25,88956

Fighting Gravity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He Never Do

Haeri's P.O.V

 

It was a lazy afternoon break without Baekhyun, and I was walking on the school hall, all by myself. Baek gave me a short excuse of having some company matter to finish with his father, and a short cheer on going through the day alone.

For a while after the marriage, I never actually hung out with the exo anymore. It was rather mean and unfair with the fact that they have to be treated like that even though they did nothing . I understood that. But still, I can't bring another complicacy to the group anymore. I didn't want them to pick sides between me and Kai, and I hoped everything could go on the way it used to be, without me. Two days after the marriage, I pushed Baekhyun away and pretended I was angry and all fine by myself, but he stood by me. It was only Baekhyun who had the mind to deal with me, meanwhile all the female in school - yes, some teachers included - loathed me for slipping a ring on their handsome, rich, powerful man's ring finger.

But as far as I knew from the nosy girls, Kai never spend his times inside the exo anymore. He was nearly disappeared to the exo's sight, more to the fact that none of the exo including me was on the same class with him. Which was for me, a fortunate thing.

So there was I, walking on the small aisle to the usual hang out place whenever Baekhyun was around, eventhough I was running a little bit late. It was only my shoe heel clacking against the marble floor, before it was soon reciprocated with another rythm.

I turned left, only to catch that one particular man walking to my direction. He was looking down, before his two dark orbs seamlessly found mine. I caught surprise lit up on his eyes, before it was glumly replaced with careless yet empty eyes. His eyes looked straight into nothing in particular, but his two feet stopped midways. I wasn't intending to hide the fact that I was following every movement of his. My baby steps were getting slower as that man turned his back against me and walk away.

I bored a hole on that guy, feeling my throat was chocked up by heavy tears.

Why do you hate me so much, Kai?

*

Kai’s P.O.V

 

I was glumly walking back and forth on the living room of my new home. With a perplexed face I once again glanced at the big wooden clock on the corner which was pointing at seven pm. The sun had set, yet my wife-on-paper was still nowhere to be seen. Been living together for around three weeks, I had noticed some habitual things which were there would always be food on the table, and her room light would light up and a smooth Norah Jones’s song would vaguely heard from downstair. But now, not even one of them was present.

I was never up to stayhome early as I always came home around eleven at night. But the incidence - the crossed-path thingy this afternoon took the best priority for me to at least check on her condition. I felt guilty for avoiding her and treating her like an , when I never meant it like that. Well, maybe I meant that, but I never knew it would hurt her that much as she immediately took a haunting steps away.

“Where are you?!” I hissed to no one in particular, decided to call off my ego and call her. Well, one thing for sure it wouldn’t be pretty once that call was answered.

But no. Instead of her usual soft hello, I could vaguely heard her usual ringtone from the upstair. I sighed and clicked the call off vengefully, and ruffled my hair in frustration.

“I swore, if you’re going to play hide-and-seek..”

But my gibber was cut with a thought that she might be out there with Baekhyun. A tingle of hurt slipped inside my head and that got me thinking. What if she was out there with Baekhyun, then lost the track of time? What if she was out there having fun, whilst having no idea that I was uselessly worrying over her?

I had never actually hung out with the exo anymore, as I felt a sense of shame whenever I was with them. I knew that best friend should be forever, but of course whoever saying that never counted the possibilty of having to do something you never meant to do before and ruined everything.

But still I couldn’t just stand still and do nothing. So that’s when I clicked in Kyungsoo hyung’s number, initiating to still manage the call short and to the point.

One and two beeps, the call started with a voice I scarcely heard recently.

“Kai! Pleasant to hear from you. You know that we never-“

“Where is Baekhyun?” I immediately cut him short. I understood that it was impolite for me to just cut him - knowing that he was once my closest buddy -, but it wasn’t the right time to get all mushy and sappy. I just needed to know whether my concern over that girl was useless or not.

“Baekhyun is out of the country since last night. What’s the rush?” Kyungsoo replied almost immediately, feeling the tense on his dongsaeng’s voice. I could felt blood rushed down off my face as my thumb called the phone off.

Then I ran out, right after taking the keys off the table.

*

Kai stood in front of my father-in-law’s gate, hoping to find that girl was safely residing inside. It worried him that she somehow blabbered all of those mean things he had done her and decided to call off the wedding. Well, counting how much a devoted daughter she was, Kai somehow doubt it would be anything similar.

Kai was hoping for one of the workers of her house to at least respond, but after he clicked the bell, one person he found was her father. He instinctively gulped, as he never thought he would meet the man. I never had the guts to, moreover to thing what sin he had commited which was not to disappoint and hurt his only daughter.

“Kim Jongin! Pleasant to see you here, son.” He smiled with an abundant hospitality. Kai forced a smile and shook the old man’s hand and lightly bowed. “What brings you here? And may I know where my lovely daughter is?”

She was not her either! His head was spinning with the fact. He was running out of places that she might be in, and with the fact that he had to think of something to avoid his father-in-law question and hostility, and tried to find her without making a big fuss over it - especially to the media.

Luck to his side, one appropriate reason went inside his head. “I, actually need to get one of my wife’s belonging.” He cringed at the loving nickname as the old man smiled at his remark. He then found an endless guilt to only see his proud eyes. “I need to be fast now, abeoji. I still need to pick her up at her friend’s house.”

“Oh, you’re going to pick her up at Chora’s hourse, then? Okay. Just ask for the maid to take you to her room.”

He nodded awkwardly right after figuring out two things about Haeri. First, she had no other close friends beside Chora. Secondly, she never told her father about the break up with her only best friend. Well, he guess that’s one of the thing when you only wanted to greet your old man with a happy news.

The first servant immediately decipher Kai’s motive of coming and took him to her room. As expected, it was neat and cozy, just like her personality. It was all covered in purple and c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter