Oppa?

Runaway Little Ghost

I picked up the clothes he prepared for me. A white shirt an what appears to be a boxer. Holy cow! This shirt could be my night dress. Tsk. Goes to show how petite I am compared to his built, tall, y..Gui Gui! I mentally slapped myself in the head and prepared for shower. Luckily I have packed extra underwear in my bag for when I have periods because this little body just wont do with regular periods. I sighed in relief when I found my bag at the foot of the bed. I went into the shower room and was in awe immediately. 

It was spanking clean like it was never used before. I can smell the aftershave in here. The shower was walled up with glass. Inside the shower unit was a white marble bath tub. There were even scented candles on the side of the bath tub. The toilet was on the other side of the room. The walls are covered with black and white tiles. There was a white cupboard attached to the wall not far from the hower unit, Stripping myself off, I the hot bath and lied myself in the bathtub. Ahhh..now this is more like it. Afraid that I might fall asleep from this hot bath, I quickly scrub myself off. 

While drying my hair, I could not help the urge to look into the cupboard. I was wondering what stuff he might put n there. Opening it slowly so as to not create any noise, I found a few men's item. Face wash, shaver, toothbrush, etc. Oh. Well, the typical type. I decided to go out of the bathroom. I packed my dirty clothes in my bag and slowly, nervously went out of the room. 

I came out of the bedroom to a nice living room. He was sitting on the sofa watching who-the-hell-knows-what. At the sound of the door click, he turned his head to the side and held his laughter at the sight of me. He seemed pretty amused. His dimples are showing again. 

"Sorry I couldnt find you a smaller shirt. That's the smallest I have. Didnt think you would be that petite," he teased. 

Once again, I felt my face hot. "It-its okay, this is fine," I sat on the couch not far from where he is sitting. 

"May I borrow your phone? I need to tell Seohyunnie that I'm fine. Mine's dead and I dont have the charger," I asked, politely.

He smiled and got up towards the TV cabinet and took out a charger and his iPhone. 

"Here, use mine. This is the charger," he handed me his iPhone and charger. 

"Thanks," I said, and immediately dialled SSeohyun's number. Its incredible that I can memorize her number!

"Oppa? Waeyo? " Seohyun answered, thinking it was that guy who called. 

"Seohyunnie! Its me!" I said, trying to lower my voice. I noticed him sitting back down where he was and continued watching TV. 

"Oh unnie! Kenchanayo? Where are you?" she asked, a bit worried. 

"I'm okay. I'm currently at Ok Taecyeon's house. He said the road to our apartment was blocked," I said, wanting to make sure that this is guy wasnt lying, I managed to glance at him and again, wrong timing as he caught me. He smiled and resumed watching TV. 

"Unnie, you mean, Ok Taecyeon Oppa? Unnie, he's older than you. You should call him Oppa," I sensed Seohyun being choding. Ai chincha! Ever since she dated Yonghwa, she became such a teaser herself. 

"De? Arrasso, arrasso! Sehyunnie, are you alone at home?" I asked, worrying over her like a big sister would do. 

Just then I heard Yonghwa's voice calling out for her. 

"Yah Seohyun-ah! He's there? What are you doing?" I asked, worried that Yonghwa might do ugly stuff to her. Its not that I dont trust Yonghwas but still, Seohyun's pretty innocent. I just wanted to protect her. 

"Dont worry unnie, we're okay. He wont do anything stupid. I wont let him," Seohyun said as if reading my mind. 

"Unnie, I gotta go. Yong Oppa's being annoying if I dont hang up. Bye! See you tomorrow!" and she hung up on me. Seriously? Aish!

I handed over his iPhone and thanked him as I charge my iPhone. 

It was then an awkard silence. I started fidgeting as I was just feeling so uncomfortable. 

"You're not Korean," he said. It was more like a statement than a question. Just then he switched off the TV and propped himslef to sit facing me. I squirmed in my seat. I was not used to wearing a man's clothing and sitting next to him. I started scratching my not so itchy head. 

"De?" I pretended I didnt hear the question. 

"You're not Korean?" this time he made it sound like a question. 

Again I scratch my head. 

"How did you know?" I asked, avoiding his eye contact, Then I realised it was rude to do so. So, I braved myself and looked up. That's when I caught him looking at me. 

"Your accent," he said simply. 

"Oh," I said, speechless.

"So, what brought you here?" he asked again, obviously trying to start a conversation. 

What brought me here to Seoul? Let's see. To avoid my parents' painful divorce. To have a new life life. To runaway from the pain of problems. Actually, his question made me wondered the real reason I was here. Do I trust him enough to tell him the boring conflicts of my life? Of how I was abandoned by my own biological mother? I decided, maybe not. I faked a smile. "I just wanted to learn the Korean culture,"

He chuckled. "You do know how to answer difficult question, huh?" So, he did know that I'm not telling him the truth.

After a long awkward silence, well, at least for me it is, I decided to fool around a bit. Assa! Now bubbliness came back. I siled at that thought. 

"Oppa," I suddenly exclaimed. 

He was so shocked that he almost dropped the TV remote control. He looked at me, twice. I noticed his small eys became big. I wanted to laugh so hard but I held it in. 

"D-de?" at last he found his voice. 

"Seohyunnie said I should call you Oppa. Because you're older than me," I explained. 

He let out a nervous laugh. Suddenly, his guards are crushed. Now I was wondering whether anyone ever called him oppa before. Impossible! Seeing that he could not answer, I tried again. 

"But you're only a year older, right?" I probed. 

He adjusted his sitting position again. This time he got his guard back. 

"Oppa is still oppa," he answered, proudly smiling. 

"Oppa," I said  again. 

"Hmm?" he  answered. And right then I felt my heart thumped. I heard that pulse again. Something aout the way he answered me made me somewhat shy. 

I let out a massive yawn.

"You must be tired. You should sleep. It will leesen your flu. Go sleep in my room. I'll sleep on this couch," He said. 

I felt uncomfortable invading his personal space. I tried to object but beofre I have any chance to do so, I was abruptly cut in. 

"It's fine. Now go. Its gtting late," He said, pointing at the door. 

At lost for words, I got up and went into the room. Feeling appreciative, I turned around and called out, This time, sincerely. 

"Oppa, good night, and thanks," I said, not really daring to look into his eyes. 

He smiled and showed me the dimples. "Good night Gui Gui," 

 

 

 

 

***Hi guys! So glad seeing the subscribers adding up each day. Thank you so much for subscribing! And please pretty please if you're kind enough, please upvote! I hope you like today's update. I just had the chance to update using my laptap so this time the update will be longer. Still staying in the hospital tonight with mom. For now she's doing so well with the chemotherapy. No major side effects. Fingers crossed she'll get throught the rest of the chemo just fine and be rid of leukemia! And last but not least, thank you for reading my story! ^.^***