Who's Who

Runaway Little Ghost

Damn. My eyes snapped pen at the shrilling sound of my phone. Who the heck would be calling at this early in the morning? I lazily picked up my phone and looked at the screen to check the caller ID. I slide my finger on the screen to answer. 

“Unnie!” I heard Seohyun over the phone. 

“De Seohyun-ah. Wae yo?” I asked, still groggy. 

“Unnie, kencahana-yo? Yong Oppa and I are here downstairs. The road’s clear so we decided to come pick you up. Yah Unnie, you’re still in bed? Aishh...its not like you to stay in bed at this hour. Omo! What were you doing with Taecyeon Oppa? Eiii..!” Seohyun said. Heol~. I have never heard her talk this lengthy before. 

“Give me 15 minutes. I’ll be down,” I said, as I glanced at the clock on the wall. 10AM?! 

“Unnie, is Taec Oppa there? Does he not want you to leave?” Seohyun teased. 

“15 minutes,” I said and hang up. Aish, jjinja! Teasing at this time? 

I looked to my right and saw Taecyeon sleeping soundly. How does one sleep and not wake up to he sound of anything? And then the memories of last night crept into my mind. My face felt hot. What was I doing? Shaking my head to supposedly shake off that embarrassing memory, I slowly got out of bed so not to wake him up. I tip toed towards the bathroom. That was when I tripped. I fell down to the floor and it made a thud sound. I glanced at the bed. He was moving but fortunately fell asleep again. Good. I slowly quietly retrieved my clothes from my bag and tip toed the rest of the way to the bathroom. I changed at the speed of lightning. I folded his clothes and came out of the bathroom. I managed to find a piece of paper and a pen. I wrote down a simple Thank You note and put it on top of the clothes I borrowed and placed them on the bed. Once again, I tip toed out of the bedroom and then once outside of the bedroom ran towards the main door until I reached the lift. I heaved out a huge sigh once inside the lift. At that moment I felt my heart pounding so hard in my chest. I felt silly running like that like a thief. I giggled. 

“Yahh...Kyaaa...Gui Gui...I never thought you would be this mischievous and spent the night at a man’s house..kyaaa,” Yonghwa teased as soon as I was in his Range Rover. 

“Shut up,” I muttered as I closed the door. 

“Yong Oppa!!!” Seohyun scolded him and slapped him on the shoulder. She then turned to me from the passenger’s seat. 

“Unnie, miane-yo. Yong Oppa’s a little crazy this morning. Let’s go eat and the we’ll take you home okay? Luckily today we have no class,” Seohyun said, as if to make me feel better. 

I smiled. “De,” 
Suddenly Yonghwa faked a cough and muttered “Ok Taecyeon” in between. Seohyun immediately scold him again and slapped his shoulder. 

“Oppa!!! Aish jjinjja! You’re making unnie uncomfortable! Stop it already!” she said, pounding lightly on Yonghwa’s shoulder. Yonghwa laughed as he leaned away to avoid being pounded by Seohyun. 

“Arrasso, arrasso Hyun~. I”ll stop,” he said and caught Seohyun’s hand. Before long, he took her hand to his lips and kissed it. Then he looked up at Seohyun who is blushing. Sigh. I feel like facepalming myself. I did not need to see this. 

“Yah, are you two going to make out or should I just walk?” I pretended to be annoyed.. 

“Miane-yo Unnie. Oppa, ka-ja. Unnie must be hungry,” Seohyun immediately said and adjusted her seat. Her face still red. 

“Ka-ja,” Yonghwa said and start the car. 

I could only giggled silently at them. Well, Yonghwa’s making Seohyun’s eyes sparkled. 

 

3 months earlier

Taecyeon

“Just do me a favor here, Taecyeonnie. Just be nice to her okay?” My dad begged. 

I was standing in his office in the college. He is the Director of this school and also co-founder. He was sitting in his chair behind the desk. His coffee still steaming hot. He was holding his pen. Papers of documents sit on the desk in front of him. I gritted my teeth. I wanted to object but I was raised to respect my elders. I sighed. 

“As you know, she’s the daughter of one of the investors to this college. If you treat her nicely, her father might increase his investment. It will help in building the new building for this school,” my dad explained for the hundred time.

“And then you would want me to marry her so you can dig more from them. Is it not what you want?” I blurted out. I did not care anymore. I wasnt about to be forced to do this. 

“Ok Taecyeon! Watch it!” my dad said, getting up from his seat. 

“I’m doing this, dad. I won’t,” I said and turned towards the door. I heard my dad sighed. 

I was out of his office and walked towards the library. I walked fast enough that I crashed into someone. I heard stuff fell. I stopped my track and helped the person. It didn't take long for me to recognise her big eyes. She was looking down gathering her stuff but I managed to catch a glimpse of her face. Big bright eyes. That was the first thing I noticed. She abruptly got up and bowed a thank you before running away. I was too stunned by her eyes that I stuck on the hallway like a statue.Who is she?

“And just like that, Cinderella left,” I heard Wooyoung’s voice from behind. He startled me. He stood beside me. 

“Hyung, who was that? When you stare like that, it usually meant you are interested in something. Or someone,’ he said, looking into my direction. The girl was no longer in sight. 

“Shut up,” I said and turned to walk away. Wooyoung followed behind. 

“Yah hyung, are you okay? Are having a period?” Wooyoung said jokingly. 

I ignored his joke. He is a joker but at times like this, he is just annoying, no matter the fact that we’ve been friend since high school. 


“So what did your dad say?” Nickhun asked, sipping his coffee. 

We were in a shoe cafe that evening after school. It was Khun’s idea to have a drink there. 

“Same old, same old,” I said, not wanting to remember my dad. 

“You could just say no, man,” Khun suggested.

“It’s not that easy, dude. You know my dad. Everything’s business,” I sighed, shoving a cookie in my mouth. This cookie’s nice. It instantly made me feel good. 

“Okay, let me ask you this. Do you even like her?” Khun asked again. 

“Yoona’s...nice and pretty..but that’s it I just don’t have that feeling towards her, man,” I said, sipping my coffee. 

“Then, tell her off. That’s the only way to get you out of this,” Khun explained. 

“You know, I thought we live in a modern era where you get to pick who you wanted to get married to and when. I guess I’m still outdated. You’re lucky you have Victoria. Dont ever let go of her,” I said, looking straight at Khun’s eyes. Khun smiled and nodded. 

“It’ll work out dude. I got your back-no, make that me and the hyenas got your back,” Khun said, trying to joke. We both laughed. 

Just then, the door bell rang signifying customer coming in. I looked at the door and to my surprise, she came in. It’s her. 

 

It’s her. The girl I ran into this morning. The girl with big eyes. I stared at her from far. She came with a friend. Is that Seohyunnie? Oh, so she’s a friend of a friend. Beside Seohyun, she looked petite. He hair tied in a ponytail. I noticed her purple highlights. She was wearing a black skinny jeans and blue blouse. She wore Converse. The black ones. Hm. This is interesting. Compared to her, Seohyun was all pretty and dolled up. They both started scanning for shoes. The big eyed girl had her fore finger pointed at a particular shoe. Black nails. Is she into alternative. Just then she smiled at Seohyun. I looked closely at the shoes she’s pointing. Silver pumps. Not heels. Normal girls like Seohyun or even Yoona would choose heels. I saw her trying the shoes on. From the looks of it, the shoes fit her. I saw her giggling and jumping lightly. Is she always childlike? I noticed Seohyun laughed at her. I could not help but smiled. There is something warming about this girl. 

“You know, if you’re just staring like that, she’ll never be yours,” Khun said, startling me. 

I laughed nervously and forcefully tore my gaze from the big eyed girl to Khun. 

“Who were you looking at?” Khun asked, looking at my direction. From the corner of eyes, they were already out of the shop. 

“Just some girl I bumped into this morning,” I answered, looking at my coffee. 

“Eii..I dont like the sound of this,” Khun inquired. 

“What?” I asked, pretending to not understand him.

“This tone of your voice when you say girl,” Khun replied. 

I smiled. “Just keep your attention to Victoria, will ya?” I joked. Khun smiled widely at the mention of Victoria. 

I envied Khun’s ralationship with Victoria. They met while on tour and soon enough they are together until now. I’ve seen their interactions with each other. I always knew Khun, my very best friend to be a romantic guy. He treated Victoria like a princess. I always want a relationship like that. When will it be my turn?