Miracles

Enchanted (HIATUS)

 

Author's POV:

 

At Seoul National Hospital:

 

"Dr. Yoon, I don't know how to say this but... I think I'm getting better now." Seohyun said while sitting on a chair, with the neurologist infront of her. 

"What do you mean?" Dr. Yoon said as she clasped her hands on the desk while she shifting her seat. "Do you feel anything? Uhm... Wait, Do you remember something?"

"Uhm... Its just a slight past." Seohyun said as she raised her eyebrow. Dr. Yoon mouthed 'tell me' to Seohyun then the latter took a bite. "I-I was about to crossed the street. While in the middle of the road, I forgot something from the restaurant. After that, I glanced my surroundings. Then I realized that, I really know that place. Dr. Yoon, I knew it."

 

 

Dr. Yoon remained silent for awhile after she heard the news. She felt astonished and began wondering: Unbelievable. She thought.

 

 

"Dr. Yoon, is there any chances or possibilities to regain those back?" Seohyun asked with full of hope as she placed her clasped hands on the desk.

"We doctors believe in Science, right? Science tells me this; If the patient suffered a Lacunar Amnesia, which is one of the most complicated kind of amnesia. What I'm trying to say is that, you have few chances to regain your memory back unlike the simple ones. Lacunas are the 'gap' and its like they are the blind spots or the hidden spots which is remained as a mystery of your life. Although it can be psychologically however, your news is so very different for me. You are very different unlike all the patients that I handled and still... you are very interesting." Dr. Yoon plastered a smile on her face then she placed her hand on top of her patient's hand.

 

"I repeat. You are very different patient, let's say out of all the 100 patients. You are the only one. And it's my first time to deal with person with special condition like you."

"What do you mean, Dr. Yoon?"

"What do I mean? My patients, some of them suffered a Lacunar Amnesia too then the rest are Retrograde, Post-Trauma, etc. Like you Ms. Seo. However, they failed. Failed to regain their memory back. But you, I realized that the word 'hope' is still exists!" Dr. Yoon smiled in glee with her eyes sparkling as she faced her 'the most interesting and different patient that she ever handled' named Seo Joo Hyun. The patient felt touched and warmed by her doctor's words.

 

 

"I feel honored Dr. Yoon but what should I do now?" Seohyun asked in calm tone.

"Well, at first, you really expect for the worst but... now after that big news of yours, let's hope for the best.. Just continue what you are doing and you'll be fine. I can see that there is nothing to worry about." The doctor said as she assured her patient with a smile.


 

 

At Seo's residence:

 

"Mom." Seohyun appeared in a dining room as she called her mom who's busy placing plates on the dining table.

"Oh! Seohyunnie! Dinner will be ready soon. Sit now." Seohyun obeyed her mom as she sat on a dining chair. Then she placed both of her arms on the table. "Aigoo... you'll gonna leave here next week huh~ Aigoo... good luck on your job, okay? Nah, I think Yonghwa will take care of you. Hehe.." She said in glee with her eyes smiled.

"Well, I can't wait to see him though. He'll be picking me up once I got there. Uhm... Where's dad?"

"Went to Hardware but he's on his way now. He'll be here soon." Mrs. Seo said while stirring something on the pot.

"Sulli?"

"Oh~ Sulli just got out a minute ago and went to the store to buy sanitary pads." Mrs. Seo chuckled a bit with her back facing Seohyun. Then the latter just laughed along with her mom (just a little).

 

Then silence filled in the room.

 

"Mom, can I ask you something?" 

"Sure honey. What is it?" Mrs. Seo said while turning the stove in a counter-clockwise manner to set low heat.

"Mom, do you perhaps believe in miracles?" Seohyun asked after her mother faced her and sat beside her.

 

 

"Well honey, if there's a shadow, there will be a sunshine. If there's darkness, there will be a light. If there's pain and hatred, there will be love. Some things may turn upside down in ways you can't imagine. Let's just believe in everything whatever may be the outcome. Every day is a present, right?" Her mother's response made her mind blank but Seohyun just nodded her head instead. Then after few seconds, Seohyun finally spoke up.

"I think I'm getting better now."

"Mwo?" 

"Well, It's just a slight past from 12 years ago. Do you get what I mean, mom?"

 

Paused for a moment.

 

"Jjinja Seohyun?! Is this the reason why you are asking me about miracles? Omo~" Mrs. Seo said as she placed her hand on . Instead a verbal response, Seohyun just nodded.

"How?"

"I went to Seoul National Hospital then Dr. Yoon is the one who checked up on me. Mom, at first, she said it's impossible but now... It's unbelievable. Mom, I don't know how to say this but... " Then heaved a sigh. "I just can't believe it too." Seohyun smiled as she placed her hand on top of her mom's.

 

 

 

Then they heard the sound of a door cracked, interrupted their mother-daughter conversation. "I think they are here now. We'll talk about this later okay?" Mrs. Seo smiled as she went back to the stove. Geez, I'm kinda speechless about her sudden news. But I have to know. Mrs. Seo thought then she heaved a sigh


 

 

Early September - 1989

 

At Los Angeles International Airport:

 

Yonghwa went now inside of the airport with full of excitement, with his smile plastering on his face. Yonghwa is headed over to the arrival section to meet his girlfriend. Yonghwa is wearing an ped leather jacket, revealing the gray shirt underneath then with pants and shades on. The cutest thing is, the cool Yonghwa is holding a white banner and it says 'Welcome to LA, Seo Joo Hyun ♥" written on it then he stood there and waits.

 

 

Seohyun just got from the plane with her red trolley. Seohyun is wearing a cream white, long sleeved cardigan, brown shirt then a scarf tied on her neck. Together with his black pants and sandals on. "This is it! I'm now in LA." She smiled. 

 

 

Seohyun glanced around the airport until she saw......

 

 

Author's note: *sighs* I feel lazy to update today ^^ but hope you liked the update! Next chapter will be the continuation of this ^^ 

Leave a comment neh? And I'm sorry that I cut the LA part hahahaha ^^ Want more? Then stay tune for the next chapter :)))