30.0

My Minseok
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mr. Jin nodded. Yes. Yes, he had his reason. Luhan's father told him to sit down in the seat before his desk. Mr. Jin sat down feeling a bit nervous. He was pleased that Mr. Lu didn't seem angry with him but who knows if he will be sometime soon.

"So, Mr. Jin, It's really nice to see you again. I was wondering how you were doing these past two months since you left us, but you seem happier. Did something happen?" smiled Mr. Lu.

Mr. Jin returned the smile, "Yes. My son, Xiumin. He has woken from a coma about month ago and has went through recovery well."

"Ahh, I'm glad to hear that." Mr. Lu glimpsed down at the long letter before him and back up at Mr. Jin, "Now, if you wouldn't mind, even though I have read your long letter, I wanted to hear from you, not the words written on paper."

Mr. Jin's lips thinned, starting to sweat from his hands and forehead, "Well, you see..."

 

❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ 

 

"Doctor! Is my son going to be okay!??!" asked Mr. Jin, repeatedly, desperately wanting to know as he held onto the side handle of the bed. His eyes teary from the image of his injured son lying unconscious, as the nurse across from him tried to stop the blood that flowed out from the side of his head. They were heading for the emergency surgery room, wheeling him quickly through the halls as other doctors and nurses got out of their way.

When wheeling him into the surgery room, another nurse had blocked his path, telling him he had to stay and wait outside. She hurried back into the surgery room, the door closing behind her. Mrs. Jin had just caught up to him. She was a slow runner so she hadn't caught up to her husband 'til now. Her eyes swollen and still crying. 

"How-How is.. he...?" uttered Mrs. Jin, clutching tightly to her husband's arm and staring up at the red lit sign: SURGERY  meaning that the surgery had already begun.

"I..I don't know. We'll just have to wait...wait and see." Mr. Jin slumped down in one of the empty chairs provided nearby, his wife doing the same.

 

 

The red light switched off, the doctor stepping out of the room. 

"How is he?" asked Mr. Jin, standing up.

The doctor pulled down his surgical mask, under his chin, "He's still alive and breathing."

Mr. and Mrs. Jin were so happy they sighed, relieved.

"-but it seems he won't be waking up any time soon. The accident caused somewhat a severe injury to his brain."

Mr. and Mrs. Jin's smiles faded.

"W-What? What are you saying?" asked Mr. Jin, wanting to grab the doctor's collar but he held back the urge, also his wife wouldn't want him causing any trouble to the doctor.

"He's now in the state of a coma."

 

 

 

It's been about a week or so it felt like a week. Mr. Jin doesn't know. He's been worried about his son, that he lost count of time or the days. As for his wife, she was just as exhausted as him, but Mr. Jin told her to rest whenever he noticed how tired she looked. He barely got to rest himself. 

One day, he received a call from Mr. Kim who asked if he was ready to come back to work in Korea, which was in two days. Mr. Jin didn't really want to go. He didn't want to leave his son but he had to. He told Mr. Kim about what had happened and that he was ready to come back to work. The money he earns will help pay the bills for Xiumin and the amount was increasing. He's ready to talk with his boss about a leave for awhile or for a vacation, since he didn't use that up for this year yet, if something happens in the future, whether his son wakes up or not.

 

 

When he arrived to Korea, Mr. Kim noticed the gloom in him. He did all he could to make sure his friend wouldn't get himself in any trouble or slack off work. This project was very important, especially to their boss, Mr. Lu.

Getting supplies together and being with other workers kind of helped Mr. Jin a bit. He felt a little better but he still couldn't stop thinking of his wife and their son. He couldn't call his wife, because he was afraid she'd break down, telling him that their son hadn't yet woken. He knows it's hard for both of them to continue living while their son only breathed from a machine, lying on a bed.

 

 

"Mr. Jin. May I have a talk with you?" asked Mr. Lu, shouting from a few feet away.

Mr. Jin shouted back, "Yes, sir!" He set down what he was holding and ran over to Mr. Lu.

Mr. Lu sat down at his desk and Mr. Jin sat in the seat provided.

"What did you want to talk about, sir?" asked Mr. Jin, eye bags still evident with a small smile upon his lips.

"You're one of my favorite workers. I know how hard you've worked, including these past few days." Mr. Lu took notice of his eye bags, "I want to ask for a favor." He leaned back in the chair, "I would like for you to customize the face of the humanoid if it's not too much trouble."

Mr. Jin was astonished to hear such words from him. His boss thought this high of him? He was this important to be given such a task? Mr. Jin now truly smiled and accepted the favor right then and there.

"But, " his voice now in a whisper, "do not let other workers know I've given you this opportunity." and went back to his normal voice, "You may return back to work now, Mr. Jin."

"Yes!! Thank you very much, sir! I will do my very best!"

 

 

 

Throughout the days that passed, Mr. Jin was frustrated. He couldn't come up with an interesting face. Most robots are supposed to be perfect right? So this humanoid was going to have to be perfect and the face had to be perfect as well. As it was going to be for Mr. Lu's son, then the face should seem like a teenager not some middle aged or old face.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter