Breaking Away

Runaway Little Ghost

Taecyeon

"What are you looking up to?" Khun startled me. On impulse I put my mini iPad screen down on the bar. Khun smirked. He tried to reach for the mini iPad and before I could seize it, his swift hand caught hold of it. Khun looked at the iPad and few seconds later his eyes widens. 

"So you're a stalker now?" he asked, giving me back my iPad. 

We were in my apartment one night. Khun was there to discuss our assignment. When we had the time to rest, I quietly break into the school's system and got hold of student's profile. I search through everytime students' profile and when I finally found the picture of her, I smiled. Gotcha! 

"I'm not stalking," I lied. 

"Just because you're the director's son doesnt give you the privelege to stalk anybody you like," Khun said, as a matter-of-factly. 

"Khun, you're insensitive!" I said a little too loud. 

Just then, Victoria who was in the kitchen cooking the whole time, came in. Her hands on her hips. She was wearing a pink apron. Her hair neatly tied in a bun. She looked like a decent housewife. 

"Who are you calling insensitive?" she said to me, walking towards Khun who was sitting on the couch sipping his coffee. And as predicted, she sat on Khun's lap and pecked him on the cheek. Then she giggled and Khun grinned. Ugh. Do I really have to watch this? Why do they have to make me envy this? I turned my back on them and continued stalking. 

"Do you know what he's doing?" Khun asked Victoria, a little too loud, purposely doing so to make me listen. 

"What is he up to?" Victoria asked, playing along. 

"He's found a new target. He's stalking her, breaking into the students' profle," Khun explained, laughing. 

"Ai jjinjja..must be one special girl huh? For him to take the effort to make a research about her," Victoria said, giggling. 

Seriously? My ears felt hot from all the teasing. My nose flaring. 

"You know what babe? Maybe I should I call the hyenas and let the know about this. Imagine what hyenas will say," Khun said, in between laughs. Victoria laughed too. I cant take this anymore!

"Yah! You two..!" I shouted, only to see them laugh more. I heaved a sigh and sat down. I tried to ignore them. 

"Dude, is that your way of getting to know a girl? By stalking?" Khun asked, already quieted down. 

"Taec, its not okay to stalk like that," Victoria said, getting up from Khun's lap. 

"I told you I wasnt stalking!" I lied again, my ears still hot. 

"Sure you are," Khun said, shaking his head. 

Victoria went back to the kitchen. Khun then got up and sat beside me. 

"Look man, all the teasing, we didnt really mean it. It's just we dont want you to be stuck in this situation you're having now," Khun said, more serious this time. 

"I know man. I know you got my back," I replied. 

"So, have you tell Yoona off? Geez that girl! " Khun asked, looking disgusted at the mention of Yoona's name. 

My mind drifted back to the time I met Yoona at her apartment a couple of days ago after meeting my dad. She was so happy to finally have me at her apartment. She cooked my favorite dish and even put up candle light. I sat down on the dining table. 

"Jalmokesemida," Yoona said. 

"Yoona, wait!" I said, gathering my courage and words. 

"De? Oppa?" she asked, smiling. It kills me to have to break that smile into tears considering what I have to say later on. 

"Yoona, I uh..I 'm sorry I have to tell you this but I think we should stop," I said, almost in a hurry, 

"Wait, what?" Yoona asked, her smile gone. Her eyes turned cold. 

"I said we have to stop. I dont want this anymore," I said, putting my foot down this time. 

"Oppa..wae? Was it something I said or do? I'm sorry if I ever hurt you. Please, dont stop this," Yoona said, on the verge of tears. She then got up from her seat and kneeled down next to me. I find it hard to do this seeing her this way. 

"Yoona, I cant do this anymore. I..I never liked you. I can only see as my friend," I admitted, feeling a sharp pain on my chest for hurting her like this.

"Oppa! Wae? You said you loved me! Wae? Is there another girl? What does she have that I dont? Tell me! I'll fix it now!" Yoona said in between cries. She was already standing. Her eyes and nose red from crying. He hand clenched into a fist. I have never seen her this upset before. 

"Its not about another girl okay? And you're wrong, I never said I loved you. We just dont mix well. I only did this for my dad. And today I decided I cant do this anymore," I explained, getting up from my seat. Just then Yoona grabbed my arm and begged. 

"Oppa! Dont leave me! I love you! Please dont do this! I- I can change! Please! I love you Oppa," she begged, tugging at my arm, not wanting to let me go.

I sighed. This is difficult. I turned to look at her and gently loosened her grip on my arm. I looked her in the eyes and say " I dont love you Yoona. Never was. I'm so sorry," Then, without delay, I walked out of her apartment, leaving her sitting on the floor, crying.

"Taec?" Khun jolted me back to reality.

I cleared my throat. Then I drank my coffee. I smiled at Khun. 

"I did it. I told her off," I replied. Khun patted my back. 

"Proud of you bro," He said, giving me that eye smile. 

"Boys! Dinner's ready!" Victoria shouted from the kitchen. 

"So Khun, when are going to marry Victoria?" I joked. 

"Soon man, soon," he said as he gently punched my arm signaling us to race to the dining table. 

***

That night, before sleeping, I took my iPad and unlocked it. There, on the screen is her photo. I have finally found her name. Wu Ying Jie. Now I have to figure out a way to get close to her. But in the meantime, I have to look at her from far. Soon enough, I drifted off to sleep. 

I wasn't sure where or how I ended up in this beautiful garden. I looked down and realised I was wearing a white tuxedo over a black pants. How the heck..? I looked around and that's when I saw her, sitting on the ground, a white rabbit in her hands. She was smiling brightly holding the rabbit to her face. She was wearing a white dress down to her mid thigh. Her hair wavy over her back. I noticed that purple highlights. She wore a head crown made of grass over her small head. 

I walked over to her and she noticed me. Giving me smile, she stood up and walked towards me. I was captured by her bright big eyes. She was inches closer to me with her head down, shy. I noticed how small she was. She was standing only up to my chest. I can smell her flowery scent. I gently pushed up her chin using my thumb to meet my gaze. Then I cupped her chin. I realized she has plush, kissable lips. I leaned down to her face and tilted my head slightly. She closed her eyes, as if anticipating my kiss. I leaned down further to kiss her. Suddenly she dissapeared into thin air...