Special Chapter: Awakening

Enchanted (HIATUS)

Special chapter for you guys! *cough cough* enjoy! :) ^^

 

 

1977 - 4 months later after the accident

 

The sound of heartbeat beeping inside the room with the little girl lying unconsciously on her bed.  Wearing her hospital gown with an intravenus injected on her hand and with an oxygen in her nose. She is not alone. There is her mom standing beside her, wearing a mask and a coat. Sobbing while her daughter's forehead.

"Seohyunnie... when are you gonna wake up? Seohyunnie, we miss you." Mrs. Seo said, removed her mask down, as she smiled faintly then she kissed gently on her forehead. "You know what, I bought you many, many books to read while you are sleeping. You like that, huh? Anyway, when you wake up, I'll show them to you. Seohyunnie, we love you. I don't know what will happen when we lose you. You are my other half." Her mother is still crying and sniffing when she saw her daughter is still not responding. And then, she hugged her daughter with love. A mother's love.

Suddenly, the little girl's fingers moved. Seohyun opened her eyes slowly and her vision is blur. She began blinked her eyes in countless times until her vision became clear. The girl slowly moved her iris to the left then she looked up. There, she saw her mother hugging her and her. At first, she didn't speak up but instead she slowly moved her right hand and she put it on her mother's arms. "Eomma." Her voice is weak.

Mrs. Seo felt something on her arm until she glanced down. She heard someone's calling her in a weak voice. She became surprised as she saw her daughter became responding after 4 months. "Seohyunnie..?" She withdrew from a hug until then she cupped her daughter's cheeks. "Seohyunnie...?! Oh, Seohyunnie... It's a miracle. Thank God you hear our prayers." Mrs. Seo smiled as her tears streaming down on her cheeks.

"Eomma...? I-I'm fine now, right? Eomma...?" Little Seohyun's voice still weak.  

"Y-yes. *sniff* yes, you are. Wait for me, I'll call the nurse." Mrs. Seo held her daughter's hand then she kissed it. "Please, wait for me?"

"Eomma... will eomma leave me?"

"No. Not at all. Your eomma will be here. I'll call the nurse. Wait for me, okay? Mom will never leave you. I promise." 

"Okay eomma." Little Seohyun said as her mom kissed her forehead then she leaves the room for awhile to call the nurse.

 

 


At Jung's residence:

"Eunhye noona, I had a nightmare last night. I'm scared." The little boy lying on his bed as he pulled his blanket over his body, trembling in fear.

"Aww.. What Yonghwa boy dreamt about? About monsters? Ghost?" Her noona began the boy's forehead while she sat beside him.

"I saw... a.. g-girl... got into.. an accident... she got hit... by a car...." Little Yonghwa stuttered in fear.

"A girl? Did you saw how she looks like? Her face?"

"Aniyo."

"Why scary?"

"Because I don't like it. Yonghwa don't like it. She... has a blood on her face. Wearing a pink dress. I saw it." Still trembling in fear as he hugged his teddy bear infront of his chest.

"Okay. How about I'll sleep here tonight? And I'll sing you a lullaby? How is that?" Eunhye plastered a smile on her face as she ruffled the boy's hair.

"Sure." Little Yonghwa said in glee on his bed. Then Eunhye shifted on the bed, settled down beside Yonghwa then she lie down, facing her dongsaeng. "Don't worry, noona will not leave you."

"Promise?" Yonghwa said as he raised his pinky.

"Promise." The little Jung siblings held each other's pinky. "I'm gonna sing you a lullaby, okay? If you have nightmares again, I'll be right here beside you. Are you ready?" The little Yonghwa nods. "Now close your eyes." Little Yonghwa obeyed then the 14-year-old girl began to sing beside him, hugging him and him.

 

 


"Maam, you are now ready for discharge. Seo Joo Hyun-ssi, take care and stay in good health, okay?" The nurse said as she pat the little girl's head. Then the latter nods.

"Kamsahamnida." Seohyun cheekily smiled then the nurse leaves the room. Seohyun became better after she woke up in 7 days ago. On her first day, she had a confusion. She didn't recognize each people she met, all of them except her mom and her dad. until the next day, her memory regained. Little by little.

Her doctor said her memory will continue regain in 6-10 months. Miracles, she had her fresh start and it was fast. 2 days ago after she woke up, she recognized the people she met and it'll continue as long as she recognized it all, all of her past. Additionally, she even said that Seohyun is smart because she can easily familiarized her surroundings. 

 

Inside the room, Mr. and Mrs. Seo are done packing their things and belongings with the help of the Im parents. Seohyun is now wearing her casual clothes with a sweater on. She and Yoona are talking while sitting on the couch. 

"Unnie, I miss you. If you are already okay, let's play. I miss you very much. I'm lonely back then." Little Yoona pouted with a doll on her hand.

"Sure. Let's play." Seohyun patted her bestfriend's head.

"Girls, let's go out now." Mr. Seo and Mr. Im smiled as they called the young girls talking while sitting on a couch. The two adults are now holding the bags and ready to leave.

"Seohyun, your backpack." Mrs. Seo smiled as she handed the bag of her daughter to her. Then the two stood up as they came toward the door. "Let's go?" Mrs. Seo asked her daughter as the latter suit herself with her backpack.

"Ready." Little Seohyun cheekily smiled as she thumbed up to her mom.

"Seohyun? You left this." Yoona came toward then handed over the pink ribbon to Seohyun while the latter stared at the object. "It's yours."

"No. No, it's not." Seohyun said. "If it's mine, then I'll give it that to you. I think I have many of that at our house."

This is not my style. I'm kinda boyish sometimes. Err. Yoona thought. (Sounds like Kris????!)

"It's time to go." Mrs. Im said as the two families leave.

 

 


2 years later - Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.

"Yonghwa? What are you doing here?" Grandpa Jung saw his grandchild sitting at their backyard. Staring the night sky. "Still not sleepy?"

"Aniyo haraboji." He said as the summer wind blew caress his face. Still looking up. He saw the stars twinkling.

"Why are you not playing with your neighbors, to your childhood friends here?"

"Haraboji, I'm not a kid anymore." Yonghwa confidently smiled. "I'm now 11 and I'm a big boy now."

"Aigoo." Grandpa Jung came toward to the boy behind then he sit beside him.

"Grandpa Jung, I met someone but I still haven't seen her. I just seen her once. Only once. I want her to be my friend since 2 years ago." The boy looked down to the ground as he said. Grandpa Jung did nothing but he sighed.

"Well boy, your fate will take care of you two." Grandpa Jung smiled. "I'm sure you'll meet her. Someday." He circled his arms to the boy's shoulders. Then Yonghwa, the 11-year-old nods as he looked up then continue staring the night sky. Beautiful. Yonghwa thought.

 

 


At Seo's residence:

Seohyun still didn't have her sleep. She can't sleep but still wearing her nightgown. She went to the terrace then she looked up, staring the beautiful night sky. The wind blew and it caress her face. She enjoyed it and she felt the night breeze as she closed her eyes. She opened her eyes again then she saw the stars twinkling in a pitch black sky. Beautiful. Seohyun thought.

"Let the fate take care of me." She said it to herself.

 

 

Author's note: Hello :) How's the special chappie? Keke~ The next update will be the at the party. Wooh! More YongSeo to come :3