to the car, but she finally laughed when Luhan looked back to check on her condition with a large smile.

“You’re crazy!” She shouted on the top of her lung, and somehow, behind the booming sound of rain, he could palpably hear them like the side of his ear. He replied with a loud guffaw, loving the way she sound and smile. She was so free and unencumbered, just like a little girl. A pretty, little girl with a smile that could light up the universe. The answer to his question. The key to his lock.

The ending to his story.

He wasn’t even sure how he could be so sure.

But nothing and no one would give you certainty. Sometimes, you had to take the leap of faith and believe that no matter how wrong your choice would go, you would never regret to take the path. Everything that doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, they said. And they were right. Every mistakes and wrong decisions would only teach us to grow up and learn from it.

And no matter how wrong it sounded, but if Soojung was a wrong decision, she’d be the sweetest mistake he’d ever make.

Flashback off..

“You’re really falling for this girl..” Minseok whispered, more to herself. Luhan nodded with a widespread smile, bragging his pearly whites.

“I really do, Minseok-ah.” He nodded with certainty written all over his face. His eyes were burned with determination. “I can not found another feeling other than being with her. I can’t. I just can’t imagine being with another woman other than her.”

“She’s my one. I am sure of that.”

“Cool. So, are you gonna marry this girl or what?” Minseok smiled teasingly, but it disappeared after Luhan’s dreamy smile turned upside down by hearing his question .

“I still got one date with another girl.” Luhan halted his sentence, a faint frown formed on his lips. “But you know what? I felt bad.”

“I just know that this date would only hurt her, if she had any feelings for me.” Luhan bitterly smiled, his eyes filled with worry and pity. His head hung low to his lap. “I am not sure. But I think it would be so mean if I still have a date with her. Especially not that I know that this feeling of mine won’t change.”

“So, you think this girl has a feeling for you?” Minseok asked slowly but sure. Luhan looked up, before heaving a deep, consumed breath once again. “Are you sure, man? Cause it could be just your feeling or anything alike.” Not that Minseok doubt the man’s charm over girls - he even knew really well why girls love him - but Luhan could get the wrong idea either. It might only be a friendly gesture from the girl - which in fact, was wrong.

Haeri was like a sister figure to him. She was clumsy, lovely, maybe the one that every man would like. Everytime he looked at Haeri, he hated to see her to cry or sad, only by the reason that he had a brotherly affection to her. Luhan might not have a least experience in love, but he was not too stupid either to miss out when someone was having something with him. By the way she act and smile around him, he just got the feeling of her possesing an emotion towards him.

He felt bad.

Cause he knew that he couldn’t love her the way she loved him.

“I hope you’re right. I really do.”

*

Tara rapidly blinked her eyes because of the blinding ray of  streaking through the window. She groaned with the thoughts of waking up, more to add with the little hangover she got from last night.  But just when she was about to shift to the other side of the bed, a strong arm was holding her from even moving. She suddenly felt alarmed and opened the huge blanket of Suho’s, only to find it was indeed, Sehun’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter