Misunderstood

Runaway Little Ghost

Gui Gui 

"Wait, wh-what?" Henry asked, confused. 

"They threatened to kill him, Henry. How could I not run away?" I said, bursting into tears. 

Immediately Henry was by my side, his arm over my shoulder, hi hand going up and down over my arm to calm me down. 

"H-how did she even know where you live? And how did she even know about Aaron?" Henry asked, pulling a chair over to sit next to me. 

I wiped away my tears. 

"I dont know. I seriously dont know," I said weakly. 

"Why didnt you tell me this?" Henry asked, looking worried. 

"How could I, Henry? Taec Oppa's liife is in my hands," I said to him.

"Hey, thats okay. He's safe," Henry assured. 

Henry then leaned against the chaur and took a deep breath. He raked his hand over his hair, making them look dishiveled. 

"Does you dad know?" he asked again. 

I shook my head.

"I just didnt want him to worry," I said, reaching over for a tissue to wipe my tears and nose. 

"That's okay. I know now. We'll figure something out," he said, assuring me. 

I nodded. 

"Wait, arent you supposed to be in school? Does anyone else know you're here?" I asked suddenly realising the reality. 

He chuckled as he shook his head.

"I have no problem skipping school. Only Amber knows I'm here," he replied. 

I nodded again. I felt relied washed over me after I told Henry what happened. This pain has been killing me inside. Now I have someone to confide in. And maybe, Henry can help figure something out. 

"Are you sure your dad's okay with me staying here?" Henry asked nervously.

We were in the guest room. I decided to tidy up the room so that Henry can have a rest. 

"Henry, he's a great man. Dont worry. I'm sure he'll like you," I said, airing the pillows outside on the verandah. 

"Wow, this place is cool. I think I might just stay here," he said, as he lay himself on the bed. 

"Stay as long as you like," I smiled, getting out of the room. 

"Gui Gui," he called out the moment I reached the door. 

I looked back. Henry was sitting on the bed. 

"We'll fix this, somehow," he assured me, giving me a thumbs up. 

I smiled and nodded. Thank God I got to know Henry. 

***
Taecyeon

"Any news?" Khun asked that evening. 

Khun decided to bring Victoria over to cook for dinner. Apparently, he was worried that I wasnt eating well. How could I when the love of my life is still missing? 

I was lying helplessly on the couch, just staring at the ceiling. I shook my head weakly at Khun's question. 

Khun sighed as he took a seat near the couch I'm at. Victoria went to the kitchen silently. 

"You have to eat, man. Look, I know you dont have the appetite. But please, eat something. How else are you going to continue looking for her if you dont eat?" Khun scolded. 

I sighed and sat up. I felt tears in my eyes. I quickly buried my face in my hands. I fel Khun's arm around my shoulder. 

"We'll find her, Taec. We will. But first, you have to eat,"Khun assured me. 

With my face still buried in my hands, I nodded. 

That night I forced myself to eat. I was determined on finding Gui Gui no matter what it takes. 

***
Gui Gui 

"Papa, meet Henry. Henry, meet Papa," I introduced them to each other the moment Papa was at home. 

Papa took a once-over towards Henry. Leaning close to me, Papa whsipered. 

"Ying Jie-ah, is he your boyfriend?" he whispered. 

I laughed at his question, making Papa bewildered. 

"Papa, he's my friend," I answered, to which Henry smiled widely. 

Papa realised his mistake and awkwardly scratched his head. He then turned to Henry. 

"Hello, nice to meet you," Papa said in English. 

Henry chuckled and immediately offered a hand to shake Papa's. 

"Uncle, ni hao. Wo shi Henry. Thank you for letting me stay here," Henry said in fluent Mandarin Chinese. 

Papa was surprised. He blinked his eyes, his mouth opened as he held out a hand to shake Henry's. He looked at me then Henry. 

"So you can speak Chinese?" Papa asked, bewildered. 

"I am Chinese, uncle," Henry replied politely, smiling brightly. 

"Papa, lets have dinner. We'll talk more, okay?" I said, motioning the two men to the dining table. 

That night Papa laughed a lot because of Henry. Henry told him a jokes and even played the guitar for him. Well, its really hard not to like Henry since he has such a bright personality. 

***
Taecyeon

I was doing my work in my office when one of my search team staff came bursting in. I looked up in surprise. 

"Boss! I have news!" the staff said. 

"What is it?" I asked, anticipating. 

"We found her," he said simply. 

Two hours later, I was on a plane, sitting anxiously, with questions in my head. 

***
Gui Gui

"Are you sure you wanna come?" I asked early that morning. 

I was sitting on the doorway, putting on my shoes, ready for my morning run when Henry came out of his room, clearly just woken up. 

"Yeah, just wait a sec. I'll just go wash my face," he said, running towards the bathroom. 

I smiled as I nodded. 

"Wow! I didnt know Okinawa could be this beautiful!" Henry exclaimed, running beside me. 

"Better believe it," I said, catching my breath. 

"First one to reach those kids wins!" he exclaimed and sped up. 

I giggled and followed him from behind. Being petite is an advantage as I caught up to him in no time. I sat down and laughed as soon as I reached the  place where the kids played soccer. 
Henry came along breathlessly. He laughed and sat down beside me. 

Just then the kids came towards us, offering Henry the ball. Henry looked at me and I smiled and nodded. Gladly, Henry got up and patted the boy's head. 

"Okay little guy, lets see what you got," he said in English, awared that those kids are most likely Japanese. 

I watched them play. At the same time I couldnt help but wonder what it would be like to have kids with Taec Oppa. Will they look like me or Taec Oppa? A sense of longing washed over me as I looked over to the sea in front of me. I miss him more each day. 

"Gui Gui! Watch out!" I heard Henry yelled from behind. 

I saw a ball coming towards me and immediatly I dodged. Thankfully, the ball missed me. I giggled as I got up, brushing away the sand off from my shorts. Henry came towards me with kids following behind him. I shook my head in amusement. 

"You should be an idol. You gather fans everywhere you go. Even Papa is hooked on you," I said to him, punching his shoulder lightly. 

"Hmm..maybe I should," he joked, his arms across his chest as he looked to his sides. 

The kids are grinning at him. 

"Kids, lets go!" he exclaimed suddenly. 

All of the sudden, Henry pulled me by the arm,  with the kids pushing me towards the sea. I screamed in surprise, playing along eventually. 

"Woohoo!!!" I heard Henry yelled. 

He was already n the water, the water level to his waist, with the kids swimming around him. I was only standing at the edge, refusing to make myself wet. I shook my head as I watched Henry played with the kids.

***
Gui Gui

"That was fun," Henry said to me on our way back to Papa's place. 

"Everything is fun for you," I muttered, glancing at him, soaking wet. 

He laughed as he entered the house fro the back door, afraid that he'll make the carpet wet. 

I went into the kitchen and boiled some water. While waiting for the water to boil, I decided to take my shower as well. 

I didnt know Henry would take so long to shower. I was already done showering and all dressed up. I knocked on his door.

"Henry! Breakfast!" I yelled. 

I heard a faint yes from inside. Shrugging my shoulder, I went to the kicthen and prepared french toast and bacon. Henry came out a few minutes later, wearing nothing but a towel, wrapped around his waist. I screamed in shock. Covering my eyes, I turned around and avoided landing my eyes on him. 

"Oh my Gosh Henry! What the hell are you doing hald !" I exclaimed, my back towards him. 

I heard Henry chuckled. 

"Come on, its not that bad. I just to grab my clothes from the dryer. Excuse me," he apologised, passing by towards the laundry room. 

Just then, I heard a knock on the door. Who could it be? I walked over to the door and opened it. 

My heart dropped as soon as I realised who it was. 
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"O-Oppa," I said, breathlessly. 

"I found it!" I heard Henry yelled from behind. 

Taec Oppa's eyes flickered from me to Henry. He was taken aback seeing Henry hald- wlaking up behind me. 

"H-hyung," he muttered as soon as he reaxhed behind me. 

After that, everything went too fast. In an instant, Henry was sitting helplessly on the floor, his nose bleeding, as he glanced at Taec Oppa in confusion. 

Taec Oppa on the other hand, was breathing raggedly, obviously angry. 

"How dare you take her away from me1" I heard Taec Oppa yelled and moved forward, wanting to beat Henry again. 

I managed to come between them. I blocked Henry from Taec Oppa, bracing both my hands towards him. 

"Oppa, stop! It's not what you think!" I yelled, trying to make him understand. 

"Liar!" Taec Oppa exclaimed, moving a step forward, his eyes wide in anger. 

"Stop!!" I yelled louder, and that made him stop. 

"Gui Gui?" he asked, confused. 

I sighed as I turned around and kneeled down in front of Henry who was as confused as I am. 

"Are you okay? I'm sorry. Go to your room. I'll deal with him later," I whispered to Henry in which Henry nodded. 

"So you're cheating on me now, huh? Is that why you dissapeared?" Taec Oppa yelled at me the moment Henry was in his room. 

"Oppa, just stop! Stop it, okay!" I yelled back.

Taec Oppa fell silent. 

"Gui Gui, what happened? Why?" he asked, tears forming in his eyes. 

I never saw him cry before. And seeing this sight kills me. I looked down and walked over towards him. Slowly, I reached out and wrapped my arms aorund his waist. He flinched but eventually, he hugged me back tightly, bursting into tears. 

"I miss you so much.." 

 

***hey guys! So i think this will be my last update before I retunr for 3 graveyard shifts starting tomorrow night. And maybe after that, on my 2 days off, I will update, that is if I'm not totally catching up on sleep in my bed. Kekeke! Anyways, many thanks to the new subscribers for choosing my story. And also, recently, I realised some people actually unsubscribe. I really dont mind, This is pure personal choice. And I think I have to make some things clear here. Originally this story was only about TaecGui. I only added YongSeo in it because I think they would be a perfect side character. I am sorry if Gogumas expected me to write more on them but this is actually a TaecGui story. Of course I will try to work aorund on how to get them in the plot. But as of now, I want to focus on TaecGui with their conflicts. I hope I dont offend anyone, especialy Gogumas. So..no one wants to see my wedding photo? (okay, I sounded like someone seeking cheap publisity now) Haha! As always, please comment! xoxo ***