The Jungs and Flashback

Enchanted (HIATUS)

 

Author's POV:

"Hi! I'm back." 

"Hello. Come and sit here with us." Eunhye said.

Yonghwa independently stood up on his seat then he pulled the chair beside him and then he offered to Seohyun. "I suppose you need a seat. Do you mind sit here beside me?" Yonghwa offered with a smile plastered on his face while he is at the back of the chair.

"No. I don't mind. Thank you." Then Seohyun smiled while she went and settled down as Yonghwa carefully placed her on her seat then settled down on his place. (She's now infront of Grandpa and Eunhye.)

"Gentleman, Hmmm..." Eunhye mumbled then smiled while sipping her drink with her straw in it. "So, how was it? We hope you don't get fired. These days, resto bosses are get strict to their employees." Eunhye worrily spoke.

"Uhm... Really. I don't get fired. There's nothing to worry about and because this restaurant, my mom runs it and while my dad works at S.M. Department as a brand manager." Seohyun became shy as she spoke the last sentence.

"Ah Jjinja?" The Jungs said it in unison while their eyes gone wider. 

"Yes." Seohyun replied then she giggled at their reaction as she covered with her right hand.

"Ah I see... She DON'T get fired because her mom runs it." Eunhye emphasized the word 'don't'. "We're sorry we didn't know that." Eunhye laughed then smiled apologetically.

"It's okay, Eunhye-ssi." Seohyun laughed again with her right hand covered .

"Aigoo... That's some sort of family business, am I right my dear?" Grandpa asked while his eyebrow raised.

"Well I guess, Yes something like that, Sir." Seohyun replied with a smile while Yonghwa glanced at Seohyun at his left side. She's beautiful when she's smiles. The way she laughs or giggles. Beautiful. He thought then Seohyun glanced at Yonghwa then Yonghwa smiled then he came back to his normal self and then he sipped his drink with his straw. Seohyun frozed on that glancing moment. The way Yonghwa smiled to her makes her sparked even more. She admitted. Seohyun likes Yonghwa.

Eunhye saw the scene. Yeah, the moment. She smiled. I think they both like each other. The way they looked at each other. There's something in their eyes. Kyaa~ There's so cute. She thought while sipping her drink again with a straw. Yonghwa, I'll talked to you later when we got home. Eunhye smirked. It's time for fangirling.

Grandpa saw it too. Wow! My Yonghwa boy is now grown up. I like the way he glanced at her. Perfect couple. I like this girl. I think Yonghwa likes her. Grandpa thought.

"Ahem.." Eunhye clears after she drinks. "Grandpa can teach you more. Even your mom and your dad. Grandpa can teach all of you. Hehe. You know what Grandpa, this restaurant deserves a 5 stars."

"Yes. I agreed. We can teach you." Grandpa said with a nod.

"Wow..." Seohyun shocked at their offer. "That's great, I guess. Well, this will have the improvisation soon. Due to, you know, it's getting 'in demand' right now."

"Wow... Grandpa, I told you. This place is great. Where's your mom?" Eunhye said as she glanced to her grandfather.

"Resto's office. Why Eunhye-ssi?"

"We will talk to her later after this." Grandpa said with a smile.

"Thank you, Sir." Seohyun appreciated their offer. "That's so fast. We can't believe it we've made it this far."

"You guys deserved it. Look around, your services are good. The food? No joke. Great." Eunhye said. "Since when this place established?" Eunhye suddenly asked.

"Just last year. Last spring." Seohyun replied confidently.

"Ah I see.." Grandpa said. "We can help you." Grandpa offered Seohyun a shake hands.

"What a great opportunity! Thank you, Sir." Seohyun being grateful, she took her right hand then they shaked hands.

"Grandpa. You can call me, grandpa." Grandpa said.

"Thank you, Grandpa." Seohyun blushed.

"Hey! You can call me Unnie. We're now friends okay?" Eunhye said.

"Okay unnie. Thank you, too."

"Uhm.... Yonghwa, nothing to say? You're so quiet." Eunhye suddenly spoke to her younger brother. You're so quiet because you kept looking to Seohyun. Wait, Is this your lucky girl? The one you said before? If Seohyun, She must be lucky. And Yonghwa, you are lucky because someday, you'll have her. Aww~ Eunhye thought.

"You guys took all my lines." Yonghwa said.

"Oh we're sorry but try harder." Eunhye said then she and Grandpa laughed while Seohyun just smiled to him. Yonghwa glanced to Seohyun then he smiled back. After all those conversations with the Jungs and Seohyun except Yonghwa, Yonghwa kept glancing Seohyun while listening. He didn't know that her sister and her granfather noticed him.

 


 

 

Conversations continued. The Jungs learned that Seohyun in weekdays, She works at Lotte Department as an Executive Assistant. Weekends, she helped her mom especially their restaurant. They also knew that Seohyun and Yoona studied in a same university. Seohyun finished her course of Business Management in Marketing while Yoona finished her course of Business Managment in Advertising. That's why Yoona is now currently working as a Assistant Director in a magazine.

 

Eunhye realized that she and Yoona can be friends since she is one of the top supermodels in America. She can promote the company where Yoona is currently working at. 

 

More and more conversations with the Jungs except Yonghwa. Yonghwa just listening to their chats (while glancing hahaha). They really had a great atmosphere because more laughs filled the room. Even the customers recognized the Jung family with them. After that, the Jungs went to the resto's office while Seohyun leads the way. The Jungs became interested about the Seo's family business.

 

"So, here. Here's the office. Wait for a minute, I'll talk to my mom first to let her know that you guys are here." Seohyun said.

"Okay, Take your time." Grandpa said then Seohyun went now inside the office.

"Ahm... Yonghwa? How about you accompanied Grandpa this time?"

"Sure... Since I'm became quiet the whole conversation, Its my time to talk with her mom and explained everything."

"QUIET... I see." 

"Ahem... Uh, You may now come in." Seohyun smiled as she opened the door. Then Yonghwa accompanied his Grandpa inside. "Me and Eunhye unnie, I guess. Will be here waiting for you guys." They nod then Seohyun closed the door.

"Uhm..." Eunhye brightened the atmosphere suddenly because they became quiet in minutes. "Look, You don't have to be awkward or quiet now. We're friends now, right?"

"I know. I guess, I don't know how to start the topic. Hehehe~"

"Its okay, Uhm... Seo Joo Hyun? Do you mind if I ask something?"

"I don't mind. Go on unnie."

"Since we'd had much talking, do you remember the pink ribbon? Uhm... I think we gave it to you when we were young. That was my ribbon, you know? And that was 12 years ago."

"Pink ribbon? What's with the pink ribbon?"

"Uhm... Look, I'm the one who gave it to you and Yonghwa was there in that moment. Yonghwa is the one who clipped the ribbon on your hair. Do you remember that? We were at the airport that time. That was the first time we met each other."

"I-I-I don't think so. I'm sorry, I don't know. Maybe, I'm not the 'Seo Joo Hyun' you were talking about?"

"Maybe. Sorry. Maybe, I'm wrong. And besides, There are many 'Seo Joo Hyun' in our country." But she looked like just the girl that I gave. Well, she's right. Maybe, I'm wrong. Eunhye thought.

"It's okay. Someday, you'll find her." Seohyun console Eunhye by holding her hand. 

"Thanks unnie. Nice meeting you today, anyway. I'm sorry again. I just thought it was you. Well, I think we're going now after this." Then Yonghwa and Grandpa exited as they bid goodbye to Mrs. Seo.

"Thank you and goodbye. You met my daughter, right? My daughter is pretty." Mrs. Seo said as she exited from her office too with the Jungs.

"She is." Grandpa said. 

"Eomma.. Hahaha... Okay.. We really hope you enjoyed." Seohyun said. Aigoo, this girl. Mrs. Seo thought.

"We are." Eunhye said then Seohyun hugged Eunhye. "See you next time." 

"Dear, Nice meeting you." Grandpa said then he and Seohyun shaked their hands once again.

"I've had a great time talking with you." Yonghwa joked. 

"Correction. You didn't talk, mister." Seohyun said. "Goodbye." 

"I don't say 'Goodbye' but I'll say, see you next time." Then Yonghwa and Seohyun shaked hands.

"Fine. See you next time." Seohyun smiled.

 

 


 

FLASHBACK: 

Incheon Airport - 1977

 

There's a boy named Jung Yonghwa. He is 9 years old. He is wearing a white polo with his navy sweater on and wearing a pants and black shoes. He is waiting with her beautiful 14-year-old sister named Jung Eunhye and with their grandfather's butler for his grandfather's arrival from States. 

"Uhm... Yonghwa-ssi? Butler Park? I'll go use the restroom. Wait for a minute. Butler Park, please watched Yonghwa. I'll go first."

"Yes, Madam." 

"Yes, Noona."

"Be a good boy. I'll just go to restroom, okay?" Then Yonghwa nods. "Butler Park, okay?"

 Then Eunhye went on then searched some restrooms around the airport. 

"Oh!" Yonghwa saw a pink ribbon on the floor. "Noona's ribbon? Noona left the ribbon. Maybe Yonghwa will return this to Noona later." Then Yonghwa put the ribbon inside his sweater's pocket.

 

 

"Eomma, I'm so excited to see appa!" Said the 9-year-old girl holding hands with her mom after they got out from the cab.

"Me too, Seo Hyun. Appa can't wait to see us. Let's go." Her mom said then they went on. 

The girl with a pink dress named Seo Joo Hyun. She and her mom was waiting her father's arrival from States. His father went to States for some business matters.

"Seo Hyun, Let's wait for your appa here." Her mom said as they sit beside the young-looking man wearing a suit and tie and a boy with a navy sweater. "Uhm... Mom will go to check something at the reception to see your father's arrival. Uhm... Is mom ready to trust Seo Joo Hyun? Don't go anywhere and just sit here, okay? Don't talk to strangers. Only mom can go with you. Arasseo?"

"Yes eomma. Uhm can Joo Hyun go with you?" The little girl nods.

"No. Because its very crowded. You'll get squish. Pinky promise?" Her mom raised her pinky to her daughter.

"Pinky promise." Then the little girl raised also her pinky to her mom.

"Good girl." Her mom kissed her daughter on forehead. "Wait for me. okay? 

"Okay." The little girl sit at her place quietly. She even brought her books to read. She usually do that while she waits. She reads for like buying some time so she will not get bored.

"Hello!" Then the boy appeared in a picture.

"Hello." The little girl said as she closed the book she read.

"Jung Yonghwa." The little boy offering a shake hand.

"Seo Joo Hyun." Then the little girl and the boy shaked hands.

"You're so lucky. You have your eomma." Little Yonghwa said.

"I am. Where's your mom?"

"Haraboji said she and my father is now at their happiest place. Its called heaven."

"Ah.. Seo Joo Hyun is sorry." The little girl pouted.

"How old are you?" The little Yonghwa asked.

"9 years old."

"I'm 9 years old too. We can be friends."

"Sure." The little girl smiled. 

"You have beauiful hair. Its very long."

"Thank you." Little Seo Joo Hyun blushed.

"Hello Yonghwa, I'm back. And hey! Who's this cute little girl?"

"My name is Seo Joo Hyun."

"Ah. My name is Jung Eun Hye. I'm her Noona. You can call me Unnie."

"Unnie."

"Wow, you're so cute. Where's your mom and your dad?"

"Mom just went somewhere and I'm waiting for my dad. His arrival from States, Unnie."

"Ah... It seems my grandpa and your dad have a same airline took." Said Eunhye.

"Noona... Noona. You left your ribbon here." Little Yonghwa handed over to Eunhye her ribbon.

"Thank you." As Eunhye got her ribbon, she noticed her beautiful, long hair. And she left it untied. She has no clip or tie. Eunhye thought. 

"Yonghwa, gave this to Seo Joo Hyun." Eunhye handed over her ribbon to Yonghwa

"Noona?"

"Its okay.. Just gave it to her. And besides, I'm the one who bought that."

"Okay noona... It seems she will look prettier with this."

"I know."

"Uhm..." Little Yonghwa faced the little girl. "You have beautiful hair." Then the little boy clipped the thing on little girl's hair. "Perfect."

"Thank you." Then the girl kissed Yonghwa on his left cheek. The little Yonghwa blushed. 

"What na-nam-e shou-ld I cal-l to you?" Little Yonghwa stuttered.

"Joo Hyun or Seohyun. Its up to you." She giggled.

"Okay... I think haraboji is here. Bye." Eunhye saw the scene before she bid goodbye to the little girl. "Let's go, Yonghwa."

"See you next time. Seohyun!"

"See you next time. Yonghwa."

 

"Wow! Seohyun, Who gave you that?" The little girl's father said.

"My friend."

"Ah.. I see. Come on, let's go home." Her mom laughed then she hold Seohyun's hand.

After they went to the airport, The Seo family is heading to their home now.  The traffic lights went to red while they're on a pedestrian lane, Seohyun's ribbon fell then landed on a ground. Seohyun noticed her hair became untied then she saw her ribbon is on the middle of the lane. Few seconds left, the traffic light will turn to green.

Seohyun freed from her mother's grip then she ran to get her ribbon back but *ding* The light turn to green.

"Seohyun!!!!" The mother cried after her daughter ran back to the lane they walked.

The traffic light went to green, Seohyun is on now middle of the road.

Then a crash happened.

Seohyun laid down, unconscious. With the blood on her head and with the pink ribbon on her hand.

Then the sound of siren came.

 

 

 

Author's note: There we go! Flashback as you wished. :))) What do you think? Is she the 'Seo Joo Hyun' that Eunhye talked about? :)) mehehehe~