California

Enchanted (HIATUS)

 

Yonghwa's POV:

Los Angeles, California - Kwon Residences

 

After all those 12 hours of flight from Seoul, we were now arrived to my aunt's mansion and she let us stay there. This mansion were used to be our other house here in Los Angeles until my aunt ended up married to a great Korean actor. Grandpa used to be owned this mansion but now, this house is currently on Auntie BoA's property. Thanks to Haraboji. 

 

My auntie's surname changed from Jung to Kwon. Jung Woo Bi's younger sister or shall we say my father's younger sister. She is just 28 years old and she is my favorite aunt ever since when I was young. I used to be her playmate also together with Eunhye noona. She is also a cool person with a bubbly personality that I know just like Grandpa. She has also her funny sides just like Grandpa. She is also a great and famous dancer here in America.

 

Now, she's carrying another life with her. Auntie BoA is already a 4 months pregnant wearing a creamy white pregnancy dress. My aunt that we used to be our playmate is a future mother now. 

 

 

We were already inside the living room as we sat on a sofa with Auntie BoA. "Uhm... Butler Yang. There luggages, please moved it to there rooms." She said as she caressed her tummy by her hand.

"Yes Madam." Butler Yang bowed his head as he said then leaves the room to do his order. Auntie BoA glanced back to my grandpa as she held his hand at her left side.

"How are you appa?" Auntie BoA asked with a worried expression on her face.

"I'm fine. Don't worry, 2 days to go and I'll go to Dr. Williams at California State Hospital." Grandpa gave her a smile as he response while he placed his hand on hers then auntie just nods.

"Hey guys, how are you doing? Yonghwa, you are already grown up. Its been all years." She asked us as she placed her hand to her belly.

"We are okay, auntie. Look at you, you are gonna be a mommy soon. We are proud of you." I smiled.

"Yeah~ I can't wait to see our baby cousin." Eunhye noona said as she raised her hand then auntie chuckles a little.

"How's our baby cousin in there?" I said as I leaned forward as I glanced at her belly.

"Baby is doing good here." Auntie BoA smiled at us.

"BoA, please tell to my grandchild that haraboji is excited to see you."

"She can hear you appa." BoA smiled as she replied.

"She?? Oh~ It's a girl~ Kyaa~ I bet your daughter is beautiful as you." Eunhye shrieked like a fangirl while she cupped her cheeks as she grinned ear-to-ear. 

"What's her name?" I asked my auntie as I glanced at her.

"Still undecided yet." Auntie BoA just shrugged as she said.

 

 

"Where's your husband?" Grandpa asked her daughter.

"Went out for his project. He'll be here in a few hours." Auntie BoA replied. "Uhm... Would you like to rest for a moment? Youngsters are quite tired today." Auntie BoA stood up by herself as she took a look from us while her hand is still on her tummy. "Especially you appa. Go to the room and sleep. Your room is at the left corner. Come on, follow me." Auntie BoA gestured us to follow her as we headed upstairs.

"Auntie, be careful while taking upstairs." I said it in concern while heading to the upper floor.

"Aigoo Yonghwa, your auntie can do this. I need some exercise too also." Then Auntie BoA came toward to me as she reached her hand then pats my cheek. "Yonghwa boy is concern to me huh~ Aigoo! Because I'm pregnant eh? Aish, I think you will be a good father because you are very caring." Auntie BoA ruffles my hair then haraboji and noona is at behind us, watching. "Is my Yonghwa has a girlfriend right now?"

"Y-yeah." I said then I felt my cheeks became hot and flustered.

"Perfect! Aigoo~ please married already! I need my baby girl a playmate. Jebal~ Many playmates okay?" Auntie BoA said as she grinned ear-to-ear. I heard some playful laughters behind my back.

"Hyah~ Noona, haraboji~" I said as I turned around to face them. My cheeks turning red, redder and redder. I think.

"Hahaha~" The two is still laughing. "Ahem, don't worry auntie. I know Yonghwa, he is not that kind of selfish. He can give you some right away~ Auntie, he is like a genie. He can grant your wishes immediately~" Eunhye noona laughed again as my eyes went wide.

"Hyah noona~" 


 

Its been a 1 week of sleepless nights and my mind is full of her. Its been a week without her presence and I truly miss her. Flipping pictures one by one as I remember the things, the memories that we cherished back at to the loveliest place called Seoul. 

 

Before I left, I always proved to her that she's my everything. I treated her like my one and only queen in my life. My queen that crowns forever in my world.

 

I even said to her that even the earthquakes can't shake us nor the hurricanes can't break us, even the whole world is going to an end, I still love her no matter what. That's the way I love her.

 

She is my first love. My first woman that gives color to my black and white world. She's the one who paint my world and she's the one who gives the meaning of love. 

 

I even soon realized, even though we were apart, this is the part of me that I really, really to see her so bad. So does the love. My love for her went deeper, went madder, went grewer and went stronger.

 

There is also the part of me that I find myself smiling for no reason. Call me crazy but I considered myself as inspired. Being in love is having your inspiration to do cherish your everyday life, to make my day productive because of her.

 

One time, one music that really payed my attention. As I heard the song titled Can't Fight This Feeling, I remember that I sang the song infront of her while we are in her one and only favorite place. Also, that's the same day when we are officially together now with no hesitation. Thus, we are still both happy. We are happy what we are doing right now.

 

Sometimes, flipping the pictures one by one is not enough. Its like, you just want to add some more, add some more lovely memories to enjoy ourselves because that's life to cherish it. We, humans, have to enjoy the life because there is no turning back. We have to set our heart in our everyday life without regret. Life is also a choice. Sometimes, we have to be wiser too. Think about it.

 

Only memories will stay forever.

 

 

And here I am, she's the one. The one and only that enters in my mind. Seo Joo Hyun will be forever stay in my mind.

 

I'm not just that happy. I'm great because of her. 

 

Soon, it will be enchanted to meet her again.


 


Early August - 1989

 

Still at Kwon Residences:

 

*ding dong*

 

I went to a front door as I turned the knob. Behind it, I saw a petite figure, short-haired girl standing infront of me. "Oh? Ellie Chan? You drop by."

"Hi Yonghwa." Ellie Chan, my childhood friend here in America. She is also a Korean.

"Come in." I gestured her inside as I closed the door behind me. We headed to the living room then we sit on a sofa.

"How are you?" She asked me with her smile plastered on her face while she sits infront of me.

"I'm fine. How did you know that I'm here? Uhm... Give Ellie an iced chocolate drink please." I said to one of the maids then they followed my order.

"Ah.. You don't have to." Ellie said as she waved her hands in the air.

"It's okay since it is getting hot outside. Its summer." I said then I cleared my throat before I spoke again. "Say, how did you know?"

"Well, Eunhye unnie and I met somewhere yesterday together with her boyfriend. Then she's the one who brings me here." Then a maid came to us with 2 drinks on tray as she put it on table. "Thanks." We said it in unison.

"Ahh... I see." I said as I took a sip of my drink. "How 'bout you?"

"I'm fine..." She said with her eye smile. "I haven't seen you in 5 years. How's Seoul?" She asked as she took a sip of her drink too.

"Beautiful as always. You can visit anytime you want." I said as I gave her a smile.

"Sure~ If my parents let me to."

"They will." I assured her with a smile. "You're now 22 but you still look short." I said as I laughed to my last words. "I just can't believe it because you are 1 year older than me."

"Hyah~" Ellie half-shouted at me at on her seat.

 

"How's your grandpa?" Ellie asked with her full of concern written on her face.

"Oh~ he's fine. He is resting right now at his room."

"Oh well~ I just heard about his condition." Ellie stood up as she came toward me. "He'll be okay." She said as she rested her hand on my shoulder then she caressed it down to my arm.

"Uhm... Thanks Ellie." I said as I removed her hand on my arm. "Excuse me for a minute." I rose up from my seat then walked away to leave the room.

 

As I about to go upstairs then a high-pitched girl called me. "Yonghwa~" I stood still as I backfacing her. Then I heard her stomped as she came towards me then she encircled her arms on my waist. 

"Yonghwa~ I miss you~ I miss you very much. I really, really miss you~ And I love you." She said as she backhugging me. I paused for a second then I sighed.

"Ellie~" I said as I'm trying to break free from her grip. "Not this time~ I love Seohyun and I'm sorry~" I said after I freed from her grip as I faced her.

 

Then I left her crying inside the room, alone.

 

 

Author's note: Oh~~ Hello guys! Hope you like the update :)

Leave a comment keke~ Your comment makes me stronger \m/

Happy 101 subbies :)) You guys rock :* :* mwuah mwuah! I really really love you guys :)