34.0

My Minseok
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I didn't expect you and Xiumin to know each other." spoke Mr. Lu, from the driver's seat, looking up into the rear mirror.

Luhan, sitting in the back, stared out the window to avoid his father's eyes, "Mmm. He was the one that came over and the one you said you''d like to meet."

"Oh, I see." nodded Mr. Lu, "So that was Xiumin." glancing back to the street ahead.

 

After dinner, Xiumin's mother wanted to shop around a bit so he and his father were to follow her. Xiumin was still thinking about what Luhan said as he sat down next to his father outside of the fitting room.

"You like Jongin, right?"

"You should confess to him."

He didn't know of this, but his father was silently keeping an eye on him since they were at dinner earlier. He saw how the two were somewhat a little awkward with each other and even towards the end of their dinner when his boss uttered Xiumin's name, Xiumin became normal again. What did the two boys talk about that made Xiumin in such a daze? 

Xiumin's thoughts were interuppted by his father, who gently placed his hand on his son's shoulder, "Are you okay?" 

Xiumin nodded as he looked up from his lap, "Yeah." spotting his mother skimming through clothes on a rack a few feet away.

"Is there anything you'd like to talk about?" spoke his father, pulling his hand back onto his lap.

Xiumin hmm-ed to himself for a while before answering, "What do you think about Luhan?"

Mr. Jin faintly smiled, "He seems like a very nice boy."

Xiumin blinked, very nice...huh? 

"What made you ask about my opinion on Luhan?"

Xiumin got a little flustered, "Uh? Nothing, I was just wondering."

 

 

When they arrived back at the Kim's house, Xiumin went upstairs to his room to change into sweats. He came back downstairs, hearing sounds coming from the tv room. Jongin was currently watching a show, so he came and sat down on the other side of him. Jongin was too immersed in the show he didn't say anything until it was commercial time.

"How was dinner with your family?" 

Xiumin remembered Luhan's words again. "Good." 

Then it was silent between the two as the sounds of the tv filled the room. The show came back on and the two watched it, without talking to one another. The guy who won first place on the show was named Lee Minseok, which upon hearing that name, it somewhat made Xiumin shrink further back into the couch. After the show was over, Jongin asked if Xiumin was going to watch anything else, or he was going to turn it off. Xiumin shook his head, so Jongin turned it off with a button of the remote.

"Jongin?" 

Jongin turned to face Xiumin, "Yeah?"

"Can you tell me more about...Minseok?"

Jongin thinned his lips as he turned away to face the tv. "He was easily likeable" Jongin remembered that evening when he gave Minseok a new shirt to wear because he freakin' scared the shiz out of the guy, that he had spilled his boba over himself. "and probably caused Luhan lots of problems yet he was very good hearted. I'm sure that's why Luhan fell for him."

Ah. Xiumin slowly nodded to himself. Do I have a good heart? I don't know. Am I easily likeable? Probably not. 

"He really did seem like one for something that wasn't human."

Xiumin raised his brow, "Wasn't human?"

Jongin nodded once, "Luhan's father made him Minseok, who was a humanoid."

Xiumin's jaw dropped, WOW! Would he have wanted one of his own. "That's...wow. I wish I could've been here earlier so I could've met this Minseok." 

Jongin smiled, knowing Xiumin would've really liked that a lot, knowing how much he liked robots and such. Then, he remembered something. "Would you like to see a picture of him, though you may be surprised of the resemblence."

"May I?"

Jongin nodded and got up from the couch, "Come on." His parents weren't home. His father has been abroad for business matters, while his mother was his grandparents, so it was practically just Jongin, Xiumin, Mr. and Mrs. Jin, who was in their room on the opposite side of where they were headed to and a few maids, who were going to leave soon.

Xiumin followed Jongin upstairs to a room at the end of the hallway. This door was just a little different compared to all the other doors that were identical in the same hall. Jongin turned the knob and it revealed a dark black room. He reached for the lights and the room gave way of it's disorganizing state. There were books, papers and files everywhere. Xiumin didn't really want to step into the room but he did. He was careful not to step on the papers. They seemed important. Jongin closed the door behind Xiumin and walked over to the large, dark brown, wooded desk, telling him not to mind the mess on the floor  but how could Xiumin not? He was someone who liked cleanliness and was very tidy, so he tried his best, step by step, avoiding them and paced over to Jongin, behind the desk. 

Jongin was on one knee as he searched through the files and found the familiar folder. He took it out and opened the file folder. Just like that day, one of the papers inside had his photo on it.

 

That day, Jongin did not know of Minseok yet. He didn't know anything about Minseok. His father had told him to find a green file folder for him, on the left side, in the third drawer and to bring it outside for him, since his father was on his way to retrieve it. Jongin had found the folder for his father but when he pulled it out, another folder, behind it, slipped out also. The papers inside had flowed out. He placed the green folder on top of the desk so he could pick up the mess. 

He came to a halt when he saw the picture of a copper colored hair male. Who was this guy? Why does father have a picture of him?

He read some of the content, surprised to know that this, this male wasn't like him or anyone else he's ever known. He's a humanoid, a robot!

He quickly put the papers back into the folder and placed it back into the drawer.

 

 

Jongin had been skipping days of school because he chose to work instead. School was a bit boring for him at that moment, but when his manager had enough, he was told to attend school again or he would be fired. Jongin didn't want to be fired, he liked working here so he told the manager he will go back tommorow. Just then, Luhan came up to the counter along with...Min-Minseok!?!?! Minseok smiled at him. He felt his cheeks getting warm as he tried to be calm, pressing in their order of honeydew and blueberry. 

After making their order, he called them up.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter