Blessings

Runaway Little Ghost

Taecyeon 

"Taecyeonnie, where are you?" I heard mom said over the phone. 

"Did dad ask?" I said, procastinating. 

"Well, he's pretty mad now that he refused to talk to you. Where are you son? You've been acting strange for the past few months. What's going on? You barely make it back home. And when you do, you only stayed for ahwile. Is something going on?" Mom asked, worried. 

I sighed. I could never bring myself to lie to mom. I missed her, actually. But lately I have been busy with work, and mom had been busy with all the charity work and so we never really had time to sit down and talk. I like to talk to mom. She is the opposite of dad. She listens to me well. And she gave good advices too. When I told her that I didnt want to marry Yoona, she nodded her head and said that she never agreed to dad's plan to marry me off for business purpose. She told me to pursue whatever I want. Dad was always pushing me to do my very best and it never seemed to be enough for him. I guess because I am the only son in the family and he had planned that one day I will be running his business. Its not that I'm grateful. Its just that I have a different way of doing things compared to dad. Dad considered everything in a business minded way. It seemed that the fortune we had is never enough.

"Mom, if I tell you this, please dont tell dad," I pleaded. 

"You know you can trust me Taecyeon-ah. What's going on?" she asked. 

There was a long pause. I tried to find the best way to tell her what really happened. 

"Mom, I'm in Okinawa Island," I finally said. 

It was now Mom's turn to be silent. 

"Why is that, Taecyeonnie?" Mom asked finally. 

And so I told her about Gui Gui and how Yoona had come to threatened her. Mom was silent the whole time. When I finished, mom sighed. 

"I always knew that Yoona girl is not good. I've seen how she flirted with men for her own advantage," Mom sighed. 

"I know, mom. That was why I couldnt agree with dad. Dad didnt know that she's no good," I replied. 

"So when are you going to bring back my daughter-in-law?" Mom teased. 

"Mom! We're not married!" I asnwered too quickly. 

"Oh, wae? Dont you plan on marrying her? You sounded so serious when it comes to her. Even the way you said her name was different," Mom teased yet again. 

"I dont know..." I hesitated. 

"Taec, if you love her, marry her. What's wrong with marrying her now? Show her dad how serious you want her," Mom adviced. 

"We'll see, mom. We'll see," I replied, smilling. 

"Arasso. Dont forget to bring her to meet me okay? Dont make me come there and meet her myself!," Mom said before hanging up. 

I chuckled as I put the phone down. Just then I felt arms wrapping my shoulder from behind and a kiss on my neck. I smiled as I recognised the scent. 

"Gui Gui," I said, smilling. 

"Oppa, why are you smilling?" she asked, still standing behind me. I was sitting on the couch in the living room. 

"Because I have you," I answered. 

Gui Gui loosened her arms and came around to sit on my lap in a way I am craddling her. 

"So cheesy," she muttered. 

"What did you say?" I said, and tickled her, which made her screamed and laughed. 

"Tell me, what did you say?" I said as I tickled her belly some more. 

She laughed and squirmed out of my lap and stood weakly before me from laughter. 

"Ani Oppa. I didnt say anything," she laughed, protecting her belly as I reached out for her. 

I managed to get a hold of her hand and swiftly, I pulled her towards me, making her straddle me. I hold her face and looked up at her as I leaned closer to kiss her lips. She responded quickly and kissed me harder, her hands travelling to my chest to loosened the buttons of my shirt. I tear myself away from her, feeling the swelling in my groin. I caught hold of her hand before they travel further downward. I looked at her and saw those big eyes glistened with desire, her lips slightly bruised. Her tank top sleeve which was one size bigger slipped down her shoulder and revealed her fair skin. I gulped. 

"No," I said as I shook my head. 

"Oppa.." she moaned in dissapoinment. 

"No, Gui Gui. Not without your father's permission," I said, feeling dissapointed myself. I wanted her so bad, since the day I came. 

"Fine!" she snapped and got up and stormed out of the room.

I was left alone again. I did not bother to go after her because I knew I would not be able to control myself then. I sighed in frustration. I hate to see Gui Gui dissapointed. At that moment, I have decided, I want to talk to Gui Gui's dad. 

***
Taecyeon

I think I'm going crazy. I tapped my fingers on the coffee table a few times as I wait for Mr Wu to arrive. I had called him up and asked to meet him at a cafe not far from where he works. I kept looking at my watch and a few minutes later, I saw him coming through the door. I sat up straight at the sight of him. So here goes nothing.

"Please, sit down Mr Wu," I said, as I got up and welcomed him. 

He gave a smug look and sat down. I kept my composure as I sat down across of him. A waiter came and took our order. As soon as the waiter was gone, Mr Wu looked staright at me. 

"Why do you wanted to see me?" Mr Wu asked, his arms across his chest. 

I cleared my thought as I raked my brain to find the best way to explain to him how much I love Gui Gui. 

"Mr Wu, I know I came with the wrong impression since the day I came. I am sorry for beating up Henry so suddenly. That will never happen again," I said, anticipating his response. 

He stayed quite for a while, raising his eyebrows. Mr Wu sat back down and stared at me, making more nervous. You can do this Taec! 

"Mr Wu, I'd like to ask for your daughter's hand in marriage," I said, clear and simple. 

Mr Wu's eyes widened as he leaned close, carefully examining my face. 

"Are you playing a game with me? Because right now I'm not in the mood to play games," Mr Wu sternly said. 

I didnt have the chance to respond when he asked me another queston which made me almost fell from my seat. 

"Is she pregnant?" he asked, looking like he's ready to eat me alive.

"No!" I said, a bit too loud. 

I gulped. Come on Taec! Convince him!

"I'm serious Mr Wu. I want to marry Gui Gui," I said, keeping my heart steady. 

Mr Wu leaned back on the chair, folding his arms across his chest. He stared at me yet again. 

"I love Gui Gui, I really do. Losing her for a month made me realise how much of an impact she made towards my life. I want her to be my wife, always. I need her in my life. I know I can take care of her. I will never hurt her. I know I will love her, always," I said, desperately convicing Mr Wu. 

Mr Wu was silent yet again. He looked down on the floor as he searched for the words to say. 

"You know Taec, it wa never easy bringing her up after her mother left us. I was a drunktard for about a month and neglected my responsibilities towards her. What made me came to my senses was I realised she was eatng instant noodles every single day and never complained. That was the moment I realised, I should protect her, bring her up to become a smart, beautiful woman. I guess I failed being a dad when she became abuse victim to some boys in high school. I realised how much she needed a woman figure in her life to tell her which boys to stay away from and which to approach. I always regretted that fact to this day. I can give her everything in this world except a mother's love. I never thought of re-marrying because I dont want to hurt her yet again. I failed to protect her from Aaron. There was never a day that I did not think of that fact. That was why I sent her to Korea, start a new life. It was the only way I could think of to protect her," Mr Wu explained, sipping on his hot tea as his eyes drew distant. 

I knew enough to stay silent and let him finish. 

"I cant stand watching Gui Gui hurt again. I dont know what you did to her but ever since you came here, there's a glint of happiness in her eyes. I saw the way she moves around you. And I saw how you watch over her, as if afraid that she might break anytime soon," Mr Wu chuckled, loosening up. 

I smiled politely at his jokes. So he did his observation. 

"I think it's a little bit too early for marriage but then again, if she's happy, I'm happy," Mr Wu said as his lips curled into a warm smile. 

I looked at him in disbelief. He's smiling at me? Just afew minutes ago he hates me and now he's smiling at me??

"Are you going to say something Taec, or are you going to smile from ear to ear the whole night?" Mr Wu joked, chuckling louder.

"Uh, no, I mean, uh, Mr Wu..d-does that mean, you're giving me your blessings?" I stuttered. 

"Do you want me to take it back?" Mr Wu asked, clearly joking. 

"N-no! Thank you! Thank you Mr Wu!" I said, smiling widely. 

"I didnt hate you Taec. I was just testing you. I need to see that you're good enough for her," Mr Wu said, as he raised his glass for a toast.

Gladly, I raised my glass and our glasses made a clink sound. 

Just then, my phone rang. 

"Hyung, I think you need to come down here," I heard Henry said, loud music behind him. 

"Wae? Odiga?" I asked. 

"I'm at the pub at the hotel. I think Gui Gui's drunk," Henry shouted over the music. 

"Mwoh?" I exclaimed a little too loud, grabbing attention. 

Mr Wu gave me a questioning look. 

"Wait there. I'm coming," I said and hung up. 

"What is it?" Mr Wu asked. 

I sighed. 

"Henry said Gui Gui's drunk," I said quietly. 

"She what?" Mr Wu exclaimed this time. 

"Let's go and get her," I said, grabbing the rented car keys. 

***
Taecyeon

"What the hell is she thinking?!" Mr Wu exclaimed loudly inside the car on our way home. 

"Uncle, I really thought we were just going to go grab a drink. I didnt know that she was planning on getting drunk. I tried to stop her but.." Henry said with remorse. 

"It's not your fault Henry. I know how stubborn she can be sometimes," Mr Wu sighed. 

We reached home a few minutes later and swiftly, I carried her to her bed. Mr Wu came inside with a warm wet towel to put over her head. 

"It's okay Mr Wu. I 'll take it from here," I offered. 

Mr Wu looked worriedly at Gui Gui who was lying on the bed, completely passed out. And then seconds later, he nodded hesitantly and bid us good night. Henry also came and bid us good night. 

I sighed as I closed the door. I sat down beside her on the bed. Unknowingly, Gui Gui stirred and swung her little arm to grab me down. I was forcefully leaned towards her face. Her breath reeks of alcohol and sweetness. 

"Oppa..." she whined, her eyes closed. 

"Gui Gui, sleep now," I said, releasing her grip gently. 

She tossed and turned and settled with lying on her side. She was wearing her shorts and button up white shirt. Her shirt was opened enough to reveal her bra. I gulped at the scene. Calm down Taec, I told myself. I took a few long breaths and got up. I decided to give wipe her clean and change her into her pajamas. 

I could feel my hands trembling as I gently her shirt. She stirred yet again. 

"Oppa, make love to me," she slurred, her eyes still closed. 

I pretended not to hear. I continued ing her shirt and threw it to the floor. She was left bare with her bra and shorts on. Seeing her this way was pleasuring and torturing at the same time. I gulped until my throat feels dry. 

Suddenlt Gui Gui sat up and straddled me. Her head was leaning on my shoulder. I heard her sobbed. I felt a stab in my heart. Why is she crying? Carefully, I caressed her back and pulled her closer, leaving no gap between our bodiies. 

"Wae? What's wrong?" I asked softly. 

She sobbed even more. I could feel her body shaking from the sobbing. Gently, I pushed her inches away from me and lifter her chin up. I saw tears running down her cheeks. 

"Wae? Why are you crying?" I asked, feeling pained. 

"Oppa..why wont you want me? Am I really that bad?" she sobbed, crashing into my chest and cried louder. 

I sighed upon realising what she meant. I wiped the tears away and cupped her face. I leaned in and kissed her on the forehead. I brushed my lips lightly against hers. In an instant, she swung her arm around my neck and pulled me, kissing me hungrily. If it wasnt because she was drunk, I would have had her in that moment. I pushed her away gently yet again. I cupped her face. 

"Gui Gui, you're drunk. I'm not doing it because you're drunk, okay?" I said to her clearly. 

She sobbed yet again. 

"Gui Gui, please. Please, dont cry. Its hurting me too," I begged as I hugged her tight.

I let her sob a few minutes and after a while, she had finally fell asleep on my chest. I quickly change her into her pajamas and climbed beside her as I watch her sleep, until I fell asleep.