Seo Joo Hyun

Enchanted (HIATUS)

 

Seoul, South Korea. 1989 

 

Author's POV:

It is Saturday morning in a fancy Italian restaurant. A girl wore her long, pink apron with her T-shirt and pants underneath. She is jotting down orders from her customers in each table. Her name is Seo Joo-Hyun. A part-time waitress and that restaurant, it is own by her mother. While, her father works as a brand manager at S.M. Department.

 

She grew up in just a simple life with her family rather than living in a wealth and fame. Seohyun is very hardworking. Well, her job is actually an Executive Assistant at Lotte Department, One of the most successful market in Seoul. Weekdays, she's inside the office. Weekends, Helping her mom to run her restaurant. That's why she is here. Now.

 

"Okay sir, I have your orders now. It will be here soon. Kamsahamnida." Seo Joo Hyun said as she walks afar from the table then heads to the counter. "Yoona unnie, one pizza romana, one Italian spaghetti, one Lasagna and 2 Iced Cappuccino." 

"Coming right soon." Yoona, Seo Joo Hyun's bestfriend since diapers.

"Thanks." 

"Unnie, we are now 21 but still, you have no namjachingu. You have so many suitors eh?"

"Unnie, Its just that, I have no time for that and I don't like ALL of them. Period." Seo Joo-Hyun emphasized the word 'all'.

"And you are so workaholic. Its like you are working like there's no tomorrow. And do you want to be grown like an ahjumma? old and single? Or ended up you become a nun? Don't be like that unnie. You are pretty. Sometimes in our age, we have to do something fun in ourselves. Cheer up! Many boys are waiting for you."

"Err.. There's a time for that especially for being in love. You don't chase love. Love chases you. True love waits, right? It will be gonna fix in your time. Love is unexpected and unpredictable. It may come today, later, tonight, tomorrow, next week, months, years or so. We are not that sure." As Seo Joo Hyun ruffles her bestfriend's hair. "Keep that in mind. I trust God he will do something... something magical in my life. You have to trust Him too, Yoona. I know someday, you'll found one." 

"Well fine, Seohyun. I like that real talk of yours." Yoona said.

"Whatever. I expect you'll learn."

 

 


 

Seohyun's POV:

Yoona-ah?! Haha, why are you so concern about it even though it is not your problem? You are always being like that. It is not my problem anyways. You are the one who started it. You are the one who setting blind dates, introducing me to your friends but all of them were boys. But none of them I said 'yes' to them. Don't worry, I still love you like my sister since I'm the only child in our family. Its quite lonely since back but when Yoona was moved to our neighborhood then we became friends, I treated her like my only one sibling. Until now, we have a strong bond relationship.

 

It is nearly lunch break. I went to the lockers room at the back of the kitchen. I hung my apron inside the cabinet then later some of our other employees who were assigned to the afternoon shift will continue taking care of our customers even though we are not around because we are assigned in the morning shift. Including us. Yoona and me. 

 

For those who assigned in morning shift, it takes 8 hours. 6am to 2pm. In afternoon shift, 11am-7pm while who assigned in overtime adds 2 hours from 7pm. So our services opens at 6am-9pm. Yes, we do have holidays and rest days. Sometimes, we take half-day service, it depends on it. 

 

Now, where is Yoona? Ooh.. There she is.

 

"Seohyun? Where have you been? You went in the middle of nowhere while we talked. I didn't see you back then." Yoona said.

"I was gone to the lockers room. Getting ready for our break. I'm sorry I didn't have an excuse before I go."

"Its okay. Let's go?! LET'S EAT SOMEWHERE!" 

Yes. Food. As I expected.

"Sure. Let's go!" I said.

As we headed to the main door as we exited. As we step outside, Yoona look at me then to my shoes. "Seohyun-ah? Your shoelace..."

"Oh.. Wait a minute! Give me some time to tie these. Go and wait for a..." 

"Yes, a taxi. I'M HUNGRY!!" then rans.

"I was about to say that first. Wow, she rans so fast..." then ties my shoelaces. 

Now I'm done. Good. As I stood back, I think I bumped into someone. I stumbled then falled. "Ouch." I cried.

"I'm sorry, Miss. I didn't saw you coming." It is a deep voice. I expect its a male.

"I'm... O-o.." I said as I look up from the ground. I saw his face, an angelic face then he reached his hands to help me up but I'm still strucked by his looks. Am I dreaming? How could a man like him do exists? Angel? He... Is so... Perfect. 

 


 

Author's POV:

"Uhmm... Miss?" The guy said while waving his hand then kneeled to Seohyun. "Miss?" 

"Ehh??" Seohyun surprisingly said. Did I stare him that TOO long? She taught. 

"You okay?" The guy said.

"Yea.. Yeah.. I-I-I am f-f-fi-ne. Fi-ne." she stutters. Am I stuttering?

 


 

Seohyun's POV: 

Geez! I think I stare him for too long.

I stuttered.

Pabo! Pabo!