9,80665

Fighting Gravity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You

It was already afternoon when Soojung walked the path from her mansion to the nearest convinience store on the neighborhood. The fever she possesed - fortunately - had cooled down. She then managed to sneak out to buy some of her favourite banana milk, for which was never been on her list of her drink on the time she was sick.

“Damn, my body’s so damn stiff.” She crumbled, trying to scretch out her body. Laying on bed for night and day had never been one on her schedule, hence the weary body.

After arriving at the called supermarket, she scrambled in and nearly threw the few left of banana milk inside her basket, not forgetting one cup of her favourite Shin ramyun. Being in diet for like half of her life, she missed the spice of the beloved ramyun, and decided to detach her rule for just one day.

After paying some bills to the cashier, she put the things she just bought on the table and slumped her body on the plastic chair. As she waited her ramyun to be fully ready to be eaten, she rested her forehead on the cold metal of desk, closing her eyes tight. It had been one thing that she usually do on her old days, when her life was million times easier than now.

Suddenly, drops of hard rain started to invade her hearing. She suddenly straighten out, only to see someone standing on the other side of the mirror wall, his shirt and hair soaked wet. But still, it couldn’t conceal how relieved and blithesome he was.

It was Luhan.

Soojung instinctively jumped out of her seat and neared the mirror, mouthing questions to the guy.

What are you doing here?

Luhan smiled charmingly and swept aside his damped wet bang.

I’m here to see you.

Soojung instinctively scrambled out, not even minding to pick the food and beverages she just bought. One thing that was going inside his mind was Luhan and how much an idiot he was for still standing under the heavy rain.

“What are you doing here? You want to catch the cold?!” She scolded the guy, taking him by the hand inside of the heated market. Taking the old seat - which was placed beside the heater, she placed him nearest side of it. Deep inside, she was angry that Luhan was not taking care of himself. For some odd, indefinable reason, the thoughts of a sick Luhan sickened her everything.

But instead of showing a sign of regret, the man smiled instead. For which completely angered the worried Soojung.

“A smile still come out?!” She nearly shouted, only if the cashier wasn’t already throwing dirty looks to both of them. “How can you be so reckless? What if you catch a cold? Don’t you think that far before running through the Goddamn rain?!”

“I want to hug you so much.”

Those words of his zipped Soojung’s frowning lips into a tight line. Suddenly, her heart was quivering for the heartfelt confession. It didn’t need a genius to detect how intense Luhan’s eyes were thrown for her.

“But I’m afraid you’ll catch more cold than you already are, so I wont.”

For more odd reason, one thing she wanted to do the most was to kiss drops of rain falling down through the side of his face. But, she couldn’t afford to do so and changed it for her hand instead.

Soojung slowly placed her thumbs to the side of his face, sweeping the drops. She was about to let go as Luhan agilely placed his large hand against her petite one. The latter slowly close his eyes and tilted his head to her direction.

“It’s so calming.” He breathed calmly, not knowing how hitched her breath already was. He never knew a woman’s hand - other than his mom - to have such an effect on him.

“Can’t we stay this way forever?”


*


For an adjacent length of time, Soojung found herself sitting inside of her bedroom, listening the vague sound of her shower , along with the simple hum of Escape by Rupert Holmes, by the guy. It was crazy how both of them ended up inside her house, with him inside of the bathroom she used nearly everyday. To think about it once more, her heartbeat wouldn’t cease, not even a little.


“This is madness.” She muttered, deci

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter