9,80665

Fighting Gravity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twilight

Even though Kai had revived his wild driving skill that had put Haeri to her edge, they were still tardy to the scheduled time, and the sun had ready to finish its job. Rather than spending the sunset on the road, Kai had decided to pull over, even when there was only around two kilometers before they arrived in the destinated location. Sunset was the main highlight of the surprise, and he just could not miss the main event.

“I was planning a beautiful sunset with an amazing orchestra sound on the side of the beach, yet we are late and all my brilliant plans are ed.” Kai sighed in disappointment while leaning his back on the car, looking towards the breath-taking twilight, embellished by the beautiful hue on the sky. Haeri joined the man by sitting on his side, taking a deep breath inside her lungs while closing her eyes. Somehow, standing among silence—which she rarely experienced living in the clamorous city of Seoul—must have been a remedy.

Both of them couldn’t take their eyes off the beautiful sight, a heartfelt smile was inevitably melt on their eyes. Kai was going to make a remark and took his eyes of the twilight, but something immediately halt his movements when he turned his vision towards the girl sitting beside him.

Whether the circumstances or the scenery they were in, Kai was unable to think as his head went vacant. That was the time when he could truly devour his wife’s beauty. The soft waft of her hair, the gentleness of her smile, the sky's hue that reflected on her face, the natural blush of her cheek, everything was so perfect that he subconciously held his breath. How could he be so blind all this time? Haeri was the definition of true beauty and he had wasted his time by denying that he never cared about her.

She was, doubtlessly, luminous.

“How could I be this blind?”

Haeri shifted her vision towards the man who had said a few things that she couldn't catch earlier, realizing that it was the first time he had broken the convinient silence. Her eyebrow slightly rose, questioning the guy. Kai awkwardly turned his face elsewhere and pointed his index finger to the sky.

“Th—that sky! How could I be so blind that I never visited this place before. Hehe.” That was the time Kai was thankful he had a slight dark skin—his blush was fortunately, went unnoticable by his partner.

“It’s going down, it’s going down! We should countdown now!” Fortune on his side, the matter quickly dissolved by the beautiful sight of the real sunset that they had been waiting. “Wait. Shouldn’t we make a wish?”

“What wish? Nobody makes wish on sunsets.” Kai chuckled at her silliness. One thing that Kai had ready to die for was to squish her cuteness. How could his point of view about her change that drastically? If he were still the old Kai, he would take her as an annoyance and left her right away. But then, he found everything she did was adorable and cute. He was crazy, that's how.

“Yeah, I just feel like it’s the right time to make a wish.” Haeri scrambled onto his side, clasping his hands against each other before doing the same with hers. “Let’s make a wish and then start counting down on five!”

Seeing how serious she was with the wish making, Kai had no choice but to follow—with a compliant smile. Both of them closed their eyes, whsipering inside their minds for something they really hoped to happen. Simultaneously opening their eyes,both Haeri and Kai started counting down until the sun disappeared before their eyes.

“5! 4! 3! 2! 1!”

“See you tomorrow, beutiful Sun! We will be good, so please grant our wishes, okay?!” Haeri loudly shouted to the dark sky while waving her petite hand. Somehow, all her cuteness wasn't artificial. It was an honest and natural gesture that everybody could see. Kai chuckled at her one again before taking her by the hand and led her towards his car. Haeri was definitely taken by surprise, but still she could not withstand a shy smile over his gentleness.

I wish we could stay this way forever..

*

“Shall we play a game?” Kai asked after both of them finished picking their orders. The smooth jazz was playing on the corner of the classy restaurant. Every other costumer seemed to be on their suit and tie garment, when they were only on their casual outfit. Eventhough their garments weren’t actually fitting the scene, they were not looked down. There was unnecessary for the couple to do anything to be recognized, as nearly everyone in Korea had figured their social status and who they actually were.

“Wow, you’re actually suggesting a game. But call!” Haeri smiled and nodded, before the waitress stood and offered their table the restaurant’s best wine. But contradicted with expectation, Kai quickly refused, not thrilled with the idea of her consuming a wine.

“I just want a simple game, actually. I hardly know you, you know? And likewise. So, I am proposing a game of truth or truth.” Feeling uncomfortable over his attire, Kai started ing the first button of his long-sleeved shirt, and tucked his sleeve to his elbow. Haeri cleared and threw her sight elsewhere, feeling an unknown embarrasment creeping up her cheek. “Ladies first.”

Haeri nodded and leant her head on straighten hand, having her eyes tucked to Kai. “Okay. I’ll start smoothly. I want you tell me all about this dinner, every detail, motives and everything.”

Kai was befuddled by her question. “What? There’s no motive! I actually planned this idea just in the morning. You just couldn't imagine how hard it was to plan this day. I thought I was able to take you to dress fitting, but I couldn’t so I asked Sehun to take you. that Luhan taking you home part was unpredicted to, so when the receptionist told me you left with Luhan, I immediately called him—furiously—and told him to stop the car. And then I took you, but still you were hesitating to go with me. I really worked my hardest, but even so, nothing actually went the way I expected.”

“And for the dinner, I just want to give an official apologize for being an this time. I couldn’t think of another better way of saying how I regretful I am for acting like a ever since our marriage, and because I wanted to be a better man myself. I was thankful too. I realized how much a better man I could be because of you. You show me a better man. You make me want to be a a better man.”

Haeri could sense nothing but sincerity in the way he talked, his gaze, his expression. And that led to the blush, once again creeping its way towards her cheek. Oh, how much she wanted to look composed and unbothered. But truth to be told, how could someone not? It was the Kai who talked. The Kai who said he was so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter