1,6249

Fighting Gravity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 MOON

Luhan flicked his forefinger against each other for the nth time already. He was sitting on the sofa with much uncomfort, occasionally glancing on his wristwatch. Seven am. Is it too early? He nervously thought. The two glass of  hot americano was served on the table, but he hasn’t even touched it. Whenever the soft chime of the bell went into his hearing, he would immediately threw his head to the newcomer, and his hopeful face would fell right after if they were not the one he was expecting.

After another fifteen minutes of another wary glances, Luhan’s wait finally came to an end. The one he had been waiting for finally showed up on the coffee shop’s door, eyes searching for his table. Luhan’s cloudy face turned into a blistering bright, his hand was on the air, gleefully waving for the person to realize his presence.

“Hey.” Luhan showed his cheeky smile, not minding the tired-looking invitee who was none other than the one Luhan can count the most from exo-m, Minseok.

“You are crazy, man.” Minseok hissed while rubbing his tired eyes. Finishing his paper assignment in 5 in the morning, he had finally dedicated his free day for his bed only. Right after he threw his body on the miraculous bed, Luhan had to call with a doomsday-worthy tone for him to agree on a meeting. First, Luhan even suggested to visit him to his apartement at the second, but Minseok had to beg another two hours for Luhan to let him sleep. “I swear if this is all is a crap, I’ll--“

“I think I’m in love.”

It took the two another seconds of silence before Luhan had to break it. “I went to the arrange date with this girl. Her name is Soojung, actually. And somehow, I think I really like this girl, Minseok-ah.”

“I never thought you can even love before.” Minseok whispered in complete surprise. Okay, maybe not all of it was right. Luhan of course had his interest on woman, but he never even showed them, as far as Minseok concern. Luhan even had doubted his own ual orientation before. Other than the one girl from the past that had caught his attention - not even worthy to be called love - Luhan never felt such sentiment, which is weird for a 22 year old guy. He had never actually believed in love, and he never believed the one. But now, something about the way Luhan spoke was really something.

“First time, before I met her, I was not interested. I even disliked her despite not knowing who she really is. But you know, Minseok-ah? She had the same eyes as her.” Minseok arched his eyebrow. There was only one her whenever it came to Luhan’s story, so he had no necessity to ask furthermore. “Then, I grew interested in her. Maybe not in that kind of way.” Luhan chuckled a little, his face was shimmering and soft. Almost dreamy. And those greasy expression repelled the best friend's sleepiness.

“I like the way she think. I like the way she talk. I like the way she walk. I like the soft freckles of her smile. I like the way she preferred dark coffee over frappucino - which I thought she would like. I like the small mole on her side of neck-“

“Wow, wow.” Minseok halted Luhan’s blabber with two hands infront his chest, his eyes filled with fear of Luhan’s - almost - eerie explanation. “You’ve gone too far for the last one, bro.”

“In conclusion, I seemed to really like this girl. She’s like.. A refreshing breeze to my barren heart.” Luhan put his palm over his chest and close his eyes. A soft, gentle smile was adorning his child-like face. But as a long friend that barely knew the girl - other than Luhan’s crazy description - Minseok was thrilled and concerned at the same time over the girl his best friend seemed to fall over heels for.

“I would like to meet this Juliet of yours. What’s her like?” Minseok showed his most sincere smile. He tried to dismiss the worry for a second and gave his best friend a heartfelt felicitation. Suddenly, Luhan’s deer eyes went to a full round.

“And did I tell you she is indeed, a dancer?!” Luhan squealed in complete joy and triumph, his eyes turned into crescent moon. “So, yesterday..”

Flashback.

The both of Luhan and Soojung were seated on the middle-class restaurant in Gangnam. While Soojung was  busy cutting her choice of medium rare steak, Luhan followed her every movement with  his eyes, his hands was busy stirring the apple juice he ordered. Every little thing about her wasn’t missed by Luhan eyes. To remember again, he had to admit that he was indeed, creepy. More to the fact that a soft grin was embelishing his face.

Soojung looked up when she caught Luhan’s stare. “What? Do I look like a pig now?” She asked, flaunting her pearly whites.

Luhan instantly shook his head, letting go of the straw with a shy smile. It was not his intention at all to being a creep. When he first saw Soojung, one thing that really appealing to him was her eyes. Her clear, brown, almond-like eyes captivated him. It was so enciting, succeeded in silencing his every nerve and restlessness.Her eyes was very identical with the one girl from his past. But different from then, millions of butterflies were on his stomach. When he saw Soojung’s eyes, he could feel the fasten heartbeat. The cold sweat trickling from his side of face. He was attracted to her, physically and emotionally. It was very strange to him to feel this way.

The emotion was really strange, but addicting at the same time. He just couldn't get enough.

“Eat your food. It’s getting cold.” Soojung reminded, pulling Luhan away from his busy thoughts. Instead of following the girl’s suggestion, he set aside the almost-untouched fettucini and rested his elbow on the vacant side of table. An intrigued smile was pointed on his lips.

“Can I ask you something?”

She replied with a slow nod and wary eyes. Detecting her sceptical gestures, he immediately shook her worry with an assuring smile. “It seems like you’re the same age with Kai. So, where do you study?”

Hearing Kai’s name, an uncomfortable wave was rushing on her pulse, but she tried to set it aside.

“Do you want the true answer or false answer?” She asked with a challenging smile. Luhan hummed, faking a thinking pose before answering.

“False.” He decided and Soojung nodded with satisfication.

“I am actually attending the same school as Kai. I am a very, very, very dilligent and smart student with straight A on every single class and got a full-scholarship to Seoul National-“

“So that means you’re not dilligent, nor student with straight As on every single class. No scholarship to Seoul National University too.” He cut her with an amused smile. Soojung rolled her eyes, disgraced.

“Thanks for pointing that out, Sherlock.” Soojung snorted almost immediately, throwing her face somewhere else. Luhan chuckled, pleased that their conversation wasn’t leading to something formal and boring, just like what he thought would be. It wasn’t always rainbows and unicorns whenever he speak to women, and he was glad that the spell was broken - well, at least with Soojung. And for now, that was all he could ask for.

“So, the truth is?” Luhan asked, leaning his chest on the table comfortably. Soojung huffed loudly.

“You already chose the false. You can’t ask for the true.” She debated, knocking on the table.

“But you didn’t say that I can’t choose both.” Luhan slyly smiled, wriggling his eyebrows. His answer was soft, but it was enought for Soojung to just stare at the victorious gu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter