23.0

My Minseok
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So, you're here to study?" asked Jongin, walking up the stairs.

Xiumin following behind, "Yeah. Ma told me I got into an accident, so I wasn't able to start at the school earlier."

Jongin took out the key from his pocket to unlock the room that Xiumin will be staying in, "You were in an accident?" He eyed Xiumin in a peculiar way. 

Xiumin felt weird under his gazes, "Mmm..."

Jongin led him into the room. It was larger than the one he had back at home. It was clean and with plain colors, just how he liked it. 

"If you need anything, I'll be next door." said Jongin, handing over the key to the room. Xiumin nodded, taking the key, "O-Okay." as Jongin left.

 

Jongin entered his room and sat down on his bed, "Accident? Is he?...but...Minseok was also..." He ruffled through his black hair. "Urh! What if Luhan sees him? What if he beats me up thinking I took Minseok or something?" He fell back into the comfort of his bed, spotting the robot from his childhood, high up on the top shelf. He stared at it for a long while, until it was starting to hurt to keep looking up at it. He sat up and the memory clicked.

 

    

Jongin stayed beside his father who was talking with other men. He didn't feel like playing with the kids and he was also holding his present he prepared for the birthday boy. The kids here would probably ruin it and he was sure he is older than most of the kids here, at the party anyway, but his eyes was on a certain boy with the same robot mask as him. A bit of his brown hair was sticking out from the sides of the mask. He held onto a small robot where ever he went, from what Jongin observed.

A group of boys came up to the boy and pointed at him or maybe it was the robot in his hands, then they laughed and the boy ran away. Jongin couldn't see him anymore because there were a lot of people there. He was interested in why he ran away. He told his father he was going to find the birthday boy to hand his present to and his father nodded, giving him permission. Jongin walked off, looking left and right for the boy with the same mask.

He spotted him sitting alone on the steps from one of the side doors. Jongin confronted him, "Hi." The boy faced him and answered back, "...Hi."

That made Jongin happy somewhat, "Can I play with you?"

"You want to play with my robot?" he said, with the robot in the air.

"No. I want to play with you. But we can play with your robot too if you'd like." said Jongin, deciding to reveal himself to the boy. "My name's Jongin." He put the present down first before sitting beside the boy. "So, what's your name?"

"..Xiumin."

It came out in almost a soft whisper but Jongin heard it clearly. "Oh! So you're the birthday boy." Jongin chuckled, "I guess, that makes me older than you."

Xiumin's eyes widened and he took off his mask, his hair messy and a bit staticky, "How old are you!?"

Jongin finally got to know what he looked like, "..I'm 7. My birthday was in January."

The brown haired boy nodded, turning away to look around, "Um, do you...do you like robots?"

Jongin replies with a smile on his lips, "I do. I have my own toy robot but he had to stay at home."

"Do you live nearby?" 

Jongin shook his head, "Nope. I don't live arou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter