9,80665

Fighting Gravity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai loosened his tie, sighing after a meeting that fortunately ended sooner than expected. All that he knew that he had no reason whatsoever to be grateful, since all coming afterwards was the creepy feeling of loneliness.

Kai walked inside his own office, sat on his usual chair, and swiveled to let the view of the wonderful Seoul calm his unknown feeling of nervous. He sighed, knowing that being alone would only lead him to misery. He convinced himself to turn back, looking to the stack of files needed to be finished as soon as possible. Those pieces of would keep him from drowned in misery. But instead of starting to stuff his face on the documents, he reached for a baseball inside a transparent box which was placed on his desk, and a slow memory start to invade his mind.

 

New York, Two years ago...

Going to a late honeymoon was everything he could have asked for. Being alone with Haeri, having a full right to own her and her everything without the disturbance of work was sure a heavenly feeling he had to devour as efficient as possible. Haeri built a space for him inside her private zone, and he could not be anymore grateful. Unfortunately, the wonderful trip would end very soon, so he knew that he had to make their last day a good one.

Haeri’s idea was to spend their last day on Empire State Building or Times Square for another session of shopping, but Kai begged her to go to a baseball match he had always wanted to watch. The debate was pretty heated, but with the great help of a coin, they went to Kai’s way of watching a baseball match.

“I know this is a mistake. Why would anyone watch a match only to be stricken by sunshine, flooded with sweat and touching another people?” Haeri complained, keeping her jacket to protect her skin from burning from the heat. Kai shook his head, then placed his own hat on her. Kai knew that an argument would started if he start to complain about her complaining, so he fought the fire with a cold water of his charming attitude.

“I know how much you hate being out in the crowd, but you would do this for me, huh babe?”

Knowing how happy and devoted Kai to be there, Haeri had no choice but to nod and smile. “If this make you this happy, than I will be no burden.” She tiptoed and gave Kai a soft kiss. Kai laughed with a satisfaction of succeeded in guilt-tripping his lovely wife.

While Kai was busy watching the game, Haeri tried to do as well but she failed to do so. The game made no sense to her, and she didn’t want to disturb him by asking how the game worked. So, she ended up snuggling on his arms, which he gladly recieved. Feeling her streak of beutiful scent was already sending Kai on his edge. Oh, how much he loved the girl beside him.

On the break, she was wanting to do some mischief on Kai—like biting his ear, not in a naughty way—but  suddenly the crowd’s eyes were staring at the both of them and Haeri went red like she was caught doing something terrible. Turned out, the infamous kiss cam were on them.

“Oh-oh.” Haeri awkwardly let go of Kai. She never knew that something alike would happen to her. She was going to shrug the cheer and disappear right away, when suddenly Kai kneeled before her, inviting the cheer and shout of the people on the arena.

“I know I haven’t formally done this to you, and I want to do this once again.” Kai softly chuckled seeing how flabbergasted Haeri was, and how cute she looked. “I want to be that person whose face you wake up to every morning. I want to be that person you grow up with. I want us to be forever, and I want to be yours until death do us apart.”

Haeri’s mind went completely blank, and she lost her ability to talk. Her hands were trembling. But without her consent, Kai softly reached for her lips, where the both of them was drowned on the soft touch of their significant one, colored by the cheering crowd.

 

Kai felt her head went dizzy. The sudden flashback was too much to handle that he didn’t have any power to resist the huge feeling on his chest. Why? Why did the universe had to seperate him from his one, the only one he wanted to be with, the only one he wanted to have, the only one he wanted to spend the rest of his life with? Why did the fate had to be so cruel on them?

“Kai!”

Kai was taken off his mind, and it turned ot to be Luhan. He cleared his throat, gaining his composure. “ever heard the word knock?” He intended the sarcasm. Luhan sat on the seat without Kai’s permission, and the office’s owner rolled his eyes.

“I knocked like a million times but you didn’t hear me. So I took it as a ‘yes, Luhan. Do come in.’ ”

Kai rolled his eyes, trying to look as if he had been doing any work instead of being all blue on his almost-failed marriage. “Why are you here?” Kai was nonchalant about Luhan’s presence, before he whispered a name that triggered all of his insides.

“I met Haeri on my business trip to Japan.”

Kai could not deny that his heart skipped a beat at the sound of her name. “Is s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter