143 486

Runaway Little Ghost

Taecyeon

"Stupid! Stupid! Why cant you control your lust! Now you're scaring her!" I cursed all the way home. 

I slammed the door shut. I walked over to the bar and grabbed a bottle of Vodka and gulped it.  What the hell was I thinking? A few days in on the relationship and I'm already wanting to sleep with her? Of course she would be scared! How was I so stupid and incosiderate! I cannot forget the look on Gui Gui's face when I hovered her over on the bed.  She looked so scared and confused. I felt so guilty and stupid right now.  I took my phone out of my pocket and swiped the screen to unlock it. I scrolled down the contacts and hit Khun's name right away. 

"Waddup dude?" I heard Khun answered. 

"Are you busy?" I asked, making sure. 

"No, I'm catching up on some work here and there. What's up?" he asked. 

"I dont know how to say this man but I think I might just scared Gui Gui away," I explained, feeling a stab in my chest at the mention of her name. 

"Why? What's going on?" Khun asked again, this time his voice got more serious. 

"Well, uh, how do I say this..ermm..I kind of wanted to try and sleep with her but I think I scared her off. She looked scared and confused," I awkwardly explained. 

"By sleeping, u mean...?" Khun asked, letting the words hang. I nodded and as if he can see me nod, he burst out laughing. 

"Dude! What are you doing?" Khun said, in between laughs. 

"You tell me. I feel so guilty," I sighed. 

"Taec, you're barely a week in this relationship. Maybe she's a ? And maybe you should wait a little longer? Control your lust, man. She needs time," Khun advised. 

Khun has a point. And I admit I messed up. 

"So, what should I do now?" I asked, completely down. 

"Well, maybe see her everyday when you're not busy but keep it down? Maybe distancing yourself and giving her space would be a good idea. Taec, you need to remember, the most important thing is for her to gain your trust," Khun advised. 

I nodded again. Slightly relieved that I talked to Khun about this. 

"Give her some time, Taec. She'll come around. Is she mad at you?" Khun asked. 

"No man, I dont think she's mad. I just think shes scared and confused," I replied, fiddling with my car keys.

"Alright. You'll be fine," Khun assured. 

I smiled and after saying good night, I hang up. I sighed, a sigh of relief. So now I have to give her some space and time. We'll see if that works. 

Just then my phone pings with text message. I swiped my thumb over the screen. It was a text message from Dad. 

'Need help with work. Come to office tomorrow at 8am. Dont be late. This is an order'

I sighed. Here goes work, I thought to myself as I walked towards the bedroom. 

***
Gui Gui

Taec Oppa came by the apartment the next day with some packed lunch from my favorite restaurant. I couldnt help but notice how distant Taec Oppa seemed. He still talk to me as usual but there was something off about him.. Maybe he's mad at me? 

"Gui Gui, are you not hungry?" he asked, jloting me from my inner thoughts. 

"Ah, de Oppa. I'm eating," I answered, giving him a smile. He smiled back. No, he's not mad if he smiles at me. I started eating my food. 

We had a casual conversation that afternoon. I noticed that he avoided intimate contact with me. At the end of his lunch break, he managed to give me a quick kiss before leaving. I frowned as he entered the lift. 

That night I got a message from him saying he wont be able to come by for a couple of days due to work. I never knew he had work. I stopped myself from questioning more and wshed him the best. Maybe he's getting away from him. After all, I did this. Sighing, I plopped myself on the couch, flicking through the channels endlessly until I drifted off to sleep. 

***

After those misrable two days without seeing Taec Oppa, I decided to come by his apartment. I need to do something to make it up for him. I decided to buy him take away foods. Nervously, I rang his bell. A few seconds later, Taec Oppa opened the door. He looked like he just got out of bed. His hair sticking all over the place. He wore nothing but boxer, his abs visible. He yawned and when he realised it was me, he nearly stumbled. 

"Good morning Oppa," I greeted. 

"Gui Gui?" he managed to croak out. 

"Arent you inviting me in?" I said, stiffling a laugh. I have never seen Oppa so off guard when he is awaked and despite his morning look, he still looked incredibly handsome. 

"Ah, right, come on in," he said as soon as he realised he kept me waitinga for a while. 

Once inside the apartment, he helped me took off my coat and carried my things inside. I walked over to the couch and sat myself down. He managed to steal some time to put a shirt on. He then sat down beside me. 

"Gui Gui, what are you doing up so early?" he asked. 

"Early? Oppa, its almost 12 noon," I said, pointing at the clock next to him on the coffee table. 

"De?!" he exclaimed and looked over. He then leaned on the couch. 

"Wow, guess I really slept well," he murmured. 

"Is your work finished Oppa?" I asked, making sure. 

"Yes, Gui Gui. It's done. That's why I slept late," he answered. 

"Good. Then, you have to eat lunch," I said, getting up and prepared the food. Taec Oppa went to take a shower as I prepared. 

We had a great lunch, casually conversing. And when we finished, he instructed me to sit down as he went over to wash the dishes. That was when I need to execute what I had in mind since two days ago. 

I quietly followed Oppa from behind as he carried the dishes to the sink and starts washing. I leaned against the kitchen counter and watch him from behind. Whether he knew I was watching or not, I was too nervous to care. After a while, taking my breath, I went over and backhugged him. He froze. He then turned off the tap and turned around. I leaned my head on his chest. He carefully put his hands on my waist. 

"Wae?" he asked, his voice gentle. 

"I miss you," I whispered, loud enough for him to hear me. 

I can tell he was smiling as he kissed the top of my head. 

"I miss you too," he replied. 

I took my chance and pulled neck down and immediately kissed him. He was startled at first but then he responded to my kissed. He lifted me up and put me on the kithen coounter, so that I was at the same level as he was. I continued to kiss him passionately as I began to his button up white linen shirt. Suddenly he stopped kissing me and caught hold of my hand. 

"Gui Gui, stop," he breathed, looking at me in the eye. 

"Oppa..I thought this is what you wanted," I croaked, feeling a litte dissapointed. 

"Yes, I would love to but not now, he replied, cupping my face in his hand. 

"Oppa, why?" I managed to answer, feeling a lump growing in my throat. 

"I dont want it if you do it to make me happy," he answered, kissing my lips lightly. 

"Oppa, I dont understand..you were mad at me for pushing you away" I asnwered, feeling the tears in eyes. 

"I'm not mad Gui Gui. At least not at you. I'm mad at myself for having these nasty thoughts of wanting to sleep with you when we were barely a few days in on our relationship. I dont want to make you uncomfortable. And I certainly dont want you throwing yourself at me just because you want me to be happy. I dont want to ruin you Gui Gui. I want to make you happy, to protect you," he explained, removing the strand of hair off my face. 

I felt so embarrassed hearing his explanation. I felt like an idiot throwing myself at him today. I burst into tears. 

"Shh, Gui Gui, dont cry. I hate to see you cry. Please, smile for me," he said, hugging me tight. 

"I love you Gui Gui," he whispered, looking at me again. 

I smiled. He finally said it, those 3 words. 

"I love you too Oppa," I replied, kissng him back. 

"So from now on, if I make you uncomfortable, please let me know, okay? Just be honest with me,  okay?" he said, looking at me.

I nodded and hugged him tight. 

Be honest, huh? How can I tell him about my painful past? 

 

 

 

*** Hey guys! I'm so sorry for the late update. I guess I was kind of busy with stuff at home. I hope you like this update. Thanks you so much for subscribing! Enjoy! xoxo ***